Draft issues

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
14104.7 in reply to 14104.5
Date: 1/30/2008 9:16:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
And don't you see a problem with this?

What's the point of a draft if we're all going to just TL our players? We need a draft where we can at least grab one or two players to use as a base for our future.

Last season's draft was perfect - although 2 of the 3 players didn't pan out, the first pick is now my starting center. That was after I finished 5th, so my pick was the middle of the pack, and I still ended up with a very good player, who i was able to train up to a starter...

First picks in a draft should, in most cases, with scouting at least, be able to commence as decent bench players on par with what you have. Sure, there will be bust picks now and then in any league, but I've rarely heard of a draft in any league with a decent scouting program where every single pick turned out to be useless...

This Post:
14104.8 in reply to 14104.7
Date: 1/30/2008 12:25:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The first two drafts were productive for me, one player is still with me and was a stalwart on the USA NT, and another from the 2nd draft sold for a healthy profit after some training.

I'm satisfied with how my drafting has turned out, and I expect some seasons to have it be a little more miss than hit.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
14104.9 in reply to 14104.8
Date: 1/30/2008 12:33:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, I'll have to wait and see what turns out next year.

In the meantime, I'm holding on to one player and I will train him up a little. The other two (and one of my other players) are now on the TL. I just hope that I will be able to compete in the top division, and that I won't be auto-demoted...