BB Global (English) > BBB 3 Benefits

BBB 3 Benefits

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
32764.6 in reply to 32764.5
Date: 5/22/2008 9:39:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think that was his point. It is comparable to the NT's so it should be treated like the NT's.

I am in favor of something like this as well. Yet, I can't help think to myself "how is this tournament going to inspire me to get into it?" This means I have to win the top division (can't happen this year) or beat 700 some odd users in the US who have the same goal. Add the revenue piece to it and now you have more cash to build a bigger stadium or last a few weeks and it turns into millions. So their head start they have is growing, not diminishing.

You can point to the Chicago Bulls post in the USA forum as an example of how much cash we are talking about. Points of reference. 1.39 approx from winning the cup..... 1.2 mil just for the cup games. I am sure the weekly revenue is not hurting. Last 4 weeks (Only dealing with potential) and there is close to another million dollars. Thats over 3 million dollars.

Then there is the precious enthusiasm gains these teams gain because they play a game that counts. How do we know mutual TIE's are not happening now? Thereby giving these teams a larger advantage - please don't put it past any of these teams except the team that tricked Brazil in the NT semi's.

Ok now I am venting..... we just crippled the daytraders because people were complaining they were not earning their place. We also were told changes were happening because the rich were hoarding huge amounts of cash. And now we have rewarded the already rich with a tournament for them to decide who is better. That just plain sucks. Brianjames has generally been a straight shooter (based on his forum remarks), and no disrespect to anyone, but there has to be a better answer then the one we are giving them. If your good, you will over come this.

This Post:
32764.7 in reply to 32764.5
Date: 5/22/2008 10:01:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I dont quite understand what you meant by your first line......

Those top players not only get more expensive them, but for US too. What better way to offset some of those expenses than to have yet another way for them to earn money?

Again I don't think any of the teams in the tournament are suffering. I have played some of these teams and while I put my best squad out there, they are still winning. I have little sympathy for a team that is already kicking my rear to give them extra means to do so.

Bottom line - there is an expense cap, but no revenue cap. It's fairly obvious and thats how we all stay afloat.

This Post:
32764.8 in reply to 32764.4
Date: 5/22/2008 10:03:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Brian,

I think it's all part of the game. As a team in a lower division I want to catch you. This tournament doesnt help me do this on any level if you benefit from it. You have 2 chances to return this year while I have one. We both may not have to play everyone, but from where I am sitting you have a much better shot than I.

This Post:
32764.9 in reply to 32764.4
Date: 5/22/2008 10:22:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't really care about the extra training and am not being able to take advantage of it cause at least 3/4 games a week are too competitive for backup/reserve trainees to play in anyways. The extra minutes affecting GS are a bigger negative than any extra training I might be getting.

The money is obviously good, but it makes it more of a challenge to avoid getting knocked out of the national cup (where you're likely to make more money then the B3) and trying to win difficult league games. Plus, at most 200k extra per week at best isn't enough to add a good enough player to take advantage of extra training.

As weeks go by and extra minutes take their toll on key players all the B3 teams remaining become easier to beat in the league and cup.

Overall, if you manage it perfectly and get some luck (good draws in both tourneys) you might come out ahead, if not, you could more easily come out behind.

My situation is slightly different than yours...

I can get away with more of my fringe players in the domestic cup and some league games BUT with only 12 active teams in Japan (down from 19) the chances of going to an arena that gives me decent income in the cup vs playing a scrimmage and getting better training minutes coupled with the fact our cup finishes on the all-star week means its only worth staying in to try and win to get a ticket for the next BB3.

Dont also forget for a lot of top teams they are training players close or on the soft cap for allstars... meaning extra training is marginal.

Money - yes - big arenas + Home draw is $$$$ but BB3 clubs are also all more susceptible to random CT's and 1 loss as we all know is like setting off a grenade in your busiest stand.

Its impossible to plan to win (with HCA being so important) - and if you try to think too far ahead you realise you are just jeopardising your chances to re-qualify for the following season - so overall just enjoy the ride and treat it as a bonus.

This Post:
32764.10 in reply to 32764.9
Date: 5/23/2008 2:05:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Why you don't think about 2 games in BBB ? For example, like i ULEB cup in europe, was done 2 games,
For example

A team
B team

Play match A team win first game by 6 points
Second game, B team win by 12 points,
and
Team nr. B will be promoted to next stage ;)

This Post:
32764.11 in reply to 32764.10
Date: 5/23/2008 3:12:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Like it a lot!

This Post:
32764.12 in reply to 32764.7
Date: 5/23/2008 6:23:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
you don't forget, that it maybe a good way to earn money, but how you could plan to play their?

You could buy a expensive team(which becomes in the future a ugly high salary) to win your local cup/league but one unlucky loss game and you lose a lot money. maybe it is subotimal now, but this game is soo young, that i'm sure that this cup stays into balance if you look it in a long term way. So you could change their rules every season, or you could apologize a modell which is fair for the must seasons.

This Post:
32764.13 in reply to 32764.1
Date: 5/23/2008 7:34:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think that for most teams BBB is not a big financial advantage, and for many it even cost them money.

If the teams want to take advantage of the extra training they have to invest in trainees. But this is not a benefit unless you manange to win at least a couple of rounds. Most of these teams would perhaps have to pay 1 million or more to get 2 extra trainees. My own trainees often set me back 500K to 1 million each, and I am quite far from having on of the best teams.

When they are out of BBB then approx. 20-25% when selling them again if they havent popped. Even with pops it could easily be a loss. Obviously there would be some sort of income as well - but in many cases this will not cover the loss when selling again.

Also when knocked out the team will take a hit in spectators - again less income. And if selling the newly bought players probably even another hit in spectators - again less income.

Game Shape will take a hit as well on non-training position, as these players will play too many minutes.
This might result in losses - and again less income.

Also you run the risk of injuries to key players.

So, to say that BBB will give a huge advantage to the teams participating is far from true. It might be the the very best teams in the world might get an advantage. But, then again they get it for performing really well (even the best team can be out of BBB in the first rounds).

I went out in the first round and I am not complaining, because it was fun to take part, and compare the team to the very best teams in the world.

Even with the financial disadvantages for team that go out in the first rounds, I do not like the idea to have the matches not count in training, as this is part of a good strategy/management game - having to make difficult decisions about training and what games to give top priority.

This Post:
32764.14 in reply to 32764.8
Date: 5/23/2008 9:12:03 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
As a team in a lower division I want to catch you.

Setting unrealistic goals is only going to cause disappointment though

This tournament doesnt help me do this on any level if you benefit from it. You have 2 chances to return this year while I have one

IF I manage well and get some luck, I might benefit. If I get knocked out of the US tourney, begin to fall behind the NBBA, pick up a injury in the B3, etc, then I don't.

Last edited by brian at 5/23/2008 9:12:23 AM

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt
This Post:
32764.15 in reply to 32764.1
Date: 5/23/2008 10:44:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
advantages from bbb: about 200k extra incom fromspectators each game, and extra training.
disadvantages: you need more players. if you want to compete there then you have to play the best squad in bbb, and you will play weaker in the league, which results in less spectators and less merchandise revenue.

for most of the teams it will be only a couple of games, so the benefit from extra training will not be too big, but of course it is fun to play there.

This Post:
32764.16 in reply to 32764.15
Date: 5/23/2008 10:55:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
advantages from bbb: about 200k extra incom fromspectators each game

Can you help me find this magical $200K?

Arena Revenue for Match 5966622
$ 63 000

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
Advertisement