Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
306633.65 in reply to 306633.59
Date: 10/24/2020 11:15:54 PM
Hard Ball Gets
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
When you are purchasing an 18 years old trainee, how much attention do you pay to his stamina or free throw skill?

I disagree in part with the previous poster. Free throw I agree, you should pay zero attention to (as soon as your team is established, has a healthy economy, and you have invested in your arena to a point where you are meeting demand for tickets, you should then buy the training court to increase your FT levels across the board on your whole team).

Stamina is hugely important though, and is something I personally would consider a deal-breaker on someone with atrocious stamina. Pitiful is also no good, I would generally consider awful as a bare minimum. Of course, all things are relative, if it comes down to a binary choice between a 53 TSP player with inept stamina, and 60 TSP with pitiful, then the extra 7 TSP would in nearly all cases outweigh 2 stamina. But you then also have to consider the difficulty in getting this poor stamina player 48+ for full training, and the impact to performance both through the training years, and the later years when you need to train stamina for half a season once he's reached his final build.

As a rule and to avoid disappointment and frustration, awful is almost always my bare minimum, and mediocre is a desirable base line.

This Post:
306633.66 in reply to 306633.65
Date: 10/25/2020 5:36:25 AM
NS Devils
Prva Liga
Overall Posts Rated:
I need someone to clarify this quote in regards to promotions.

One extra promotion spot will be awarded to the team with the best regular season record (ranking being the most important criteria)

So me and this team are currently undefeated in our leagues (100526). His country ranking is 14 and mine is 16. What I'm trying to make sure is that if we both stay undefeated in the regular season, do I still need to win in the playoffs to secure the promotion? Because if I understand it correctly, he can just clear the season and then literally lose in the first round and he still gets promoted. On the other hand, if he would win in the playoffs, then I would be the one getting promoted no matter what my results in the post season are, correct? I may be overthinking this, but I'm kinda confused and I need to get back to the first league asap :)

This Post:
306633.68 in reply to 306633.67
Date: 10/25/2020 11:23:06 AM
NS Devils
Prva Liga
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok, thank you for the lengthy explanation, I understand it now.

This Post:
306633.70 in reply to 306633.69
Date: 10/28/2020 12:50:15 PM
Vilkiukai
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Vilkiukai II
There are. They very rare and expensive in transfer maket. There are more than you think, or you can get clue out of transfer market nly because they salary wise are extremelly efficient and managers who have those, dont even think of selling them. There are even some in NT's. Althrought these time i am not very familiar and cannot point to any specific one. Used to be beast defender in Suomi NT i think, Hakkinen. Have seen maybe spain nt has 20OD 20ID guy with 15PA if remember correctly.

This Post:
306633.72 in reply to 306633.71
Date: 10/29/2020 10:31:47 AM
Vilkiukai
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Vilkiukai II
Nice, he will be competetive even in div III.

My starting point forward in div II:
Jump Shot: strong Jump Range: mediocre ↓
Outside Def.: respectable Handling: proficient
Driving: sensational Passing: wondrous
Inside Shot: prominent Inside Def.: wondrous
Rebounding: sensational Shot Blocking: average
Stamina: inept Free Throw: mediocre

Experience: sensational TSP: 97 (55 + 42)

I used to have 20+ seasons ago 16 PA 16 ID 16RB 18JS 14JR guy.

The bennefit having point forwards is that you can play reverse Patient. Letting center play as PG or SG at offense, your best shooter play at PF or C at offense; and on defense switching them back. That way you dont need high salary PG with excellent passing ad you get very high bennefit of missmatch of your guard and oponent center.

Basicly thats why i am alive in div II, with 10-3 record with 310k salaries. I do play reverse patient alot. Also i have guard with high IS, i do play reverse Look inside too lol.

Reverse Patient with 2 positions swapped. Guard playing PF and C; center playing SG and SF:
(112203869)
Reverse LI again with 2 positions swapped. Gaurds playering PF and C, centers playing SG and SF:
(112203855)
On defence switched back to their positions.

Last edited by Vilkai [LTU NT] at 10/29/2020 10:36:07 AM

Message deleted
Advertisement