BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Does potential effect salary?

Does potential effect salary?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
37656.7 in reply to 37656.5
Date: 7/2/2008 3:38:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I guess the other issue is that Player A is categorized as a PG while Player B is a PF. Maybe salary is also based on position and not just skills?

I think this can be it. Also, there is this thing with multi-skilled players having a lower salary, not sure if it applies here or even if it's true. But anyway, if potential really affected salary it should be easily noticeable on the transfer market, yet it's hard to see any difference in a MVP's and bench warmer’s salaries.

This Post:
37656.8 in reply to 37656.7
Date: 7/2/2008 5:14:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I guess the other issue is that Player A is categorized as a PG while Player B is a PF. Maybe salary is also based on position and not just skills?

I think this can be it. Also, there is this thing with multi-skilled players having a lower salary, not sure if it applies here or even if it's true. But anyway, if potential really affected salary it should be easily noticeable on the transfer market, yet it's hard to see any difference in a MVP's and bench warmer’s salaries.

Does this mean we could see salary decreases??!! If you have an amazing monoskilled player that you gradually make more rounded will this lower his overall wage?

This Post:
37656.9 in reply to 37656.8
Date: 7/2/2008 5:26:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
no i think he mean it that way, if you train a player monoskills he got more proficient skills, but he could have a lower wage then a player who got one sensationell skill.

Weekly salary: $ 13 610
DMI: 58300
Height: 6'2" / 188 cm
Potential: allstar *
Game Shape: strong

Jump Shot: proficient Jump Range: strong
Outside Def.: proficient Handling: proficient
Driving: proficient Passing: proficient
Inside Shot: awful Inside Def.: pitiful ↑
Rebounding: mediocre Shot Blocking: awful
Stamina: mediocre Free Throw: strong

This is one of mine players i believe he is cheap ;)

But there is also an different whch skill he got high, i know a player who good in handling and driving enourmous skills(16 and 17!), but he just earned around 15k. If you have such skills in jumpshot our rebounding his salarie would be incredible.

This Post:
37656.10 in reply to 37656.8
Date: 7/2/2008 1:39:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Does this mean we could see salary decreases??!! If you have an amazing monoskilled player that you gradually make more rounded will this lower his overall wage?

No, I think what would happen is that his salary wouldn't increase by much as he became more well-rounded.

Steve

This Post:
37656.11 in reply to 37656.9
Date: 7/2/2008 1:41:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
no i think he mean it that way, if you train a player monoskills he got more proficient skills, but he could have a lower wage then a player who got one sensationell skill.

Weekly salary: $ 13 610
DMI: 58300
Height: 6'2" / 188 cm
Potential: allstar *
Game Shape: strong

Jump Shot: proficient Jump Range: strong
Outside Def.: proficient Handling: proficient
Driving: proficient Passing: proficient
Inside Shot: awful Inside Def.: pitiful ↑
Rebounding: mediocre Shot Blocking: awful
Stamina: mediocre Free Throw: strong

This is one of mine players i believe he is cheap ;)

But there is also an different whch skill he got high, i know a player who good in handling and driving enourmous skills(16 and 17!), but he just earned around 15k. If you have such skills in jumpshot our rebounding his salarie would be incredible.

So it sounds like not all skills contribute to salary equally. Handling and driving are "less" expensive skills than "JS" or "rebounding". I wonder if that makes them less important in the game engine as well.

Steve
Bruins

This Post:
37656.12 in reply to 37656.11
Date: 7/2/2008 1:49:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i would even say that salarie raises different, if you look at new draft with high salary they normally got high rebounding jumpshot ain't so special so that big men more often got higher salaries.
Later in game i could imagine that Inside Defence is more important fpor the salary of the big men then Rebounding for example.

But i think jumshot becomes more important if you compare higher skills with others, but i most be honestly in this categorie i don't watch at so many players ;) But i see some more high skilled shooters then others player as a nt scout but this could happen because jump shot is a popular training.

Handling and Driving i think ain't that much important then the other skills, because they got trained pretty fast but i don't see that the one and one Trainers dominates the game :)

This Post:
37656.13 in reply to 37656.5
Date: 7/6/2008 1:48:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe salary is also based on position and not just skills?

Most definitely.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."