BB Global (English) > People joining and leaving the same day

People joining and leaving the same day

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
71510.7 in reply to 71510.6
Date: 2/5/2009 8:43:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I appreciate your comments on the subject guys.

Maybe what I am proposing is not the best solution but I don't have any other at the moment.

Still, the problem remains... and some creative people will have to find a solution one day because BB is a social game... everything should be made to encourage competition and trash talking between players (and not only between players in the higher divisions.)

Sure there are players who just want to do their own little thing with their team and not interact with anybody (imo they would be better off with a single player management game but that's another story) but in general, people play these games in part for the sense of community. I'm sure that the majority of new users don't stay in the game season after season until they "Oh one day" get promoted to a higher division so they can finally trash talk with their division buddies.

I just think of another solution to prevent the flooding of lower divisions with inactive users. Maybe instead of jumping right into the action, new users should compete in a short tutorial season against 4 or 5 bot teams. The tutorial would guide the user a bit like the actual manager checklist does but with more "hand holding". For example, when you edit your lineup, there would be a text saying something like "This guy would make a good starter in the SF position. However, his stamina is low, you need to choose a good backup. Maybe that guy?". People not that interested in the game would leave before the end of the tutorial so it would mean less ghost teams in real divisions. I don't think that people really interested to learn the game would be so mad to wait 4-5 weeks to play "for real".

The objective would be to quickly eliminate the players who realize that this game is not for them the first time they login.

This Post:
71510.9 in reply to 71510.7
Date: 2/5/2009 9:14:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello,

I think that this tutorial could be good only as a voluntary thing, because I cannot imagine how would start people like me - I'm always bothered by forced tutorials, because there are a lot of things, which are obvious and such a tutorial easily turns into forced evil and boring feature.

You have right about that (if I understand it by this way well) people which want an social (whatever) action, they should get it. However there isn't and never will be any universal method how to do that, because every community is a different, like every human is kind of original thing.

So what we can do is to create an opportunities and see what will happen. Actually I'm thinking on suggestion forum about world tournament. Without any opinion.

To: RiP
This Post:
71510.10 in reply to 71510.8
Date: 2/5/2009 9:17:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You got a point. However, maybe I would not be facing real competition because the league is too big in the first place. In Canada for example, I think there are 3 divisions... maybe just 2 would be enough if they were all filled with real and active users.

It would be great to say that whenever you enter the game for real (after the tutorial), you have 90% chance of playing against other motivated humans.

I'm just trying to think of ways to prevent the "In and Out" type of players to reach the same divisions than the active players and dissipate the fun factor.

This Post:
71510.12 in reply to 71510.11
Date: 2/5/2009 11:55:02 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This whole "problem" is only a matter of patience. You have to survive one season with inactive users to get into a highet level of competition where there will be less of them. You can't prevent quitting of high level team too. And most importantly you can't do major changes when promotion is connected with financial bonus (and there are actually some teams non-competitive on their current level who relagate on purpose to get money next year and improve this way).

Social game - chat and/or live "game thread" chat for all division at the level (one for i.1, one for all second divisions, one for all third etc. ..) could an option. of course it would require nicks to be presented this way:
docend24 (Prague Towers - III.7) or even
docend24 - III.7 (1st in Great 8 - Prague Towers) cause names of teams could be really long.
If you have medicore compeition, other leading teams of divisions of the same level are actually who you compete with - and that's only one of many (amnyn for Rip!) reasons for better interaction within a level.
Yes there are more leagues in lower levels but the lower the level the more inactive teams.

This Post:
71510.13 in reply to 71510.12
Date: 2/5/2009 2:07:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't really see the issue, either. In your first season you are learning about the game anyways. It does not hurt to be playing bots or "ghost teams". Bots are pretty good competition for a starting team - I seem to remember losing games to them in the early going. It gives you a chance to get your feet wet and learn the game.

In the meantime, if you want to be social, go on the help forum to learn the game more and talk to new users.

Finally, to be honest, you can end up in an all-human division that has absolutely no trash talk or very few discussion threads. I'm in one right now.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
71510.14 in reply to 71510.13
Date: 2/5/2009 2:33:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well I'm not going to debate this any further. I realize that this is not a concern to most of the people here.

I'm going to focus more on the game (which I am truly enjoying so far btw) and less on the social aspect. I'm kind of used to it because I'm experiencing the exact same thing in hattrick. I still think that someday someone will have to find a good solution to this problem... but that seems to be just me :)

This Post:
71510.15 in reply to 71510.14
Date: 2/5/2009 3:08:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am also in a "zombie" League. There has not been a thread all year. Hopefully when I get promoted into II that'll change.

My opinion is you should get your team better and get promoted. Then you'll have no cause for concern, because you'll be too busy getting your butt handed to you.

This Post:
71510.16 in reply to 71510.1
Date: 2/6/2009 5:31:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I understand youre point but having all the active players in lower divisions in the same division would cause less active mangers to be promoted and bots being promoted in their place I know its not that challenging against bots but gives you time to build youre team before you meet the big boys.

This Post:
71510.17 in reply to 71510.16
Date: 2/6/2009 7:53:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
the topic is joining and leaving the same day . . .

by what i understands, you cant blame or do much for this kind of people why. if they just click or type the website because of advertisement or word of mouth and had that curiousity of joining but at the same day after seeing what he can analyze or understand and said . . . boring . .. . difficult, man! this is crazy , and decided not for me. you cant do soo much.

playing this game you need to time, patience and interest in either manager online games or even basketball at least.

because you really need time to understand the game and how it run not to mention how to run your team, understanding the players you have and how they should play so you can maximize your talent and get wins.

when i first join this game, aside from its through a friend. but you know what is the best because i got a live tutor that you can say on my side and help me work on my team.

i never got the feel of really getting players trained . . . i spend my whole first and and 2nd season not really training and yes level 1 trainer and only decided to buy a level 10 trainer, see how i wasted 3 of my best players then that they didnt actually develop .. . (really sorry matsui , yes the team misses you! told you to pas the ball and play D but no you just have to keep shooting)

so when i started its all about working on the players that i have, do you know how much hours i spent analyzing what is the best player for a certain postion and scouting endless hours how to set my game with a certain players.

because i dont have the money i have to settle for good to mid average guys who just help me patch what my team is slacking in.

lastly if a new player comes to play, at first you really would realize how many things you need to do. first is you wanna win with the bunch of jippies you have as so called players on your team. second how do you win oh oh how can i earn money oh oh i have to increase my arena, players can be trained . . . . ohoh you need a level 5 trainer at least etc etc etc

there is no point of promotion, putting them directly with soo much human controlled teams can easily crush your enjoyment because you have a larger chance to lose all the time.

what im saying is, if your in a bot league you got more time to wiggle around and feel this game and your team. plus its not hard to analyze how to play against bots so if a new player gets wins the interest bar indicator goes way up higher

there is no pressure so much that wants to push one player to quickly do something because his team is in deep $hit and needs to fix it pronto!

imagine what would be the outcome of someone doing something quickly without understanding soo much what should be , aside from money wasted and if that decision made the situation bad not saying worst and he got no more money then i guess you wont see him logging in anymore.

Advertisement