BB Global (English) > B3 S10

B3 S10

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
112978.73 in reply to 112978.72
Date: 11/12/2009 5:51:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes but it seems merchandise has a really low impact on the teams economy....

This Post:
112978.74 in reply to 112978.71
Date: 11/12/2009 8:23:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Compare salaries of both finalist and you can see it is not about enough income to pay the salaries.

This Post:
112978.75 in reply to 112978.73
Date: 11/12/2009 10:00:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You don't have to look too deeply to find comments that indicate that my success this year was likely just fortunate or because I've bulldozed my way using day-trading capital from early seasons or the fact I've been operating with over $850k salaries until this week.

The fortune that dictates the outcome is simple - Home Court Advantage. The level of competition amongst the top 10-20 or so teams is close enough that in most of these match ups being lucky enough to be drawn at home puts the away manager on the back foot tactics wise. I would like to see ALL BB3 games held at neutral grounds, the money for the competition revamped and maybe arena revenue for cups to return and shared between the teams involved. I've also mentioned over and over again and had it confirmed that teams in the east will enter games away from home to western counterparts with lower enthusiasm because of the difference in times in the daily updates.. this leads me to;

Enthusiasm management - if HCA remains for future BB3 tournaments then perhaps each game could start with teams entering with identical enthusiasm. This is where I have an advantage as at present I can TIE most games without having to orchestrate a mutual TIE. Having said that I'm not alone, there are many teams that also TIE every game (i assume mainly via intimidation of likely ratings or just being the stronger team) I'm curious to learn which countries support their BB3 representative and effectively hand them free TIE's so they can build up to the optimal level ahead of games.

I am positive that if games tip off on Neutral court and with identical enthusiasm you will start to see the real 'best' teams playing out the latter stages (maybe add qualifying groups so 1 loss isn't the be-all and end all?) irrespective of the strength within their domestic league. No way the best team won't win their league or cup under these conditions and then no-one will be able to argue that any future champion won't have earnt their title.

A higher % of my bank balance and team wealth was generated from the timing of my purchases & sales NOT simply just trading. It's also not my fault that so many teams still get goggle eyed when they see a mono-skilled JS monster or remain sentimental towards their trainees to the point it slows their overall franchise growth. My TV & merchandising income and therefore overall weekly profit margin was $300-400k less than my rivals each week up til now. Inflation has helped me as my players have appreciated fast enough per week to offset some of this (only if i cash in) - I am sure in time as the economy settles you will appreciate the disparities more and commend those that chose to operate at both ends of the scale... (savers & spenders.)

This Post:
112978.77 in reply to 112978.76
Date: 11/13/2009 4:05:53 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well i'm certainly not going to argue with the Parrot!!

Then closing point on the HCA/Enthusiasm is that if the difference is as close as 5% in an even match up 100-100 points this would favour the home team 105-95? That for me is a pretty big difference to turn about. I can hold my hands up and say it wouldve been unlikely for my team to have overcome a visit to Torooo or KDB and certain others in weeks 1-4 of the cup and even though you have displayed the difference as a very small percentage, in 50/50 match-ups its going to be the deciding factor more often than not, hence why I favour neutral court throughout the tournament.

But there is an element of luck that is contained within cup runs & I guess over time the luck of the HCA draw will even out. That is fine for teams that consistently qualify for the BB3 but for countries where your ticket to enter is much tougher and not clear cut, a 1st round away draw isn't just reward for the efforts put in.

This Post:
112978.78 in reply to 112978.77
Date: 11/13/2009 6:06:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have to agree with Josef's comments about your skill on the transfer market. It is clear that you are a business man, and I imagine a very good one. I have no skill in that area, and I think the difference in success between our teams reflects this explicitly. We began about the same time and are in similar situations, country-wise. Hats off to you for the victory and hats off to BC Hostivar for getting to the title game. You both earned it.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
112978.79 in reply to 112978.77
Date: 11/13/2009 8:06:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Congratulations for your deserved title!

I believe this might be an interesting moment to know what the community think about HCA/enthusiasm in B3.

Here, I think the theme is wheter we want a more "realistic" competition or a more fair competiton. In the sense that there is a tradeoff between being "realistic" and fair.

- It is more "realistic" to have most of games played with HCA factor because, well, in the real world is pretty common. And, it is also more "realistic" to play final rounds in neutral arenas because in some real competitions it happens that way.

-Similar thing ocurrs with enthusiasm. The argument about the 1 point related to east/west location is something that needs to be somehow fixed.
Again, while it is true that small country teams can TIE with no problem and big contry teams con not, it is part of the "reality" of the competition to simulate somehow, I guess, some psychological effects related to it. Sadly, this in the practice depends a lot of something that none of us have control: The country we lived.

So, while many of the features present in B3 are "realistic" they are not fair at all. Maybe we want this "realism" over a more fair competiton where the better teams can compete. Maybe we prefer a fair competition where you can measured with other good managers without being, in some situations, frustrated by the luck of the draw or the league where someone else plays.

What is your preference?

Last edited by Zero, the Magi. at 11/13/2009 8:09:14 AM