Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
229864.7 in reply to 229864.1
Date: 11/26/2012 9:20:52 AM
Maddogs-Hellas
IV.5
Overall Posts Rated:
I started the game two months ago( mid 21 season). Never had previous experience in this or similar basketball management games.

The first thing that struck me was the abscence of a "team chemistry" variable, aw well as the non existence of a, lets say, "tactic's familiarization" . Two aspects of the game, that in real life, are probably the most important ones for a team, regardless its finances and roster ability.

Based on that, as soon as i started playing, without (obviously)having read much in the forums, i built my entire roster with 19-21 year old players( except a local 24y granpa), potentials from 5-10. I selected a tactic that an offensive tactic that i would use, at least 90% of the games, with a secondary as a back up. The same with defensive tactics.
Thought that in 2-3 seasons time, the youthful roster playing together(with no more additions) all the time, in addition to playing a specific tactic all the time would give me an edge for promotion, with a team that would easily stand in ΙV and not be in danger of delegation.
I was soooo wrong! Now i have to adjust my plan.

Coming back to the thread's point, i believe that both "team chamistry" and "tactic's familiarization" could be installed, at least, as hidden TEAM SKILLS.
They could also be visible ones, like our players skills and have a place(and importance) at the team ratings, in the boxscore and of course the outcome of a game.