Suggestions > Remove players from Hall of Fame

Remove players from Hall of Fame

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
292464.7 in reply to 292464.6
Date: 2/12/2018 11:23:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I know this is a game. Which is why i was responding to bobbanana's faulty logic where he said.

"Eh. Any hall of fame in real life never gets rid of players. I don’t see a point in immortalizing someone, then saying a year later never mind"

I was arguing on the logic that he was using, and if you had read that post you would understood what I was saying.

I understand all those players had great careers, but putting them in would be like putting Bradley Beal in the Hall of Fame as his career stands right now.

The fact of the matter is that yes, we are playing a game. No human's feelings will be hurt if someone gets taken out of a team HOF for someone else. It's easy enough to put them in the HOF, so if someone accidentally puts someone in there. They should be able to take them out.

Lastly, How exactly did any of these players change the game? All of them, yes players I would have loved to have on my team, but sport altering? C'mon man

Last edited by JJ Leu at 2/12/2018 11:25:15 PM

This Post:
292464.8 in reply to 292464.7
Date: 2/13/2018 8:10:44 AM
Florida Champs
IV.33
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Great Lakes Spartans
Correct, nobody’s feelings would get hurt, but why put someone in the hall of fame if you’re just going to take them out later? There’s a lot more important things that the game can use than a remove a hall of famer because a few years later he doesn’t reach your standards for HOF. I haven’t put a player in the HOF in a while so I don’t remember, but to avoid accidental players I thought there was a confirmation that you’re sure you want (player name) to be immortalized.

You also said in real life there’s no limit on the hall of fame. This is true, there’s no limit, but only a few players get inducted each year. I think the 1 player for every 2 seasons managed isn’t really a limit, just a way to make the immortalization mean more like an actual hall of fame where players aren’t added very often. Sticking to the main point here though, the only reason I think someone should be removed from the hall of fame is if it truly was an accident and you need a redo. But if the game makes you confirm it, then you probably shouldn’t need a remove player option and you should just double check who you’re adding.

This Post:
292464.10 in reply to 292464.8
Date: 2/13/2018 7:27:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I understand where you're coming from. There are better things that could be improved, but you're talking about a game that put a calendar at the bottom of the Manage My Team page and called it a major update. If there was something more important I would definitely say focus on that first, but almost all of the updates lately have been circumstantial, not really affecting most users.

Back to the point of real life. Most all of the players belong there yes, but if there was a limited amount of spots in the HOF I would definitely take out Scottie Pippen so someone like Tim Duncan could make it whenever he's eligible.

To: aber
This Post:
292464.11 in reply to 292464.9
Date: 2/13/2018 7:36:59 PM
Florida Champs
IV.33
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Great Lakes Spartans
No problem at all. Just throwing my two cents out. It’s good that there’s users suggesting anything in the first place. Just speaking my opinion

And to JJ, I understand. Like i said above, just saying my opinion, but there’s no such thing as a truly bad suggestion. Just figured I’d explain myself, & good point w/ the Pippen and Duncan example with limited spots

This Post:
292464.12 in reply to 292464.10
Date: 2/14/2018 1:49:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I understand where you're coming from. There are better things that could be improved, but you're talking about a game that put a calendar at the bottom of the Manage My Team page and called it a major update

To be fair, BB-Marin himself said that it should have been minor:
(292402.37)
@people that think this is not a major feature: I actually agree with you - this should have been a minor update. We're having some trouble with the new dev team and things are not being done as planned. I am grateful that most users take the feature for what it is and don't bother with labels.

This Post:
292464.13 in reply to 292464.12
Date: 2/14/2018 2:14:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I remember you.