Help - English > 1v1 guards/forwards

1v1 guards/forwards

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
206989.7 in reply to 206989.6
Date: 1/22/2012 1:25:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't want to train inside skills that much. If they were good (like say he started with respectable IS) then I'd have taken time this season to train that up to 10 or 11, so he'd be a unique weapon. But now let's say I took half a season to train up his IS to 8 or so. There are some guards who already have that without ever training IS, so that wouldn't make him unique. It's not worth the training loss since his skills are so low that they'll never be truly exceptional, even for a guard. Would it help? Sure. Would it help enough to be worth the loss of all the outside skill pops that he'd need anyway? Probably not. Anyway I'm really hoping to promote this season, so I don't feel that I can play him at C in D.IV.

I understand your point about doing OD before 1v1, but let me explain myself. There are three human managers in my league. I could have easily swept this league, but I scouted two 5/5 A or A+ grade 18yo guards with 6'2" and 6'3" height. Both these managers do decent scouting to judge by their scouting history. I really wanted to draft one of these prospects. So I tanked to get a higher draft pick than these managers, either forfeiting or playing only three weaker players in my league games to deliberately lose. In those weeks and this week, I don't have enough minutes to give everyone single-position training, so I did JS instead or 1v1 which is what I'm hoping to do this week. Otherwise yes, I've been giving him single-position either pressure or passing training, with an emphasis on pressure.

Thank you for posting those speed analysis threads. It seems 1v1 forwards trains handling and driving both faster, as well as giving that little IS. 1v1 guards does train JS faster, but that doesn't make it worth it. 1v1 forwards it is then, then back to pressure.