Suggestions > Moratorium on ALL new changes for one year

Moratorium on ALL new changes for one year

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
182276.63 in reply to 182276.60
Date: 4/25/2011 7:56:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm not trying to paraphrase Charles, and some of this is devil's advocate-esque in nature - the point being that alternate explanations may exist, beyond "2-3 is broken."

But it's my understanding that 2-3, 3-2, and 1-3-1 have inside/outside emphases, so if you build a team that can play those, isn't that preferable to going M2M? (Depending on your matchup of course.)

Last edited by RiseandFire at 4/25/2011 7:57:25 PM

This Post:
182276.65 in reply to 182276.62
Date: 4/25/2011 8:04:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
True. I wish I had the means to test it to the point where sample size is a non-issue. I'm training players who will theoretically be good in 2-3, but I still don't have the means.

I do assume that Charles, who does have the means, is onto something when he alludes to 2-3 working, however.

To: RiP
This Post:
182276.69 in reply to 182276.67
Date: 4/26/2011 5:23:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
+1

Awesome post ยก

To: RiP
This Post:
182276.70 in reply to 182276.68
Date: 4/27/2011 7:34:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Pat Pat.

The exact problem of the 2/3 zone is we don't want a zone that we have to build a team around. The points of the zones is to use them in specific situations.

I play man to man most of the time as I should.

If I play a team with weak big men and strong guards that tend to run motion or run and gun offences I play a 3-2 zone. I don't need any special players and it works.

If I play a very unbalanced team with pathetic big men and sensational guards who always play motion or run and gun I play a 1-3-1 zone. I don't need any special players to do this and it gives a fantastic perimeter defence.

If I play a very unbalanced team with a $300,000 center and no-one else worth more than $30,000 who always play look inside or low post, which I have done, I want a zone that will at least give me a chance to slow them down.

I don't want to have to sell my entire team and find PFs with 14 OD and 14 SB if they even exist just so I can play a 2/3 zone. Does the 2/3 zone even do it's job? Ok their $10,000 guards have a field day, I can understand that, but when their big men also seem to score at will and all I get is a higher rebound % of the few shots they actually miss, I feel sad. Don't you?

The game should punish obviously unbalanced teams by providing a tactic that neutralises their strengths if they are so predictable. It does for outside attacks but doesn't for inside, this is a problem.

This Post:
182276.73 in reply to 182276.4
Date: 4/28/2011 12:42:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Most of the changes of this season come from things that have been suggested here and discussed lot of times(some of them before you joined the game);

*give up Strategys (178778.1)

*Better Training Method For SF (174785.1) (season 17 trainings change i suppose)

* Make the best players actually (158188.1)

We got luck BB's heard us, but they don't listen us so often to be honest...

This kind of comments, comes from new managers or from managers who haven't a wide experince on the game and the complains normally comes from managers who have been playing on this game lot of seasons.

You just have a few experience, but it seems you got lot of experience to talk about GE and so on...

Normally I read the whole post before commenting but this entry stopped me in my tracks. This is a straw man argument. "You havent played as long as I have so your opinion isnt as valuable as mine". Does this mean that people who played in seasons 1 and 2 should dismiss anything you say because you arent as experienced? The guy you responded to is absolutely right. If the BBs made all the changes suggested, even by 'veterans' like you it would ruin the game, just like GLB. When the game first started anyone who logged on everyday and had a decent understanding of the game could move up. Now with the competition getting tougher every season I see many suggestions from veterans that are thinly disguised as a means to 'hold on to their spot'. As the game get older and older the better managers are slowly rising to the top and passing the 'older more experienced' managers who then claim 'foul' and start trying to think of unselfish reasons to implement thier selfish changes so no 'inexperienced' manager can pass them. I can think of no greater example than teams operating deep in the red, then crying for the BBs to change the economy so they can continue to use their foolish strategy because 'it used to work'.

For a guy who has only played 3 seasons, the poster you reamed has just as many championships as you do in your 13. Does that worry you?

Advertisement