This Post:
313819.68 in reply to 313819.66
Date: 3/30/2022 4:36:18 PM
Venomous Vicious Vipers
Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Veni Vidi Vicious
I don't know if the best teams won today. But once my best player got injured in first qt, then yes I had quite no chance to win no matter exhaustion and it's ok to me. The win is well deserved by my opponent

My comment is not there to complain about this loss, cause I don't, but only to insist on the bad behaviours of the GE given the BBs don't react ! And yes I fear that my last competitive season will be ruined because of this.

When I told "random", it was about the bad and unexpected side effects of this implementation. I have nothing against the idea to limit short rosters and yes the BBs have informed us for seasons about an incoming change so that's fair to me. Even if, as many said, having an implementation in the middle of the season might not be the best idea. Maybe LP and scrimmages could have been a good sample to test this change and make slight corrections before it impacts competitive games.

This Post:
313819.69 in reply to 313819.68
Date: 3/30/2022 7:21:12 PM
Valencia Basket Club (Taronjas)
A1
Overall Posts Rated:
It is logical in some degree the frustration of slamdunk.

Drastic changes in the middle of the season and not properly explained isnt the way to begin with. For example you cant destroy training to atack short rosters! I started the season training 3 players (two 29years old and one 24) and around the all star one of the player played 42 minutes because of exhaustion. They changed it immediately.

What they should also change and i believe they will is examples like that. You shouldnt get punished if you have 2 or especially 3 substitutes in your game because your starters have 9 game shape and they dont rest during the game.

The intentions are good, but in this case was poorly executed.

This Post:
313819.73 in reply to 313819.70
Date: 3/31/2022 1:49:07 AM
Folgado Lakers
IV.32
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Folgado Lakers II

Here are some ideas that I like:
1. Allow exhausted players to still play 48 minutes at the reduced skill levels.
2. Reduce the training requirement to 45 minutes for all ages (I have been proposing this even before the exhaustion changes)
3. Use the same GE in all games. It’s odd to be able to play one strategy in a league game that doesn’t work the same in a playoff game.
4. Improve substitution patterns for high stamina players.

I'm still lobbying for these four goals.

Haven't had success with #1 and #2, so I will turn my focus to try to get #4 approved for next season.

Thanks, mate. Yes, for me #4 is the main point to boost long rosters. Keep going!

Last edited by Darkonako at 3/31/2022 1:49:47 AM

This Post:
313819.74 in reply to 313819.70
Date: 3/31/2022 4:45:03 AM
Venomous Vicious Vipers
Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Veni Vidi Vicious

Here are some ideas that I like:
1. Allow exhausted players to still play 48 minutes at the reduced skill levels.
2. Reduce the training requirement to 45 minutes for all ages (I have been proposing this even before the exhaustion changes)
3. Use the same GE in all games. It’s odd to be able to play one strategy in a league game that doesn’t work the same in a playoff game.
4. Improve substitution patterns for high stamina players.

I'm still lobbying for these four goals.

Haven't had success with #1 and #2, so I will turn my focus to try to get #4 approved for next season.

Okay, thanks Justin.
And about the end of this season, where there are still many competitive games for all of us, do you have any tip on how to deal with high stamina players vs exhaustion ?

This Post:
313819.75 in reply to 313819.74
Date: 3/31/2022 8:37:56 AM
Valencia Basket Club (Taronjas)
A1
Overall Posts Rated:
If exhausted players cant play the whole game and at the same time they need 48 minutes to get training you cant implement the same GE in all games as rightly BB-Justin said.

About the 4, if players with game shape 9 rest for one or one and a half minute every quarter and dont play 40 min in a row could be the solution.

This Post:
313819.78 in reply to 313819.77
Date: 3/31/2022 7:00:36 PM
Venomous Vicious Vipers
Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Veni Vidi Vicious
I've got ELEVEN players on my lineup but my starter PF still gets exhausted after playing 40 of the 42 first minutes of the game ? (119399167)

Then he only plays 30 sec of the last 6 minutes of a really tight game (+2 minutes of rest beacause of timeouts) ?

I repeat, it's really nice that you want to change things for next season. But until then, what am I supposed to do with 9-10 stamina starters ??
It makes no sense that they are never replaced, only to end up exhausted in the 4th qt and then totally unable to play when it matters the most.

Advertisement