Suggestions > cup

cup

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
159421.7 in reply to 159421.6
Date: 10/12/2010 2:00:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm not r 1, not for a while now, and not by far anymore. ;)

If I have to play the Nr 1, would it be fair? actually yes, would I like it? I don't think so. But that goes for any team who has to play the Nr1, so why would it be more fair for someone else?

get what I mean?

As in this game you can only get money by actually winning the cupgame, everyone likes to get a weaker opponent. So why would the system want to make a selection? If it's totally random, as it is now, it's the most fair way, as every team is treated the same way.

I'm not saying your proposed system is bad, it's good as well, but I'm just not sure I like it better then the one we have. What I do know is that half the BB community will not find it better. The bottom half, as their chances get very slim to get past the first round, where now, with some good drawing, they might get some rounds...

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
159421.8 in reply to 159421.4
Date: 10/12/2010 11:16:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Even though it is a different sport (football) the FA Cup is without doubt the best cup format of any sport.

Domestic cups and the BB3 (apart from the neutral grounds starting earlier than semi-finals) follow this format and its the same risk for everyone. With the right luck a lower division team can go on a fairytale run and seeding the draw would be boring in comparison.

Let me ask if your 2 biggest rivals had drawn each other this week and you were playing a bot, how would you feel?
(rhetorical question)

This Post:
159421.9 in reply to 159421.8
Date: 10/14/2010 3:21:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
after having a look at the cup-scedule for Belgium, I see where his suggestion comes from now.

he drew a BBBL team in the first round.

However, it's the BBBL team who drew the shortest straw, as she is playing an away game, I wouldn't be surprized if she looses.

So the semi finals are still within his reach. unless he draws Seattle Supersonics next. ;)

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
159421.10 in reply to 159421.9
Date: 10/14/2010 6:30:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i lost the game.
she scored 39 points in the last quarter and i only scored 20.
Loss for me and very fast out of the cup.
Anyways i sure aint good and lost.

Congratulations to popotams and good luck in the cup.

I really tought i could of win this one as i was standing 19 points in front of her, till the last quarter came :D

This Post:
159421.11 in reply to 159421.10
Date: 10/14/2010 6:36:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
oh and for the rhetorical question(yeah i know :D)
I wouldn't feel good, cause if i would get far in the cup and actually made it pretty far, then it wouldn't give a good feeling as you would get there by plain luck, not cause you have a better team.

And i think that at the end of the cup it should be more excited then in the beginning. When the bigger teams cancel each other out, you would get a 4th division guy reaching the semi-finals. Not very exciting if you ask me.

You should also get far in the cup cause you have a good team, not cause you have some plain ass luck.

This Post:
159421.12 in reply to 159421.11
Date: 10/15/2010 9:47:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
yeah, I understand your point, but I think you just look at it theoretically.

there is how many? 7 or so? rounds before a team reaches the quarter finals. Statistically spoken, chances are very small you will not meet a decent team on that road sooner or later, so a bad team will never reach that spot, but for 1 time in soooooooo many times...
Bad teams get eliminated as well, even if all good ones have to play each other early.
Good teams somethimes get eliminated because their bad opponent decided to crunch and was playing at home,... so somethimes it's better to play a good team that doesn't want to crunch to not throw away it's enthousiasm, then to get a lesser team that crucnhes you out of the cup,... it's not just the luck of the draw you need, to be able to reach far, you need luck, a good team is not enough, plain and simple.

you thought you had a chance? well, you had. I think popo got lucky to win the game, or she used very good tactics (did realy look at your game) but if both play the best options, I think you would be the winner in 60 or even 70% of the games... HCA is pety strong, and it takes some good tactics and/or a clearly better team, to overcome the advantage the hometeam has.

This Post:
159421.13 in reply to 159421.12
Date: 10/16/2010 9:37:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
k thanks for all the intel and time you put in me to explain why random can also be good.
It was just a little shock for me, being eliminated in first round(for the first time)
cause of some bad luck.
I actually wanted to get a little bit more far than previous season.

Anyways I just have one more question: What is HCA?
Cause I sure don't know every abbreviation in this game and don't know everything and always want to learn :)

Thx and good luck in the cup.

This Post:
159421.14 in reply to 159421.13
Date: 10/16/2010 9:08:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
What is HCA?

yeah, sorry, my mistake, it's Home Court Advantage