BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Enthusiasm for a game - Why not make them visible?

Enthusiasm for a game - Why not make them visible?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
111331.7 in reply to 111331.6
Date: 9/15/2009 8:25:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't claim, I ask.
I just remember when I started playing BB that I saw a post one time in the forum with the skills of a player which was no longer out in the market, and one of the GM's deleted the message.
I don't remember seeing it in the rules.

Nevertheless, I'm not asking about player skills, I wish to open a debate about the legitimicy of publishing the enthusiasm for a specific match.
And in that matter, I think the best thing would be to either show it completely or hide it so no party would no how the other party had played.
About ethics, I wish it wasn't that way but there will always be the wise guy who couldn't care less for anything other than what's written in the rules...

yaniv

This Post:
111331.8 in reply to 111331.5
Date: 9/15/2009 9:34:00 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i would say yes ;)

The transfer ad thread etc. ain't deleted after use, they just get closed. they are discussions about NT players, or sometimes even of expensiv players in the forum based on the skills, and they don't get startet every time from the user.

This Post:
111331.9 in reply to 111331.7
Date: 9/15/2009 10:26:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
There's a problem:if in a strategical game we know all the movements of the adversaries,the importance of ability of the users will be reduced a lot,because it will be easy to make the right choices without taking any risk.Often,many teams coan play only with a specific kind of attack,at this point,you can show also the tactics...and there will be few possibilities for the wekaer teams to beat the stronger teams because it could be easy to check the last two or three game of the adversary to understand the level of entusiasm and playing with the right entusiassm(CT,Tie,normal)

This Post:
111331.10 in reply to 111331.7
Date: 9/15/2009 11:12:03 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You are neglecting the effort of manager who scout their opponents i.e. tactics, roster (some can even write down skills when there is a player on TL for later use),... and enthusiasm level. You are making the game simplier for no gain.

And in that matter, I think the best thing would be to either show it completely or hide it so no party would no how the other party had played.

It is hidden and you are still unsettled. You are searching for problem where isn't any.

This Post:
111331.11 in reply to 111331.10
Date: 9/15/2009 12:46:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

It is hidden and you are still unsettled. You are searching for problem where isn't any.

I actually don't have any problem with the current level of visibility of enthusiasm.
My problem is managers who abuse it since if they are one of the playing teams they know exactly who played how, and can publish it in the Forums/BB-Mail/anywhere...
That's why I think that if it remains the same a rule against publishing it (and player skills) should exist. at least in the forums and bb-mail...

This Post:
111331.12 in reply to 111331.11
Date: 9/15/2009 12:52:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This so minor problem...

This Post:
111331.13 in reply to 111331.6
Date: 9/21/2009 7:21:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
actually it is illegal to give other players stats to someone . Juice has asked many times and deleted messages from players linking to a player on the transfer market who is not yours or posting there skills. I am the only one who is allowed to post my players stats to the best of my knowledge and if i am wrong i would love for a GM to correct me. If i am wrong then there should be because what is the point of keeping skill as not being seen if everyone can pas them around anyway.

If i have a center who has 15 ID IS and REB and i don't want the whole league to know, then whoever does know about him and tells the league makes it unfair to me.

As for the debate. I agree with Yaniv. It is one thing to see team A put more in them team B. It is another thing to know team A played crunch. There are far to many players in this game the tell everybody what is going on and is just should not be. I should have to figure it out on my own.

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when youre sittin at the table. Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.
This Post:
111331.14 in reply to 111331.13
Date: 9/21/2009 10:13:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
actually it is illegal to give other players stats to someone . Juice has asked many times and deleted messages from players linking to a player on the transfer market who is not yours or posting there skills. I am the only one who is allowed to post my players stats to the best of my knowledge and if i am wrong i would love for a GM to correct me. If i am wrong then there should be because what is the point of keeping skill as not being seen if everyone can pas them around anyway.
This is a completely different issue, and it has to do with the rules of the Transfer Ad thread. Passing other players' skills around has nothing to do with it.

If i have a center who has 15 ID IS and REB and i don't want the whole league to know, then whoever does know about him and tells the league makes it unfair to me.
While you might not like it, this is not against BB rules.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
111331.15 in reply to 111331.14
Date: 9/21/2009 10:28:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
its not whether i like it or not. It is a question of fairness. If one person in my league see the player i buy and can post it in the forum then what is the point of not being able to see all players all the time.

You are a GM. so you tell me if it is legal for me to post a player that someone else has bought or not.

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when youre sittin at the table. Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.
This Post:
111331.16 in reply to 111331.15
Date: 9/21/2009 11:05:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
its not whether i like it or not. It is a question of fairness. If one person in my league see the player i buy and can post it in the forum then what is the point of not being able to see all players all the time.

You are a GM. so you tell me if it is legal for me to post a player that someone else has bought or not.

This is precisely what I am telling you. Once the player skills hit the public domain, everyone is free to disseminate them as he sees fit.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
111331.17 in reply to 111331.16
Date: 9/22/2009 9:57:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
that is very stupid then. If someone who was bought then has a new manager so if the new manager does not post his skills then it should not be allowed.

Advertisement