BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Injuries (and i am really pissed)

Injuries (and i am really pissed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
178443.68 in reply to 178443.66
Date: 4/7/2011 2:22:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
so you're meeting his whine with a whine of your own?
GJ!

This Post:
178443.69 in reply to 178443.66
Date: 4/8/2011 4:40:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
[quoteyou get to have a ridiculous salary structure because you are at the top level of a country with not very many people. Myself,

Not again with this guy,come on...

I want what all men want...I just want it more.
This Post:
178443.70 in reply to 178443.2
Date: 4/12/2011 5:27:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
we have injuries

This Post:
178443.71 in reply to 178443.67
Date: 4/16/2011 7:25:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah he gets to be in a smaller country so what?

You get to play in a country where the language fits you perfectly, you're in a vast, active community, where the NT scene and league scene is more competitive and fun.

Stop your whining and enjoy where you are, I would never want to be stuck in a country where they had few people, be glad you get to be in the best country that you could be in on BB.

This Post:
178443.72 in reply to 178443.71
Date: 4/17/2011 4:25:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
come on folks, let's keep this discussion on tracks.

nobody is benefitting from 'whining' and neither from calling others 'whiners' , so lpease keep the posts about the subject.

Higher level doctors will not prevent injuries. They make the chance of injury smaller, and if you get an injury, it is more likely to not last as long as with a lower level. It never gives asurances. Long term injuries can still happen, multiple injuries can still happen.

I even think that the opponent is the biggest factor in your injury chances. The more he fouls your players, the more you risk injuries. I'm not sure if there is a way you can make your opponent foul your players less...

If injuries have such a big impact on your team, then, in my opinion, you have a bad team.
95% of BB has bad teams.
I myself have a bad team at this point. But my goal no longer is winning and titles.
Back when my goal was titles and winning, I had 15 players on my team, and all where very close to each other in skill.
For each position I had 3 players, who where all capable of starting important games. Besides that, players for other positions, where capable of playing second and even third positions. So even if 3 players of the same position where out the same time, I still could field ea decent team.

It's all about building a balanced team, with enough players. It's not just good for injuries, it also helps with tactics.

I know many sacrifice players, to save salary, and then buy higher waged ones. or in other words, most prefer to have 11 or 12 players with a total wage which is the same as when they would have 15 players like I described.
As long as all goes well, and they are not surprized by their opponents tacticalwise, they are good, and win a lot.
I perfectly understand that choice, but it has a risk. 1 injury hurts, 2 kills. It's not right to take a risk, and when it turns bad claim it should not be possible.

We all know what the game is, and we all know injuries can happen. Good management means you make choices. Either you plan to be able to deal with injuries, or you don't. But any way you choose, you know what can happen, and have to deal with it. That's my idea...

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
178443.73 in reply to 178443.72
Date: 4/17/2011 9:01:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I disagree with one thing. The biggest factor is your own players. There are some players who are just really aggressive and seem to hurt themselves (and foul out of games) time after time. Coaches that have a couple of those players will think this game is silly and quit. It upsets players so should be fixed. It is a really big problem with the "aggression/physicality" stat being hidden which makes no sense anyway. You can see experience and potential and have no control over them, so why is that stat hidden? It is also less logical for it to be hidden than potential and experience. It is a lot easier to watch a player play and see how aggressive he is than what potential he has or how much he has learnt from his experiences.

This Post:
178443.74 in reply to 178443.73
Date: 4/18/2011 11:28:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
hm.

maybe it's coincidence, maybe it's as you say.
I, with my players, can't say the more aggressive ones get hurt quicker...

So far injuries only have appeared (as far as I have seen) after a foul, and only the fouled player gets the injury.
I've never seen the fouling player get injured, nor seen any injuries happen at other times.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
178443.75 in reply to 178443.74
Date: 4/18/2011 11:34:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I would agree with that but you don't know for sure who initiated the contact. Was it the aggressive offensive player who drove his body into the defender who caused the contact or was it the aggressive defender just cracking down on a player because he could?

This Post:
178443.76 in reply to 178443.75
Date: 4/19/2011 7:04:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe someone has asked this before, haven't read all the stuff, but I have a question.
Do injuries pass from one season to another? I had a feeling that yes, but now I see that two my players, who were injured in last season finals are marked as healthy and I can put them in the lineup. So is it because offseason process have not finished yet, or just all the players always are healthy at the beginning of the new season? :)
Thanks for your answers.

This Post:
178443.77 in reply to 178443.75
Date: 4/19/2011 1:00:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I would think the player who makes the aggressive move is handed the foul.
if the agressive offensive player drives his body, he gets the offensive foul. If the defender is cracking down, he gets a defensive foul...

to answer the question: yes they carry on. Maybe your injuries just finished with the start of the new season.

This Post:
178443.78 in reply to 178443.77
Date: 4/19/2011 3:30:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It seems, that it might be a change in the game this offseason, cause I am 100% sure these two players should be still injured for two weeks. Just cant be, that the player, who got an injury three days ago for two weeks is healthy and ready to play already.

Another possible explanation is that something went wrong during offseason break and it will be fixed soon. Still, waiting for news before reporting it as a bug :)

Advertisement