Help - English > FCP - pros and cons

FCP - pros and cons

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
98582.7 in reply to 98582.5
Date: 6/24/2009 9:19:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Why not? It is a serious detriment to playing a FCP.
Yes i should add that this is my view of this. I would concentrate more on the handling and passing skill of the opposing team then the stamina of his players, you do as you want...

Also, I disagree that it is better to play a FCP when you are stronger than your opponent. In fact, there is almost no time when you should play a FCP.
this was actually my point as well... it should however still be the the defensive strategy with the potential of creating the largest point differential, no?

/Mannen
This Post:
98582.8 in reply to 98582.7
Date: 6/24/2009 9:47:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes i should add that this is my view of this. I would concentrate more on the handling and passing skill of the opposing team then the stamina of his players, you do as you want...

Ok, probably just my misunderstanding. You said that you would not concentrate on stamina. I believe you meant to say "I would not concentrate on the stamina of the opposing team". To play a FCP you either need to have players with great stamina or your backups need to be about the same as your starters or both. My players have really good stamina but whenever I have played FCP I still have had a significant let down in the 4th quarter.

it should however still be the the defensive strategy with the potential of creating the largest point differential, no?

In most situations I would say no, even when you have a big advantage, because there are too many negatives to playing a FCP. You give up too many easy baskets and the rebounding hit is too big. This more than offsets the number of turnovers you create. Also, the hit to your outside d means that you're creating less turnovers, anyways.

If you can post a high level of outside d, your opponent has bad offensive flow and your inside guys have good outside d you're probably going to create 10-15 turnovers anyways. Who cares if you create another10 turnovers if you're giving up an extra 10 offensive rebounds and your players are dead tired when the 4th quarter comes around?

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager