BB Global (English) > Offensive Flow?

Offensive Flow?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
903.7 in reply to 903.6
Date: 8/28/2007 7:02:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
stogey, we are talking about the ratings based on a specific zone of the court, like Inside Scoring, Perimeter Defense, which are similar to the zone rating in HT (Midfield, Left side defense, Central Offense, etc).

And in hattrick they make sense, since the game is partially decided based on that. But on BB is different. The game is decided play-by-play, so the Ratings by zone are not as relevant as people think they are.

That's why I previously suggested to completely remove them. The info that really matters is on the Boxscore. They should add just the positions the players played and maybe the court showing where the shots were taken. That's it, no obscure ratings. BB does not need that.

Edited 8/28/2007 7:05:21 PM by GM-Raonne

This Post:
903.9 in reply to 903.8
Date: 8/29/2007 5:48:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I do like zonal ratings as far as scouting goes, but as for determining how a team won, I agree with everyone else.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
903.10 in reply to 903.9
Date: 8/29/2007 8:10:19 AM
1986 Celtics
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
It is for this reason that charles is very opposed to doing away with the zone ratings... he wants there to be an absolute metric which shows how good a team you put on the court for that game.

However, in terms of understanding what happened in the game I'm coming up with a relativistic measurement which shows you how effective each position was against your opponent at that same position. So as the previous example that is given above, you could see that in most games their SF dominated opponents, but in this previous game your SF was more effective than theirs. I am thinking of showing actually 10 values.. which relate to the offensive efficancy at each position for either team.. so if you want to look at your defensive efficancy you look at your opponents offensive efficancy.

i've implemented version 1.0 and 2.0 of this... but i want to check it some more, run it by some people internally.. then we need to make the database and website work with the new ratings.. so its a little ways off still.. but i am working on it.

Edited 8/29/2007 8:13:10 AM by BB-Forrest

This Post:
903.11 in reply to 903.10
Date: 8/29/2007 8:12:25 AM
1986 Celtics
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
also to answer the original question. Offensive flow is most related to how balanced your scoring attack is and how well a passing team you are.