Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
6352.7 in reply to 6352.6
Date: 11/9/2007 11:49:59 PM
1986 Celtics
IV.31
Overall Posts Rated:
I am definitely considering it.. i mean.. the reason i write a reply with my thinking in it is to help push the debate forward amongst the BBs and the users. I'd rather have as open debate as possible where all the issues are laid out and no matter what we decide the users have some insight into why it was that we decided to do something that way. I hope I haven't turned you off to the debate in general, and I think you'll find throughout the forums I don't just shoot down ideas on principal.

I'd love to hear what other users think and feel... if what you say is true and users find the tactical uncertainty to be more annoying than fun then that would affect my viewpoint. I'm not sure that I believe that your viewpoint is shared by the majority of users.. then again I don't have any real basis for saying that. So I hope others chime in and help shape our understanding of the user's consensus.

This Post:
6352.8 in reply to 6352.7
Date: 11/10/2007 1:37:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
if what you say is true and users find the tactical uncertainty to be more annoying than fun then that would affect my viewpoint.

Truthfully, at the moment I find it's pretty much a case of "meh, anything could happen in this match" just before it starts.
It's still fun, but it could be more so.

Naturally, when I think about tactics "experience", I think about how formation experience works in Hattrick - and I don't find that perfect either.

Tactics could perhaps be held at certain levels by coaches? If you play those tactics you also get a bonus "maintenance" % (like practice levels on players).
If you make the coaches more important, where higher level coaches can maintain more tactics types at higher levels, this might make sense... (bah @ extra wages, but the advantages probably even out with this extra cost).