BB USA > The Panther Press (28370)

The Panther Press (28370)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
192927.63 in reply to 192927.62
Date: 8/14/2011 5:24:06 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I concur. We need an investigative unit to tackle through transfers and the financial reports of America's team. This can go no further.

I'm more worried that his players may be juicing with Carrot Top. I wouldn't accuse Americans of such a thing, but the team has made it a point to bring in players from countries without our fine moral standards. How much of these outsourced jobs must we tolerate? Is this money being funneled back to their homelands to launch surreptitious schemes against our sovereignty such as in the Iraq and such as?

This Post:
192927.64 in reply to 192927.63
Date: 8/14/2011 5:35:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm more worried that his players may be juicing with Carrot Top.

"Juicing with Carrot Top" has actually been the Toccoa halftime show for several seasons now. It's basically Gallagher meets Pardon the Interruption.

This Post:
192927.65 in reply to 192927.63
Date: 8/14/2011 6:43:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The point is, when Daniel Tosh owns more of this team than the American public, we know something's wrong. Obviously, the team doesn't have it's priorities straight therefore there will be lower moral standards and a poor public image, along with possible connections to other foreign organizations. I say we hold a people's election and consider a replacement "America's Team".

This Post:
192927.66 in reply to 192927.65
Date: 8/14/2011 6:52:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It depends on where you stand on his Tosh Marathon segment.

This Post:
192927.67 in reply to 192927.66
Date: 8/14/2011 8:04:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Can we rename them "Tosh's Team" and have Tosh write the reports? That would make this a must-read...

This Post:
192927.68 in reply to 192927.67
Date: 8/14/2011 8:42:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I can assure that we are not cheating. Also Daniel Tosh is only a part owner so that he can get his rich friends to buy luxury boxes. In exchange for doing this he wanted to be a part of America's Team.
Just because I am Buckeyefan01 does not mean I will cheat like them. I would say if I cheated unlike Tressel.

This Post:
192927.69 in reply to 192927.68
Date: 8/14/2011 9:32:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I can assure that we are not cheating. Also Daniel Tosh is only a part owner so that he can get his rich friends to buy luxury boxes. In exchange for doing this he wanted to be a part of America's Team.
Just because I am Buckeyefan01 does not mean I will cheat like them. I would say if I cheated unlike Tressel.

This is the type of comment that makes me wonder if my support of this organization has been a mistake. Giving away ownership to a guy so his friends will buy luxury boxes? If you focus on putting forth a quality product at a fair price, America will flock to your arena. Don't let the star power blind you; Daniel Tosh is certainly a well-known celebrity now, but your duty as caretaker of this great American institution requires you to display a much higher degree of stewardship than selling out for a buck.

I know being promoted to IV for the first time is a challenging time, and it's always tempting to turn to short cuts like foreign ringers and celebrity endorsers. But you are made of sterner stuff than that! Never give up, never surrender, and never let them see you sweat! Do this the right way and America will do right by you.

This Post:
192927.70 in reply to 192927.68
Date: 8/14/2011 10:12:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Does America's Team have an official stance on the infamous Team America (50074)?

This Post:
192927.71 in reply to 192927.69
Date: 8/14/2011 10:30:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
In season 16, Toccoa Panthers were relegated from league USA III.5

I know being promoted to IV for the first time is a challenging time,

hrudey, while I appreciate your great concern for OUR team, I must request that you stop slandering the name of this fine franchise. They have fought tooth and nail for this country and clawed their way into D3 to see their dreams ripped out by a 3-19 season in which they RELEGATED back into D4. They need much coddling and encouragement to come back from that type of beating and your criticism is not helping. We must treat them as babies or small children so they don't go down the road of shame like Britney Spears, Lindsey Lohan, Jose Canseco, and Cory Feldman to name a few. We must lift them up in this time of urgency and help them rise from the ashes back to the glory days when they were at the pinnacle of D4.

However, I must agree that this foreign insurgence of players is similar to that of the Toronto Raptors over the last 5 years or so....and it has the same success rate. Could it be the different languages causing a barrier thus deteriorating on court team cohesiveness? Could it lead to the coach losing control of his players and making him launch into uncontrollable tirades that wind up distancing the team from himself? Could it lead to racist/ethnic hate? Could it lead to a power struggle between all the players and the Spanish armada that has been built? This could wind up being world war 3 and the only person that would be able to put out the fire is baller_cl....errr...I mean Daniel Tosh. Although the organization does not want me to be the next coach I fully believe that the current manager and general manager need to go! They have turned America's Team into the European Union plus a few communists from Russia and China. Tosh would bring a humor that could unite the world as well as America's Team. With a new found unity I believe we all would be proud to be Americans again....even if the entire team isn't....

This Post:
192927.72 in reply to 192927.71
Date: 8/14/2011 10:41:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
A round of applause for you sir. But I think that these things can be settled. The players are getting restless, and their 4 losses in a row are beginning to grind on them. If you were made manager, could you guarantee regular ice cream socials so the players have an outlet, a place to unwind? We treat them merely as robots, meant to play basketball, and to play basketball only. This is the greatest mistake the current manager has made. Would you be willing to break the trend and treat these foreigners as human beings and give them the attention they need as status-crazed, performance-enhancing-drug-using athletes? Only when their egos are stroked can we truly tap into their potential. What say you to this, are you ready for this kind of challenge?

This Post:
192927.73 in reply to 192927.1
Date: 8/14/2011 10:50:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Everyone is blaming management for these losses by America's team, but what are they suppose to do. Its not there fault, when America's team plays americans they win in 99% of situations, no matter what which means either
1. The other teams aren't really Americans and are illegal immigrants.
2. The other teams are illegally using dragons during the game.
3. Their entire league is rigged due to the other teams having connections with the refs.
4. umm... (insert reason here) is happening.

I'd think #2 is the most likely, but #4 could be anything so you never know.

Advertisement