what do you want in a PG?
And at SF I think that guy also beats yours
Salaries don't mean a damn thing in anything
other than would they SHOULD do...not what they've done overall

This Post:
196334.8 in reply to 196334.7
Date: 9/13/2011 10:16:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In defense of dabulls, the other pg is playing on a team that often plays a fast offense and even runs Full court defense for an even faster pace. Sure the other player is averaging more assists and steals, but if you take out the rapid pace the difference wouldn't be as great. In fact, if dabulls played at the same pace, then assists,TO and FT% would be the only stats that Amidani would have an advantage in. From experience Jarvis plays better defense and is clearly a better scoring option. Passing isn't the only thing a pg has to do, often they are needed to make clutch shots, carry a team and shut down an opposing player. In all of those cases Jarvis is better. Even his better rebounding can make a difference (rebounding for a pg is a rare commodity).

Jarvis is part of an offense where he is not only the best scoring option, but often times- the primary one in the patient offense which has been run. He fits into an offense where he scores more and passes less for the better of the team. In addition to that, he has the ball in his hands much more often and has more TO as a result (I admit better passing/handling could help this). While his lower passing is definitely a knock, it is not the only factor to define a G or PG for that matter. On top of that, Dabulls have done better as a team up to this point which should tip the scales in his favor. In fact, that should be one of the biggest factors in allstar and MVP voting.

This Post:
196334.9 in reply to 196334.8
Date: 9/13/2011 10:41:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have 3 players on the all star and the one that's probably the best, Juan de Dios Varallo, didn't make it for only 2000 votes.

As any all star, there´s a debate and someone who isn't happy, but I don't care that much.

Besides, if rotate your players or switch the position, you'll hurt the hances for the all star but you'll be in better position for the PO. And that's important.

Bottom line: I don't care about improving the all star, it's oky the way it is and if you have any suggestion, the BBs will consider it.

This Post:
196334.10 in reply to 196334.8
Date: 9/13/2011 11:30:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Defense bonus and bonus for boring setplay? Is this really was allstar voting are about?

I didnt see ben wallace in the asd, i did see players like blake griffin domniate the vote while players like nowitzky are lucky that there is a coach choiche. I even see yao ming lected without even playing, and many houston players get vote because they play in a popular team (in china)

Thats asd guys with impressive stats and highlight reels get voted not necessary the best players.

This Post:
196334.11 in reply to 196334.10
Date: 9/13/2011 11:45:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Definitely, all star doesn't mean best players (vince carter, hey, we are talking about you) but the fans most like to see.-

This Post:
196334.12 in reply to 196334.10
Date: 9/13/2011 1:53:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
But in that case, wouldn't the higher scoring player have an advantage in voting? The more important issue is that often times in this game, the MVP award follows in the footsteps of the allstar game. Last season Jarvis was snubbed for Amidani and guess who won MVP? The problem here is that the MVP vote seems to follow the trend of the allstar vote in the BB world, which puts additional weight in the matter.

Wouldn't it also make more sense that the player with all the crazy dunks and insane shots would be the one getting the allstar vote and not the team distributor? If it really is about all the highlights than the bigger scoring, better shooting player would get all the votes which is still not the case. This leaves the allstar situation in a state of purgatory as it does somehow hold weight in mvp vote (as the trend of allstars becoming mvps indicates), but at the same time, being true to the spirit of the allstar game would involve grabbing the better scoring, more reckless players, rather than all around players regard stats and performance.

Also, I didn't necessarily mention any bonus for 'boring set play' since most teams generally work best with only a few different offenses, I feel that the stats can be misleading without the play as a consideration. This was in regard to the comments that suggested that Jarvis was not as good as the Gs and SFs in his conference and not that the play should be a criteria for allstar selection. Though I do feel that for MVP and allstar consideration adjusted (per 100 possession) stats should be employed for voting as picking the player with more stats per possession would ensure that the allstar game would have better highlight reel scoring and that the mvp would not be lost due to buffed up stat stuffing due to the faster play of some teams.

This Post:
196334.13 in reply to 196334.12
Date: 9/13/2011 3:46:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
at least for me, normally the Passing PG makes more highlight then the shooting PG - because jumpshot ain't normally highlight material and guards mostly score like that.

The PG i like to watch most is Jasekevicius(even when i probadly write his name wrong), who nearly every game makes one or two incredible passes, ok he also have a very nice Jumpshot but besides his scoring madness against the US team i don't remember them.

And i believe we already had MVP who didn't participate in ASD, personally the voting isn't really similiar. Even when there are MVP voters who value stats higher then others, i believe there was a election with grubbs from BB Charles who showed this disparity a lot.

Edit: this one:http://www.buzzerbeater.com/league/1/overview.aspx?season...

also check out this comment: (189413.1)

Last edited by CrazyEye at 9/13/2011 3:48:42 PM

This Post:
196334.14 in reply to 196334.7
Date: 9/13/2011 5:12:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
that SF never beats me. my SF has 13 OD, 10 ID, 10 IS, and many more skills including JS at 12 and JR at 10. he has the stats that he has with only 5 GS the whole season (thats going to imporve during the second half of the season for sure.) and thats pretty dam good for his GS.

This Post:
196334.15 in reply to 196334.11
Date: 9/13/2011 5:40:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well who doesnt want to see more scoring. So rajon rondo is a much better passing PG. but to no ones surprise, Drose is more popular. This is because he gets more points. also, one thing that they could have done is have Carlson play sg or even SF. Those are actually his better positions. The only reason why I play him at PG so much is because of training.

This Post:
196334.16 in reply to 196334.14
Date: 9/13/2011 5:41:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I guess I cant complain about the voting I have 4 out of 5 starters and the back-up PF. I dont think that is fair for the other teams either though.

This Post:
196334.17 in reply to 196334.16
Date: 9/13/2011 6:06:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I got 6 players in the ASG 3 starters, 3 reserves. The Big 8 in my league is depleted and my 2k SF got in! he has 1OD and decent secondary(5,7). My true SF is getting training.The ASG does cause upset but players should not get bend out of shape because The ASG has No Benefits or Advantages!

Advertisement