Suggestions > Player rankings: confusing when not enough data

Player rankings: confusing when not enough data

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
133014.7 in reply to 133014.6
Date: 3/1/2010 1:10:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Imho that is removing, because all lines actually means something, so i clarifeid why they mean something:

I'm not sure if you understand my suggestion correctly.

I don't want anything removed from stats, period. I want the player ranking (the Supporter feature) to be usable. This can be achieved by either adding information (how many "active spots" are there in the ranking for each stat) or by simply removing useless, misleading information. At the moment the ranking is not clear, because you need to decode it yourself whether a given ranking is an actual ranking or not.

I gave the example of 3-point shooting accuracy above. The ranking for player B is indeed useless information (while his stats obviously are useful information). The ranking suggests that he is 51st in 3-point %. He isn't. It would show 51st for him even if he had made every shot. The player has too few attempts to be considered in the 3-point % ranking. However, we don't know this off hand, we need to figure it out by comparing his stats and his ranking against the stats and rankings of other players. And we don't even see anywhere how many he needs to be considered. If we are lucky, we find the answer by looking at the other players. This situation as a whole is a problem.

The solution is to give the number of active players in the ranking -- or to remove the inactive players (the players who are below a threshold). It would also make sense to show the threshold value. In my opinion, the better solution is to remove the inactive players from the ranking. This is because there are many stats. If only the active lines show, you can quickly glance through all the players and see relevant information. If all the lines must show, there could also be a colour coding to see which lines are active rankings and which are inactive.

Last edited by GM-WallyOop at 3/1/2010 1:11:27 PM