Suggestions > More promotions per season

More promotions per season

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
41542.7 in reply to 41542.4
Date: 8/6/2008 1:13:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Unfortunately, I will not be the champion this year. Lost my first final match without having any chance...

I have to wait for another season, hoping that no better teams join the division.

And to be honoust, playing against 10 bots per season, is not really funny!

maybe the fact your division is full of bots, there are a few bots in the higher division as well, and this could mean you will get promoted anyway if they do a bot clean up.
So don't just panic yet, wait to see what happens.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
41542.8 in reply to 41542.1
Date: 8/8/2008 6:34:20 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
if there will be a more promotions, there have to be a more relegations, are you sure that you want to do that?

This Post:
41542.9 in reply to 41542.8
Date: 8/8/2008 9:32:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
if there will be a more promotions, there have to be a more relegations, are you sure that you want to do that?

Not necessarily. Having less teams in each division would fix that.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
41542.10 in reply to 41542.9
Date: 8/9/2008 7:56:01 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

Not necessarily. Having less teams in each division would fix that.

because everybody relegates? less leagues in the lower devision fix that ;) But then you got first a caused relegation, and i think lot players would hate that.

But if got more porotion and the same amount of teams, there must be more relegations even if you split the leagues ;)

This Post:
41542.11 in reply to 41542.10
Date: 8/9/2008 8:54:46 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
No, for example if you have only 12 teams in division I, and still 4 teams could relegate. Then have 48 teams in division II, split into 4 leagues. The top 8 would play in the playoffs. The bottom 2 could automatically demote.

As for the remaining 2 teams... They could have a relegation series with 2 teams coming up from the division below.

It would push the pyramid down but at least the ratio of teams per division promoting would be more favorable.

I also don't like the current conference system. I would rather play all teams twice.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
41542.12 in reply to 41542.11
Date: 8/26/2008 6:33:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
the low promotion ability is the one thing i as a newbie to game dislike the most. So i can only support that, more mixing (eg demotions and promotions) will be great

This Post:
41542.13 in reply to 41542.5
Date: 8/27/2008 7:19:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well...I didn't understand it properly, I think, but the idea behind is really good. I'd suggest something like this (maybe is what you've suggested).

-8th 8th from both conferences are directly demoted.
- Conference winners play against each other, (single or three matches, depending on how much time we have) to give 4 league winners, which face themselves again to give 2 direct promotions. The 6 teams , with the 2nd-3rd of each conference (18) will join a pool with 6th, 7th of upper division.This would make 22 teams competing for two positions in the upper division. this way we have a direct relegation-promotion (1 team per conference) and then two spaces for posibilities. Like a salary, in which you have a fix part plus variables.

In which way can we put 22 teams for 4 places...I don't know. Maybe a first round single match, in which there will be 11 teams, and then a league, some playoffs...I don't know , but this could be solved later.

The idea behind is that only 4th and 5th will stay with no games. the rest, including 6th 7th and 2nd 3rd will play for 4 places, having the canche to avoid relegation and win promotion.

This Post:
41542.14 in reply to 41542.13
Date: 8/28/2008 11:50:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
A key element of my idea was that it involved everyone in the playoffs. While this might seem to make the regular season meaningless, I think it could actually make the regular season more meaningful.

The bottom 4 teams in each conference would face the bottom 4 teams in the opposite conference, but they would carry their regular season records against the other 7 teams into this classification group. The classification of teams 9th to 16th would be based on 14 games, 10 during the regular season, plus 4 more in the playoffs. Four teams (13th through 16th) would relegate directly just like now. The 11th and 12th place teams would have to defend their place in the upper division, while the 9th and 10th place teams would have to defend their place. The 9th and 10th place teams would retain their place in the upper division.

The top 4 teams (the two conference winners, plus the two other teams with the best record) would compete for the league championship and direct promotion. This would mean that the regular season record was more meaningful, since only 4 teams would have a chance for direct promotion. It would also permit best of 3-series for both rounds. The 3 teams that lose in the championship playoffs would get a 2nd chance to promote.

The next 4 teams (5th through 8th) would be competing for the chance to challenge a team from the upper division. If we have 4 leagues, there would be 16 teams involved. They would be placed in 4-team inter-league groups, and play 3 games, so that 4 teams would advance. They would be joined by the 4 winners of games between losers of the champions semifinals, for a total of 8 teams.

These teams would play another two knockout rounds, resulting in two teams remaining. They would be joined by the 4 championship finals losers, and the 11th and 12th place teams from the division above (8 teams). Two more knockout rounds would determine the 2 teams that would compete in the upper division the following season.

All teams would have at least 3 playoff games, and be involved for most of the two weeks of the playoffs, with a Saturday arranged scrimmage for those teams (20 of 64) that were eliminated before then.

The final week would be the interdivisional playoff. Since only 14 of 64 teams would be involved, the other 50 teams could have an off date on Tuesday, which gives some sense of an off-season.