Help - English > [Advice Needed] Style of Play

[Advice Needed] Style of Play

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
291796.7 in reply to 291796.6
Date: 1/11/2018 9:45:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Busch's case is very interesting not so much because of his "aggressive" trait, but because, I really didn't spend to much time pondering on the possibility of seeing my center go out and try to contest outside shots, but then again, defensive breakdowns happen all the time in basketball, leading to unfavorable matchups that may result in something similar to what you experienced with Busch, especially when playing a zone. Even though the "aggressive" trait played such a huge role on defense when Busch would attempt to contest the opposing PG, how much of a role do you personal feel your OD rating on Busch played into Busch's untimely mishap during the game? Would you say his OD was a liability, in general, relative to his position?

I think partial blame could be placed on his SB more; I went back and checked the training log and this was game was right about the time I had just finished all the other training on the three stretch big men and was going back and adding shotblocking. He had 10 OD, which of course is not exceptional but he only had about a 5 in SB at the time, so he was good enough defensively to get out and make it a contested shot (the OD) but between the aggressiveness and the low SB, he'd probably block a lot of foreheads, not so many basketballs.

This Post:
291796.8 in reply to 291796.7
Date: 1/11/2018 2:42:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think partial blame could be placed on his SB more; I went back and checked the training log and this was game was right about the time I had just finished all the other training on the three stretch big men and was going back and adding shotblocking. He had 10 OD, which of course is not exceptional but he only had about a 5 in SB at the time, so he was good enough defensively to get out and make it a contested shot (the OD) but between the aggressiveness and the low SB, he'd probably block a lot of foreheads, not so many basketballs.

Ahh that a sensible explanation. Thank you.

This Post:
291796.10 in reply to 291796.9
Date: 1/17/2018 9:24:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for the additional info Falke!