Suggestions > Improvement in trainig

Improvement in trainig

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
288592.7 in reply to 288592.6
Date: 7/25/2017 5:52:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
What about to get some % on FT when you train IS and JS? Would like to hear your opinion.
Cheers!

I think it should be required that you set a percentage of training aside for stamina, a percentage for free throws, a percentage for game shape, and the rest goes into the TSP skills. I think the minimum should be 10, and that the skill training would be sped up so that it's maybe twice as fast so that you'd get the same results as today if you allocated 50% to TSP and 50 combined to FT/ST/GS. That of course means that teams that are able to get by (either because they're tanking or in a crap league) with the bare minimum in the other skills can train players about 40% faster than before, but the days of everyone who can even remotely manage minutes always having very good game shape will end.

Of course, since Hattrick went to that model with their stamina training ages and ages ago, I can't really claim it's an original idea by any stretch. But on the rare occasion they do something wise, I suppose it can't hurt to borrow the idea. ;)

[edit: Oh, and as far as the question specifically asked, rather than my alternative... I dunno. I think FT training is different enough from jump shots, outside shots and inside shots that while making it a secondary of those solves a game mechanic issue, it doesn't seem the ideal method. If, as we all agree, FT shooting should never, ever be 0% on a player in the game who is paid to play the game and goes to the line more than about 10 times, it should be something that every player has happen, not just those who happen to train any chosen skill in a training position some week. But that's my opinion, which is no louder because of the glaring capital letters before my user name or from the tasteful avatar of a dog who is a whole heck of a lot older now than when the picture was taken.]

Last edited by GM-hrudey at 7/25/2017 5:56:30 PM

This Post:
288592.8 in reply to 288592.6
Date: 7/26/2017 10:23:45 AM
Magical Drunks
IV.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Boston Paradise
I think that 40+ min could be a good idea. I also think the FT should be trained with other trains or the experience, something that doesn't make you train FT to a player unless you want a really good free throw shooter.

This Post:
288592.9 in reply to 288592.8
Date: 7/27/2017 11:27:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Increasing the number of staff trainers would be a great thing. As it stands you have to pay at least a half million dollars just to get a decent superior training staff. One went for 750k for a 27k salary tier 5 no specialty, that is ridiculous. They shouldn't be free, but they also shouldn't be completely unattainable for fairly new teams. Tough to keep new players interested when they cant afford decent players or decent trainers to make decent players.

This Post:
288592.11 in reply to 288592.10
Date: 7/28/2017 12:43:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I guess it just depends on the term 'new managers'. There are people in my series that have been playing for 15 or more seasons, no chance in hell they can ever afford a lvl 5 trainer. It's not like level 5 is the best either. I have played before and have a decent knowledge of training and have been successful with a lvl 4. As long as this logic of maintaining an ever widening gap between vets and new players exists, you cannot be too surprised that new players don't stick around very long. Again, not saying lvl 5 trainers should be free, but 750k for a pretty mediocre tier 5 trainer is excessive. Futility is not an attractive element to new players, the question is: how bad do you want new players to stick around? How much growth has the game sustained over the past few years?

This Post:
288592.12 in reply to 288592.11
Date: 7/28/2017 4:59:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
New players could get the chance to hire internally at a reduced price

This Post:
288592.13 in reply to 288592.12
Date: 7/28/2017 10:58:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Reasonable. I think the GM makes a good point that brand new players aren't really ready for a higher tier trainer, and I was able to get a decent tier 4 for a reasonable price early. However, it just seems like a completely overblown market just to hire staff. While getting a higher tier staff member should be an investment, my complaint is that it is ridiculous at the prices it takes, not for the best trainer with a great salary, but for a good trainer with a medium salary. To use a metaphor, a kid new to driving shouldn't be able to afford a Ferrari, it's too much car for him. However, if he wants to own a Mercedes he should have to save his money to afford a nice one at the market price, but the dealer is trying to tell the kid that Mercedes costs a half mil with no extras and that he should stick to his ford Pinto.

Adding just a few more staff to the market could move the needle a small amount without disrupting the balance completely, and newer players would have another avenue of improvement if that is the way they want to go. Lets face it, one of the most exciting moments in the BB week is checking for training pops, and here in the lower divisions where noobs come and go at an alarming rate could certainly use a little more excitement to convince them not to abandon their team.

This Post:
288592.14 in reply to 288592.4
Date: 7/28/2017 10:13:48 PM
Delaware 87ers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I think the best training idea is that the players don't need to be played to receive thei training.Usually is every sport the training is receive before the games not just during the games.Also...

1) This is the case in almost every management simulation game out there. Players get training points regardless of whether they play in actual games or not. The reasoning behind why the creators of Buzzerbeater's chose to create a training system that doesn't do that has never been adequately explained. Making this simple change will fix a huge number of problems with inflation within a few seasons. It will also allow new teams to be competitive sooner, if the focus on training.

2) Also, most simulation games have some sort of set prices for coaches. Buzzerbeater already has this via the hiring internal system. Why not simply eliminate the Staff Market System and let each team hire whatever level doctor, trainer or pr-manager based on that predetermined price range (like the trainer salary ranges below). Names could be auto-generated the same way draftee names are generated.

Basic - $5000
Competent - $10000
Advanced - $15000
Superior - $25000
Exceptional - $35000
World-renowed - $45000

Advertisement