USA - NBBA > Season 37 Smack

Season 37 Smack

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
283121.63 in reply to 283121.62
Date: 12/16/2016 4:53:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
ok, i get it. i misunderstood your moving Bowens, Bello, Spurlock, and Reedy. i hadn't noticed Spoonmore was 26, or perhaps if i had, i thought it was as a foundation of the next incarnation of the Mashers.

so now it's you and $7 million versus the TL, with the clock ticking!

and you're right -- rebuilding your team on the fly is quite a feat!

This Post:
283121.64 in reply to 283121.59
Date: 12/16/2016 5:37:06 PM
Arizona Desert Storm
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:
i look at the new rules concerning tanking and they look rather difficult -- winning three games with a team that has been purposefully dismantled and reconfigured and additionally hovers at or around the league salary floor is, to my way of thinking, a big challenge and quite a big change without warning (as far as i can tell).

I am not a fan of the changes at all...Rarely am I though. It seems nearly every change BB makes, either takes more money from us or forces us to adjust a strategy we have been implementing for a while. While I think it was ridiculous what Khenry did adding 1400+ players and should not be allowed...it's also ridiculous to create a rule that completely blows up what a guy like Shikago has been working on for like 15 seasons, and not causing any harm whatsoever.

I had already blown up half of my team when the News announcement came out. Had I known the PSF was going to go up and the new rule on victories in each trimester...I would have just kept my team until it aged, go for a few more Silver trophies and hope for a lucky Gold. Instead, right in the middle of a rebuild strategy the rules changed. :-(

So I did have to spend a little more than I would have liked...but I think I have put together a team (still need one more player) that can complete deep into the Cup (unless I get a bad draw) and win a handful of home games, and maybe even avoid relegation, all while staying under the PSF.

I had my sights set on landing NT big man Lindley...I gave up nearly $1.5 million before BigShots gave up, and about $3 million before he ultimately sold for. Unbelievable he would sell for $6 mil +.

We often talk about the amount of users in this game (a dwindling number)....but I think of more concern is the TL. The majority of the TL are players 34+...and anyone in their 20's who is decent goes for a kings ransom. I suspect some of the upcoming draft changes are because they are finally realizing if we do not get an influx of trainable players in a few seasons there are only going to be crap players left and this game will go downhill fast.

To me, there are several easy changes that can change the game for the better. The draft needs to not only to have better and more quality rookies to choose from, but the system needs to be overhauled to make it an event. We live in a fantasy sports mentality world right now, where the draft is the highlight of the season. BB is missing the boat on that.

Too many things in this game have money going out, but very few ways money comes in. Especially in D1 (Big countries only) where the idea of a promotion bonus is a thing of the past. It makes little sense to me that we have to use the exact same currency to acquire players from the TL, and participate in the draft in a meaningful way. More often than not teams have to choose one or the other.

Staff members...Their salaries increase 2% per week, but their abilities never do??? Why is it if I buy a L4 trainer that I pay $17k a week and his salary balloons to $30K+ over time, he doesn't get any better? In real life, you get paid more today than you did yesterday because you are more valuable, or more productive. These staff members should automatically "promote" to the next Level up when their salary increases past a certain point, or past x % of what you originally signed them for.

Those are just a few ideas, and i'll get off my soap box now...but with each passing season I find myself getting more frustrated with this game, rather than enjoying its improvements.

Last edited by Jason at 12/16/2016 6:05:06 PM

This Post:
283121.66 in reply to 283121.65
Date: 12/17/2016 6:52:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i like your point about taking changes seeming to have a theme of restricting our options. i know that any system that is created will be gamed (that is why god created lawyers), but i much preferred the days of more or less presenting the game and then let it evolve, come what may. maybe we missed the boat at a large audience by not focusing on an app, i don't know, but i joined the game when it was peaking at 50,000 (i remember 70,000 for an instant), and i very much enjoyed myself -- now i don't see a future for my team, and without changes, i'm afraid for BB as well.

This Post:
283121.67 in reply to 283121.64
Date: 12/17/2016 10:00:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree 100%. When I first started Okobi's training plan, you could get DI starters for 2 million.

he decreasing userbase is probably the biggest factor affecting the economy, but I also think decreasing the amount of free agents was a very poor move. With inflation being so high, any money spent on free agents is taken out of the economy. Decrease the money supply, decrease inflation. This combined with the increase in cash in the market due to Utopia, and increase in the promotion bonus, kinda all helped boost inflation.

If it makes you feel better, when I first started Okobi's training plan, you could get DI starters for 2 million.

If we want to maintain and add to the user base, there needs to be increases in number of trainable players. I think would even go for having any one regardless of position that gets 48+ minutes would get training.

To: Phyr
This Post:
283121.68 in reply to 283121.67
Date: 12/18/2016 3:37:49 AM
High Point Heroes
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
decreasing the amount of free agents was a very poor move. With inflation being so high, any money spent on free agents is taken out of the economy. Decrease the money supply, decrease inflation. This combined with the increase in cash in the market due to Utopia, and increase in the promotion bonus, kinda all helped boost inflation.

To me, you hit the nail right on the head. Utopia is what really did it. Inject cash from every new team and the amount of new teams needing players caused demand for players to skyrocket. I'm also bitter because last season, free agency robbed us of two 34 year olds, 196k Gary Acker (24733336) and 114k Teddy Hills (24738358). No reason for them being removed from the game.

This Post:
283121.69 in reply to 283121.68
Date: 12/18/2016 11:13:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'll say it until I die - Utopia teams should have come with a separate transfer market where they are only allowed to buy Utopian players.

This Post:
283121.70 in reply to 283121.69
Date: 12/21/2016 8:23:54 AM
TarTeam
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
1st win in NBBA! :D

This Post:
283121.71 in reply to 283121.69
Date: 12/24/2016 7:01:38 PM
Upsyndrome
III.15
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Upsyndrome II
I'll say it until I die - Utopia teams should have come with a separate transfer market where they are only allowed to buy Utopian players.

Agreed. I hated the Utopia idea, and still do. Heck, like most Utopian managers, I'm basically paying for Utopia to farm NT players -- it's ridiculous. Utopia farming has effected the value of trainers/staff as well. Recently, a lvl 7 trainer was purchased for 7m by a utopian with two national trainees and team full of scrubs.

"You will lose." -Ivan Drago

This Post:
283121.72 in reply to 283121.71
Date: 12/25/2016 10:31:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal.

This Post:
283121.73 in reply to 283121.72
Date: 12/30/2016 8:37:49 PM
TarTeam
III.4
Overall Posts Rated: