Suggestions > Timing of timeouts

Timing of timeouts

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
222217.7 in reply to 222217.6
Date: 7/20/2012 9:48:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
maybe it is difficult to BB, because I think BB is not real live. I think all matches are completed before starting and live viewer just run the result. The evidence you may find in cup competition, you can get $50,000 in advance or nothing before your cup game. Sometimes, you may find statistics on player updated before you match finished.

This Post:
222217.9 in reply to 222217.8
Date: 7/23/2012 3:26:32 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
He's not asking for live time out calling. He's just asking for the timeout system to be reprogrammed. Charles once said that the GE designed it to keep time outs for the very last minute. I say they should give us two options: Clear out the time outs, or save til the last. Those who want to save their timeouts for crucial moments in the dying minutes can pick the second option, those who do not want their coach to call timeouts like an amateur can choose the first.

Exactly!

I mean. 6 timeouts left to the other teams 0 with the lead.

Why must my team wait until they are down 12 points with 53 seconds left... when they entered the 4th, up 10. to call ANY timeout?

If it was a real coach, once they got within 2, timeout. If the lead changed/tied timeout. If the other team went on a 8-0, or 10-0 run, timeout.

6 timeouts... 0 teams out of 100, maybe a few out of 1000, would lose if they had 6 timeouts and the opponents had 0 timeouts. Would lose a game in which they had that 10 point lead, and especially lose by double digits.

This Post:
222217.12 in reply to 222217.10
Date: 7/23/2012 6:15:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I totally agree that time outs are rather stupidly managed in this game. But i think it's not always like that. Sometimes it works as it should. But at the end of games there sure could be used more if your behind. And those that come after a few seconds in the 1st or 2nd quarter are just silly.

i really hope that they make it with the shot clock, the less time you have to use your timeout the higher the chanche is that they get used.

Also i hope that they implement the official rules, so that in a close games there aren't 12 timeout during the final minute of the game.(i am never sure with it, but i believe you should use three in the first half)