BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > The usual OMG how did I lose that thread...3

The usual OMG how did I lose that thread...3 (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
251520.73 in reply to 251520.67
Date: 4/16/2014 9:03:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
look patient find the mis-match any where on the floor/ if that guy missed a lot of shots you cant claim the tactic didn't go to the mis -match of him. It clearly did , its eithers 1.your player was double teamed, 2. had a bad night and missed shots or 3 he was out skilled.

btw I really don't care for anything here or the higher leagues. Only thing that peek my interest is watching b3 tourney and the tactics. I have said that plenty of times no reason to re track it now. What you like to do is not my interest . im not going to knock you for it. Higher leagues Is the same thing's the lower leagues . It still train, play ,and tactics.. If its harder who cares. I don't clearly don't.

Read what Manon wrote. Read it again. And if you're still interested in the concept of playing jump shooters at PF and C in a patient, feel free to examine last night's NBBA game: (69098110)

This Post:
251520.74 in reply to 251520.71
Date: 4/16/2014 9:10:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This formula is almost certainly wrong because there is too large a disparity between the triple offensive skills and OD if you multiply them. This greatly devaluates the worth of OD if you calculate vs the offensive skills. Thus, there is no way to explain why the guy on C was not being the go to guy in Hrudleys example unless you tell me the opposing center had better OD than the opponents PG.

Second, from my own experience with patient, DR seems to have a superior impact on how the player is chosen and JR much less so.

I entirely agree with your results regarding DR and JR. The player who ended up taking most shots for me is an 18 JS/10 JR/17 DR guy, as opposed to the 15 JS/15 JR/14 DR of the guy I was hoping would shoot. With the OD differential between my opponent's C and his guards, I thought that would work. If I were to try it again, I'd probably have stashed the 18/10/17 guy as a backup at either the PF or C shooting positions.

This Post:
251520.75 in reply to 251520.69
Date: 4/16/2014 3:10:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Manon look his player took 20+ shots it went there..It tried to work. it was unsuccessful. Other things play a factor in patient as well, as the foe defense rating. double teaming,stamina. etc etc. If we look it tried, it went the mis match. his player didn't make baskets.. he doesn't have a true patient team ,he has a inside team.. was that reason why he looked badly. Yes, we make that claim.

I have heard tactics have been tweeked in the past,. We have to understand pf don't shoot a lot of 3 pointers. If that' was the mismatch he was looking for. Then play something that bring the player to the mid range to 3pt shot.. Again as you pointed out the foe Od might have been better.. pressure of the shot clock and double team . We cant just say patient didn't look for mis match it clearly did. His player took 20+ shots, other things played a factor in performance that night.

Patient in shooting everywhere for the best shot, the mis match on the floor... It tried in his game , we have go other reason why his player didn't perform. It hard to have team that can player every tactic.. You just cant slap on a tactic and say it should work because a player with 100 0d and 1000 jump shot and say a it's sure win, because this game has double teaming, it just false to say it a sure win, all tactics have a certain amount skill that make them effective in each player, one player can do it alone or make it work... So its more to it, than what anyone can explain.

It looks like to me his player had a bad night or was out matched by his defender and defense, maybe they double team him and he took bad shots out of a double team.

This Post:
251520.76 in reply to 251520.68
Date: 4/16/2014 3:18:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
lol.. I said the same thing, But hey my games are close. If you look at some of the other team transfer list they are doing some strange strange things. Some have bought over 200 players. I don't even think I have bought more than 11

This Post:
251520.78 in reply to 251520.77
Date: 4/16/2014 4:24:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
..isn't it 12?

This Post:
251520.79 in reply to 251520.75
Date: 4/16/2014 4:59:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Patient in shooting everywhere for the best shot, the mis match on the floor... It tried in his game , we have go other reason why his player didn't perform. It hard to have team that can player every tactic.. You just cant slap on a tactic and say it should work because a player with 100 0d and 1000 jump shot and say a it's sure win, because this game has double teaming, it just false to say it a sure win, all tactics have a certain amount skill that make them effective in each player, one player can do it alone or make it work... So its more to it, than what anyone can explain.

How much hay do you require to build up your strawman army? I hope you get a good deal.

Nobody (least of all me) is saying I should have won. I've had played against the Riverdogs four times in roughly three months, and I'm very familiar with his roster (not to mention consider him a friend). He had a better team and that was in fact why I went with the strategy I went for - try to get mismatches like crazy on game one, hopefully steal a win, and then induce a 3-2 zone and play LI into that at home. In our four previous meetings with roughly the same roster, my big men had hit half of the contested jump shots over the defender in question in the four previous games, and 25% of their contested threes. It made sense to think that a real outside shooter would likely have a better day and that it would absolutely in terms of expected points be the best mismatch. And the PP100 bore that out - that was the best mismatch. In that scenario, I'd run the patient again in game 1 every single time, though I'd hide Schultz so he wouldn't think he should shoot so much as well.

The rest of us since had a very nice discussion including a perfectly logical rationale for the decision based on a formula discovered by someone who ran patient a lot more than you or I combined. I've also pointed to a game run just last night in the NBBA where a team won with a patient with guards at PF and C and defensive switches, as further evidence that, as I said, patient with outside shooters at the PF/C positions is quite common situationally.

If you'd like to discuss anything related to what people are actually saying or have anything constructive to add, I'll gladly await your response. As entertaining as it is watching you try to convince a bunch of scarecrows that something they never said is wrong, however, it's not productive in any way.

This Post:
251520.81 in reply to 251520.77
Date: 4/16/2014 10:17:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
thank you.

This Post:
251520.82 in reply to 251520.79
Date: 4/16/2014 10:32:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Not to be rude that game is gone.. you played him before and won four times , but not the 5th. tough luck man. sorry to her that.

my last game was a thiller. I lost .. im not going degrade why I lost , we didn't score enough is why.. the game is gone. No point in gasping for a reason.

As far as all the insults in your post who cares,? The game has changed since that guy was here tactics tweeked. You followed his advice and lost with it? think bout that for minute., Now your blaming me for telling you different. LOL. why not go blame him ??, It would be the right thing to do.

You need a patient team to run patient correctly. Same as for needing a proper LI team to run LI correctly. every player need to have certain amount of skills. If you have a dynamic point guard that helps a lot in patient. You can win lot of game training young pg in patient. To me it really shows if your player is any good. Same for Li with big men.

No such thing as a sure win on BB.. no matter how good your team is

Last edited by Mr. Glass at 4/16/2014 10:46:04 PM

Advertisement