Date: 5/14/2011 8:21:22 AM
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
First division, good prospect = 3m invested
Six division, good prospect = 500k invested

If you think the only way to raise is to pick a great young this draft is even worst than I expected :p

1990-2022 Stalinorgel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-Xppl6h8Et
This Post:
182720.75 in reply to 182720.66
Date: 5/14/2011 1:00:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think this is completely fine. Teams who do poorly have a chance to improve their fortunes with a great draft pick. Why is that wrong?

The problem is that your draft result depends 99% on luck. Not on how poorly you did or how well you scouted.

In seasons 13 and 14 I had the first pick in the draft. I scouted and picked the best player in both drafts. Player 1 was sold for 370k, player 2 for 200k.
On the other hand, guys that were picked with low picks are sold for 2+ million.

It's purely about luck. You can do everything right and still not even get your scouting expenses back, or you can randomly pick a player that brings you millions.

That's the problem. There's too much chance involved.

This Post:
182720.77 in reply to 182720.76
Date: 5/16/2011 12:01:17 AM
Syndicalists' BC
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
I think there should be an element of luck involved, but the amount involved with the draft now is ridiculous. Another way to get around this could be to cap the amount you can earn from an 18 year old, say to ~$2.5 mil or something (he could sell for higher, but the seller would only get the capped amount). And then maybe a 19 year old can cap at earning his team ~$4 mil.

This Post:
182720.78 in reply to 182720.77
Date: 5/16/2011 1:08:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
A rookie salary cap is a decent idea, but I just don't agree that the amount of luck involved is that much. If you are managing a team that you know is going to have a tough time in your league, there is little reason and/or excuse for not putting in the maximum cash into your draft. This allows you to scout each player in the draft once and then have a second look at the top 8 guys. If you don't put max cash into the draft and complain about getting a decent draft, luck isn't to blame. As for the reply that 40k/wk is too much, I don't buy it, certainly not for d. 1,2,3 or 4 teams. You have to make choices and if you have a poor team, then reducing staff salaries or selling a player or two to afford scouting seems to me to be a no-brainer.

And while I have a bit of sympathy for the people who feel like other teams are getting a windfall simply for getting lucky in the draft, I think you make your own luck and that if they receive a 7'5" HoF 18 year old C next season they won't be so upset.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
182720.79 in reply to 182720.78
Date: 5/16/2011 2:59:15 AM
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
Believe me I don't understand why you need to say that the luck involved isn't too much. In my division no one player drafted worth more than 1m even if you decided to spend 20k/week, what you can do? Nothing. Draft today is ONLY luck, the 80% has bad luck other 20% good luck but that's not acceptable even if I will draft a great young cause it's this system that is wrong. In BB there are already too many random factors:

- your worst enemy (someone has a bot)
- tv game
- draft (the merchandising is stricly related to the player drafted I can't accept to lose money cause I drafted 19yo players with potential 1)
= income (pls don't link the economy to the random)

- injuries, acceptable for me
- bad or good luck with the matches, acceptable too

As you can see all the aspects of BB are linked to the luck but something can be "real" like the buzzerbeater others not. I've lost against my opponent and the TV game my economy changed a lot, there are teams more lucky than mine that earn 50k/week more than me cause they had luck in the draft... Stop pls this is not BB Las Vegas

EDIT: Sorry I forgot cup games... Above to not acceptable things

Last edited by ned at 5/16/2011 3:00:57 AM

This Post:
182720.80 in reply to 182720.79
Date: 5/16/2011 7:59:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I apologize but I had trouble understanding your post.
I don't think that merchandising is strictly related to drafted player, so I disagree with you there.

Look, I know that managing in Italy is much more difficult than managing in Thailand and I don't have the same set of game parameters that you do. I just think that if I knew my team was going to be poor and that there was the potential to get a big payday from the draft, I would spend the max cash ($4ok/wk) to give myself the best shot at drafting a stud.

I also think that complaining about the schedule or the TV game is unfounded. I have to play against the best team in Thailand this week in the cup after playing the 3rd best team last week. That's just how it goes. That's a good thing in my mind, so I disagree with you there.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
182720.81 in reply to 182720.80
Date: 5/16/2011 11:57:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I just think that if I knew my team was going to be poor and that there was the potential to get a big payday from the draft, I would spend the max cash ($4ok/wk) to give myself the best shot at drafting a stud.

And when the best player in the draft is worth 200k then you lose 360k, even if you do everything right, while some other guy who spends nothing on scouting and drafts randomly gets a 2m+ player.
Very fair, right?

IMHO the player pools for the draft should not be so different in talent level that many leagues don't even have a chance on drafting a good player, as it is right now.
Guarantee every league a player that is worth 560k+ and a few players that are worth 100k-500k. Then you know that your scouting investments will be rewarded if you do well in the draft.

This Post:
182720.82 in reply to 182720.80
Date: 5/16/2011 1:10:00 PM
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
Some believe me and you ca even see it by yourself, you can earn 50k/week more if your draft players play in your championship team, 50k/week is a lot of money. Try and then let me know.

In Italy is not so strange to find 2 bot teams challenge each other in the Ivth cup games and you can find a second division team against a first division in the first match. I ask only to kill the bots asap.

About the TV game and the rival it can be good or not but you must say that the luck is behind these matters.

There is no difficult in the countries involved here, we are in the same situation, if I'm sure to have a good young, I will spend a lot of money to have it, cause this guy will bring me more merchandising and because after 14 seasons I prefer to train a player from zero but simply I can't have this option today. Believe me merchandising is strictly related to the "native" players you've in roster playing in a championship game.

To: ned
This Post:
182720.83 in reply to 182720.82
Date: 5/16/2011 8:37:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Are people still complaining about the draft?

Wow...lol

Advertisement