BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Season 26 Feedback Topic

Season 26 Feedback Topic (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
252782.67 in reply to 252782.66
Date: 12/29/2013 6:12:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This all sounds a little overblown. Are there really so many teams with negative weakly incomes to begin with? I personally always tried to stay at least even, even after tanking seasons.

I can only say related to my own country. Highest division is very competitive. In the first financial update:
- one team over 1M salaries
- two teams over 940k salaries
- two teams about 890k salaries

I assume that most of those teams will make some kind of loss per week. Training exemption will probably save those teams from extra tax.

Then if I compare normal situation in II division, all teams who want to fight, will have to pay more than normal weekly incomes are. If team has tried to fight against relegation in Div I, it's obvious that salaries must be dropped some 200-300k.

I know there are big differences in every country - I assume that this new tax thing is made for all those rockets who try to buy B3 or cup champion with outrageous salaries, and normal good managers are balancing with their incomes.

This Post:
252782.68 in reply to 252782.67
Date: 12/29/2013 6:25:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Suddenly those homegrown 250k centers become more valuable than 140 TSP SFs. Strange world.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
252782.71 in reply to 252782.70
Date: 12/29/2013 9:10:43 PM
Red Devilsss
Bartar
Overall Posts Rated:
I love the new changes
Well done BBs

This Post:
252782.72 in reply to 252782.71
Date: 12/29/2013 11:49:34 PM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
It seems that there are many questions and with this post I will try to make a clarification of some things and to answer most of the questions you have written until now about the Overextension tax.
First of all, as you can see in the economy page (hover or click on Overextension Tax), there some columns and rows. Let's confirm what these are first.

Total Revenue: Is actually your overall income from Attendance, Merchandise and TV contract.
Total Expenses: Is what you are spending for players salaries, staff salaries and scouting.
Training Exemption: Is the difference between the current overall salaries and the combined overall salaries of all players when they were acquired (calculated at that point in time based on their skills, not their actual salary at that moment). In this category we only add the positive difference between player salaries when acquired and at this moment. More in detail about this below.
Overextension: Is actually Total Revenue - Total Expanses + Training Exemption.
Overextension Tax Rate: Is standard 50% of the Overextension and it will be applied only if the Overextension is negative.
Overextension Tax Total: Overextension * Tax Rate So this is what you will finally pay as tax.

This Post:
252782.73 in reply to 252782.72
Date: 12/29/2013 11:52:04 PM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
Some specific questions answered:
- Any drop in Vet's salary doesn't count in training exception. Of course when his salary will go down it will be also deducted from the Total expenses in the category of the player salaries. From the news post: "This applies only to the salary your players have when they are acquired" This is not applied in case a old player (veteran) actually decreases his salary. Remember, we only count the increases, not the decreases. More about that in the examples below.
- The weekly increase in Staff's salaries is added to the Total Expenses and you are not getting any exemption for this. The training exemption only counts players, not staff.
- If you trained a player from 5k to 80k, sold him, bought him back seasons later the difference in salary will not be added to your training exemption.
- If you trained a player from 5k to 80k, keep him till he's 34 when he drops a couple skills. His salary is now 60k. The training exception will always count the difference between his current salary and the salary he had when he has been acquired. That means that at the moment when his salary is 80k, the training exception is 75k and when his salary drops to 60k the training exception is 55k.
- It's disclosed that Overextension Tax is not applied on the first week of every season. What we mean by saying first week is not the offseason week, but the week after that. To make it simpler, you do not pay Overextension tax on the first Sunday/Monday economy update after the first new season's game. Only after 3 match days of the new season has everyone had at least one home game and that's why we don't apply it right away.
- Total Revenue, as we explained above, the Attendance is included. That means that we need at least one home game in order to get the Attendance income. Afterwards, we will always take into account the last Attendance income even if you had 2 away games that week.

Here's the question that's probably the most important:
"If I buy a player in the last week of the season, and his salary is 15 000 $, for example. But he has increased his skills with the training during the season, and his real salary is 45 000 $ when I buy him. Does the luxury tax take the real salary (45 000 $) or the salary in the file player (15 000 $)?"
The tax will take into account the calculated salary based on his current skills at the moment of the transfer, which is $45k or as you call it, his real salary. After the offseason and the salary update, his visible salary will rise up to $45k in the Total expenses, so the training exception will not be raised. If you then continued to train that player without selling him, and his salary is then raised to 100k on the next season update, you will get a training exemption of $55k ($100k - $45k).

I must admit Nikos prepared most of these; questions and answers both. I only added some clarification and corrections where they were due. Thanks Nikos for bringing it up to my attention and thank you everyone else for asking these questions calmly and patiently.

Last edited by BB-Marin at 12/29/2013 11:52:41 PM

This Post:
252782.74 in reply to 252782.73
Date: 12/30/2013 3:19:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you very much for clarifications. Now I lost my potential business case to train players for one season and sell them in the end so that others would get training exemption. And I think your solution is fair and good! Only own training counts into exemption!

This Post:
252782.75 in reply to 252782.73
Date: 12/30/2013 3:45:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
thanks for this clarification - which seems very well fashioned to me.

i just have two questions left:
does a draft pick get his first salary counted and is the Training given to him just put in the Training exception (which i would regard as Logical) or does the whole salary Count as a Training exception?

for example:

I draft a Player with 3k salary. He is trained so that his salary based on his skills is 4k.

a) do we get a Training exception for the 3k when the Player is drafted?
b) when he is trained, do we get 1k Training exception or 4 k?

regarding the maximal salary: does this only involve Players who can be bought or also trained Players?
for example:
if your Maximum salary is 100k and you Train a draftee to 102k will he be put on the Transfer list immediately?

thanks for clarification.

This Post:
252782.76 in reply to 252782.75
Date: 12/30/2013 4:25:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
To answer your second question:
(11898463) Marko Tieg has been bought by a team at rank 27199 (last season). His salary is 252k and he is still with the team. So I'm quite sure that this max-salary only applies in the moment you try to buy a player.

Last edited by LA-Karangula at 12/30/2013 4:29:24 AM

Advertisement