Suggestions > Calculate Game at Start Time

Calculate Game at Start Time

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
34640.7 in reply to 34640.6
Date: 6/5/2008 3:19:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
But ok, this time it's just my own dumb fault of course, although I would rather wait 15 minutes before I can see the game than wasting 2 weeks of play due form drops etc.

how many people did you think would be rescued by this 15 minutes? I think the amount of players is pretty low, who recognize that just before the game starts.

You got a deadline and know when you should make your lineup, and at this situation there won't be changes - and when you like the waiting box there will be some player who like to change their rooster since the report is not startet

PS: how you would handle the latrer begin(you don't see what happens, because it happens pretty much in comparision to ht), don't show the beginning at the match or let the games end late(which don't make "fix" ending times, which could be bad for guys who wnat to look the game and maybe change training after that or there formation)

This Post:
34640.8 in reply to 34640.7
Date: 6/7/2008 2:43:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I must agree with the others here Patje. You might have been rescued this time by what you propose, but what if this was changed the way you like, and you come home exactly 15 minutes later next time...

I didn't know in hattrick you could still set your standard line-up after the deadline passed, but I see how, you click your next game and set your standard line-up.
Now my question, would it happen this week in hattrick, how would you set your standard line-up? there is no next game sceduled... so you would be in the same situation, no?

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
34640.9 in reply to 34640.8
Date: 6/7/2008 2:54:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
sure, but that's 1 game in a season, so it doesn't rly change my point.

When the game starts at 19:00 you should be able to change orders untill 19:00 imo. It's the same in 'real life' where coaches can make adjustments whenever they want.

I do understand why it's 15 minutes before the game here and I find it logic as well, but I like the system in Hattrick even more

This Post:
34640.10 in reply to 34640.9
Date: 6/9/2008 4:03:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
When the game starts at 19:00 you should be able to change orders untill 19:00 imo. It's the same in 'real life' where coaches can make adjustments whenever they want.

correct, however you are not the coach, but the manager, if you call your coach 1 minute before the game to tell him some other players need to start he will be so confused and stressed he will probably won't know what he had to do a minute later, and screw up entirely. ;)

I do understand why it's 15 minutes before the game here and I find it logic as well, but I like the system in Hattrick even more

don't forget the hattrick system works the same... they never intended you to use the fact they calcualte their game a little later for the purpose of being able to still set a line up after the deadline passed.
To be completely honest here, I would dislike that we have to wait for a reporter to get to the arena before we can see the action, which is quite annoying in hattrick. So I like it just the way it is.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
34640.11 in reply to 34640.10
Date: 6/9/2008 6:18:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
don't forget the hattrick system works the same... they never intended you to use the fact they calcualte their game a little later for the purpose of being able to still set a line up after the deadline passed.

How can you state something like that?

I think that if they wouldn't want it that way, they would've already changed it. It's great fun, especially at NT games, where NT managers are switching coaches untill 20:00 from defensive to neutral to offensive. The other manager tries to anticipate depening on their orders.

But ok that's quite offtopic I guess