BB England > lets keep possible future NT players in good teams

lets keep possible future NT players in good teams

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
118947.66 in reply to 118947.65
Date: 2/17/2010 9:59:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i wish you all the best vasco :) i hope you will have 3 spots in your own team reserved because we tried this for many seasons now and only the active teams are in EBBL or in top division II and they hardly have room for 18 year old trainees :)

i cant wait for you to prove a whole english community wrong and to get them all active and than actively train U21 players for the u21 :)

Last edited by Astragoth at 2/17/2010 10:01:12 AM

This Post:
118947.67 in reply to 118947.66
Date: 2/18/2010 10:42:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i have a good young player but don't have the trainer to be able to get his full potential

Carl McEwan (12966066)

This Post:
118947.68 in reply to 118947.67
Date: 2/18/2010 10:54:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
he is indeed a nice player. he wont make the U21 but he has a chance I think when well trained to make it into the NT one day.

i am not sure why you are selling him? as a new team he would be a super trainee for you. On the other hand, if you can get decent money for him, which it looks like you are going to get for him, I would suggest to buy an 18 year old at the start off next season after the draft...

if i would have room for a trainee i would consider buying him myself. All the guard skils at respectable make him a decent player :)

Message deleted
This Post:
118947.70 in reply to 118947.66
Date: 3/14/2010 8:57:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Not strictly true...there are some guys in Div III and IV that would probably be willing to train up guys.

I know of at least 10 guys in the lowest leagues who would be up for - and probably will be anyways - training up a high potential 18 year old, if they are lucky enough to draft one.

I have an 18 year old Allstar on my team that i have been making a particular effort to train...unfortunately though, his base skills were good but not great and i joined the game part way in to the season so i lost some training weeks.

Point is, dont rule out managers lower down just because the majority quit the game within a week or two of signing up.

Last edited by Carcaco at 3/14/2010 8:57:42 PM

This Post:
118947.71 in reply to 118947.70
Date: 3/14/2010 10:35:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
well i am than looking forward to see you save your money and spend it on 3 great U21 england prospects :) if all the other 9 guys you know do the same, than our problems for the U21 team are sorted...

This Post:
118947.72 in reply to 118947.70
Date: 3/15/2010 11:49:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You're right. I have a list of players worth following, and I had confirmation about some of those. The number of good draftees being trained is aorund 15, and hopefully there are more average draftees that can overcome those who are not being properly trained, so that they can be better by the age of 20 or 21

This Post:
118947.73 in reply to 118947.72
Date: 3/15/2010 12:30:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i disagree with the topic title.

keeping your NT players (and that includes U21 players) in your own country is good, but if they aren't being trained, then it's better of to try and move them to a team that is training players...

i'd still prefer the 5k salary Perenial allstar player (18 y old), who is trained aboard than a 7k MVP player (18 y too) who is in a team but that team doesn't want to train the guy.

so keeping your players in your country won't help futher the U21/NT. convincing the managers to put them on the TL, and having a list of teams (wheither the team is based in england or abroad) that train that position and are looking for a player, that is a key part for a U21 coach. he needs to know who he can ask to train that player if he is released to the TL (whatever the reason may be).

so having a list of players who are worth of being trained, that is easely obtained by keeping an eye on the TL and keeping having a look at the players drafted in the previous years (and i reckon Astragoth, the current U21 coach has some kind of form or forum where he can keep track of the players).

and a key part in keeping an eye on your futur U21 candidates, is having contact with the managers almost every 2 weeks, asking them for update in the skills, seeing if they are being trained well.

for U21 team of countries who have more than just a first and second division, it is almost impossible to be the U21 coach and to keep track of all your players. you need some helping hands ( NT / U21 Staff members) who look after certain positions. i am pretty sure their are a rahter great ammount of teams in the 3rd and 4th division who would wish to train up a player for futur U21, but the only problem is, they don't have the knowhow... and that is something your U21 staff members can provide.

The number of good draftees being trained is aorund 15, and hopefully there are more average draftees that can overcome those who are not being properly trained, so that they can be better by the age of 20 or 21

cause if the coach has to mail 72 people (4x 18 players, assuming you've got 18 players of each age you ar following, but i hope for Englands sake that it is more than just 72 players that they are following) every week, trying to help them out with the training, AND has to analyse his opponent, the possible tactic he'll be facing AND has to manage his own team, that is just to much for one person. so the NT head coaches need people to help out the Nt teams. it's not jsut a one man show. and i'll agree, the staff members seldom get the recognition that they deserve, but they got the advantage that they can learn of current U21/NT coach.

a U21 Coach is responsible for the futur of the NT. so if he fails to get people to train the players, your NT will fail to, cause they wont get any new players fresh from the U21 who are better than the current NT players...

also, the results of a U21 coach can't be based on merely 2 years. if the oach before you did a louzy job, then you'll have 20/21 year olds during your U21 coaching years who aren't worthy of the U21 team. on the other hand, if the previous U21 coach took good care of the 18 and 19 year olds, then you'll have nice 20/21 year olds during your 2 seasons as U21 head coach.

so a U21 team isn't just a one man show. it needs a team of people in order to be able to keep track of all the guy's worthy of being trained, cause new guy's to this game will need assistance in training their talents... it isn't uncommon that the U21 coach proposes a training schedule to a coach who is trainig a futur U21 candidate.

and the key difference between a U21 coach and a Nt coach is:

the U21 coach (the same goes for his staff) has to know everything about training a player.

the NT coach doesn't need to know that much about training, he needs to know more about how to analyse opposing teams, how to find their weaknesses and how to exploit.

Rev

This Post:
118947.74 in reply to 118947.73
Date: 3/15/2010 1:06:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't know if the whole post was for me, but I'll answer.

1- About the topic title, I agree in every point about the need of trained guys in any place instead of untrained players in England. But this thread is only read by those who are interested in following the NT's, so I believe that the players we "advertise" (legally) here are followed only by those who really want to train them, so it's better for us to be them having that player instead of some other person, with who is more difficult to contact with. Another thing is the patriotism. If a trainer has 2 equally talented trainees, one of them being from his country, he will give a bigger emphasis to that player training, neglecting the foreign one.

2- Once again, our thoughts are the same. I understand the need of a staff team, because it really takes some weight off of the coach. I think that the optimal number for England would be 3, since there are a lot of leagues but not so many active teams (this is another thing in need of change).

also, the results of a U21 coach can't be based on merely 2 years. if the oach before you did a louzy job, then you'll have 20/21 year olds during your U21 coaching years who aren't worthy of the U21 team. on the other hand, if the previous U21 coach took good care of the 18 and 19 year olds, then you'll have nice 20/21 year olds during your 2 seasons as U21 head coach.

so a U21 team isn't just a one man show. it needs a team of people in order to be able to keep track of all the guy's worthy of being trained, cause new guy's to this game will need assistance in training their talents... it isn't uncommon that the U21 coach proposes a training schedule to a coach who is trainig a futur U21 candidate.

x2. I agree entirely on what you said, the problem is many people only look at the results. And despite not liking the results, they don't help the NT's at all. There are good young trainees that could be very useful to U21 NT, but that don't even play. Even when they know about the benefits of a trained player or the profit of a sold 18 year old player with good potential, they don't do anything.

I could say more about these subjects, but I'd rather save some of my thoughts for the next week ;)

This Post:
118947.75 in reply to 118947.73
Date: 3/15/2010 2:42:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
where does it say in this topic title "lets keep possible future NT players in good teams", that the players need to stay in England??

Last edited by Astragoth at 3/15/2010 2:42:50 PM

This Post:
118947.76 in reply to 118947.75
Date: 3/15/2010 4:11:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
my bad about that. i misinterpretated it.

Advertisement