BB Global (English) > Look Inside deathnail for Buzzerbeater

Look Inside deathnail for Buzzerbeater

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
213448.7 in reply to 213448.6
Date: 3/28/2012 7:24:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Didn't they say the same thing about PtB and R&G before they changed the GE?

that was quite a long time after they change the GE.

This Post:
213448.9 in reply to 213448.8
Date: 3/28/2012 7:55:03 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
outside was the favorite, tactic before since the 2-3 discussion at that point was the 3-2 discussion since with the old ge the rebounding boost was stronger or more important. And it was easier to get the wins as the better team that way, so at least the majority of top clubs was playing mainly outside.

then with the new GE at least 2-3 season the discussion, was li was dead and onplayable and then it shifted quite was to the opposite ;)

Message deleted
This Post:
213448.12 in reply to 213448.6
Date: 3/28/2012 12:15:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
My point is that deathnail is not only fatalistic, but hyperbolic. People have gone on and on about this LI thing, and at the highest levels I feel it is a valid point given the current players in the game. I also believe that, given time, a change in the current training best practices paradigm, and inclination, someone could put together a team that would defeat an LI team.

My real point, however, is that since the vast majority of teams play in d.iii and lower, I think that there are a great variety of tactics that can and do succeed. That's where I believe you to be misinformed. You consider only the competitions for the top teams to be important or "major", when actually the opposite is the truth. The d.iii and d.iv leagues are equally important and "major" for the people involved in them, and there are far more of those. It is fairly selfish of you to consider only the top level leagues and the last rounds of the Cup as the only "major" competitions. Even a cursory glance through the finals of last season's d.iv leagues in the USA, Italy, Poland, or France shows that a number of tactics were used and successful.

If people get to the highest levels, discover they cannot find ways to either compete or keep themselves entertained, they leave. Sad, but understandable. I myself enjoy the game because it is a daily diversion for me, so I won't be leaving anytime soon, even though I have been playing in a non-competitive tiny country since season 3. Actually, the user numbers in Thailand have increased slightly lately, and the caliber of teams in d.1 has gotten more competitive, so the entertainment value has actually increased the last two or three seasons.

And finally, the number of users right now is 49746. Two years ago, the number was roughly 50000. Four years ago, it was about 40000. I just don't see huge movement away from the game over any significant historical time frame.

Is there room for growth? Questionable, Since the number of users has been roughly static over the last four years.
Are there areas for improvement? Obviously. Especially in new features, as Yellow Cake endlessly reminds us.

Is LI a deathnail? I don't think so.
That is my point.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.

This Post:
213448.13 in reply to 213448.11
Date: 3/28/2012 12:18:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i don't think that it is such a deathnail, motion is not so much weaker ;) And the first reaction on the new engine, which hold those two season was you can not play inside anymore then we adjust the roster and say the opposite. I was enver so freaky about the superiority, since mostly i could play both tactics maybe not at the same level but not so far away from each other.

This Post:
213448.15 in reply to 213448.1
Date: 3/28/2012 10:09:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
What is the LI advantage?

This Post:
213448.17 in reply to 213448.14
Date: 3/29/2012 2:26:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I've seen some motion teams go up early with good shooting and go cold in the 3rd.

Engine seems to be bugged when it comes to third quarter. Often enough you will see timeouts after five seconds, which makes no sense at all.

Same for the hot/cold streak - happens onely in 3rd quarter. I dont think it has anything to do with tactics or stamina, but I will watch closely whenever I see it happen in the future.

Advertisement