BB Global (English) > Season 8 Changes

Season 8 Changes

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
72142.73 in reply to 72142.65
Date: 2/25/2009 4:56:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
To A it's a trader tax, to B it's a reward for investing in player development through the draft.
If you think about it on a game level, rather than from your position within the game, it's an excellent mechanism to balance the rewards from each approach to the game. I think it's a stroke of brilliance, and will re-emphasize the need for optimal, wage-efficient training. I just love the vision the BBs have for their economy (with some reservations about arenas).
In your particular case, I would love to know how much extra revenue you generate through the lack of consistent, meaningfull opposition compared to a highly competitive league.
You'd have to post some serious figures to convince me it's not just swings and roundabouts and that you are simply bitching to lobby for the traders.

Lets wait for the final announcement - but please be real... I got my 4th choice draft this season... a double average in SB and RB..... if you got better (not hard) well done.. if you got good enough to even consider training, congrats!!

I would love nothing more than to be able to train one of my own as im sure the other 27 users in Japan would. How many seasons / light years would we need for all of us to field a competitive team? Then for the lucky league/cup winners how would we fair in the BB3?

My radical proposal is that an even amount of ALL Nationalites is distributed in the global draft.

So my 3 guys could be a Canadian, Korean and a Scot! Yours could be a Japanese, French, Belarus.. etc etc.

To transition across we would have to explore a way to trade/exchange players and the search engine would need to incorporate all players (skills obviously hidden for non listed players)

My bitch is not to help traders... it is for those not prepared to accept we have to perhaps train our own. I want to ensure I can compete with the teams I am currently paired up against and that is BB3 for me. 1) Is to qualify.. i choose to compete with my roster in JBBL despite my player wages now being over $325k a week more than the av. team (nice new tool!) I do however bring in $240k more than the average.

My ticket prices have been lowered to ensure I shouldnt take too bad a hit after a loss or 2. I would be able to trim my salary by $200k or so and still compete if BB3 wasnt a feature of this game but because of BB3 the other changes and resulting deflation this seems a silly route to go down.

The real issue is the difference in users in small and big countries. Adding 75 Japanese players into circulation each season and saying if you dont have them we will add a new tax on your other guys (assuming this is what will happen) is in no way related to a trading argument.

This Post:
72142.74 in reply to 72142.58
Date: 2/25/2009 5:30:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
mate you are spot on. it is very clear what the message from the developers means. they want us to have more players from the same nation as we are playing in that specific competition(i am sure you understand what i am trying to say)... and having a foreign player will add 10-20% to their wages. it will be a disastrous implementation for smaller countries.

Just do a search on these 3 peremiters. not older than 18, nationality english and star potential or better. In england you will find 10 players, japan has only one and iceland for example has 2 players on the transfer list.

In the usa there are 58 players for sale, italy has 246, germany has 89, spain has 289...

we are totally going to be screwed. another very badly thought over change for the future. I can understand why they are trying to do this, to make the big leagues more competitive. They need to keep the majority off the players happy, looks like we in the smaller leagues going to loose out again. I really hope they will think this all over again. From the 10 players available to me as a player in an english competition, i would only consider buying 1 or 2...

This Post:
72142.75 in reply to 72142.71
Date: 2/25/2009 5:36:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's just too simple. I don't like it when BB wants to hold my hand when other people are too lazy to find the players on their own. And i know one of you is gonna go like: "well if you don't like it, don't use it", well the option is there why not use it. I still believe that it's way too easy to find players now.

another user that is spot on. like you i want a challenging game. not the boring, game hattrick has become. however, the most players dont have the time the both of us have. BB is a company. they need to earn a living and make a profit. if they want 50000 die hard players or loose half off that and replace them by 75000 people looking for a past time, i am sure you can see what they prefer.

over the season i have seen many people moan and it looks like these people finally getting what they want...

This Post:
72142.76 in reply to 72142.11
Date: 2/25/2009 5:39:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
first of all thy say there will be more stuff to come in the next 2 weeks second you missed the most important stuff this season draf was worst then ever

i just looked at our league and looking at the transfer market how few players are on there for sale from english teams, i think you are right. the quality off drafts is alot lower. which is quite a contradiction considering they want us to train more home grown players...

This Post:
72142.77 in reply to 72142.73
Date: 2/25/2009 5:46:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Japan, or any country, needs 15 managers prepared to one position train a domestic prospect alongside an international prospect to have a competitive u21 in two seasons time, an NT in four.
If it has 27, you better all communicate well. As the champ, shouldn't you be setting an example to your community anyway? In England, Da bomby has produced our best prospect among this year's 21 year olds.

So, on the BB3 front, you're ignoring the swings and roundabouts point then? What you gain from maximizing arena revenue in a soft league you pay out in extra salaries?

@shoei
If there's a cap, more creative thinking is required within the parameters and the game language has more integrity. If wondrous is merely average, the game's custodians are not doing their job.
For example, Lebron in BB has proficient jump shot.
So yeah, no issues with that. I think it makes you work harder and how you want your team to play and what you need to do to achieve it.

This Post:
72142.78 in reply to 72142.63
Date: 2/25/2009 5:47:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The proposed system would definitively discriminate teams from small countries.

That really depends upon the details, doesn't it?

sorry... we can wait for ages for the details. but the message in the news, is quite clear to me...

Also [second thing], we be making good better use of player nationalities, and domestic players will be slightly (typically 10-20%) better economically than foreign ones. The details of this system are designed to be fair to countries of different sizes.”

so tell me what the bold bit means, when it doesnt mean that home grown players will be cheaper in wages or to buy than players that are bought from abroad and trained... if i am wrong, i apologize big time, if my english is near as good as people say it is, you are benefting big countries (understandable from a company profit point off view) big time over small countries.

This Post:
72142.80 in reply to 72142.77
Date: 2/25/2009 6:03:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If it has 27, you better all communicate well. As the champ, shouldn't you be setting an example to your community anyway? In England, Da bomby has produced our best prospect among this year's 21 year olds.

sorry but this is way too funny. telling the japanees players too communicate better. i have been quite active, i think one off the more active players in the england community and i think there were 3 players that have visited and commented on the english NT forums. Even although we have tried to get players involved alot more.

when we wanted to show NT potential players skills noone wanted to disclose this info to the other players, because it would give competitors a huge disadventage.

What should they communicate in the japanees league? disclose players ratings so they can trade or train players and than at a later date trade them?

To: Coco
This Post:
72142.81 in reply to 72142.79
Date: 2/25/2009 6:09:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
we have had it too easy? LOL... i have seen many players in big leagues say this about the smaller leagues.

I can assure you that I have 1 regret and 1 regret only. That is that i picked a small league to start in. I want a fun game and not get promoted to the first league and not have a challenge getting there. you should feel priviliged that you get worth for your time/money.

Let me give you one example that you are oh so wrong that we are having it easy. If I would play a div IV team in Italy or USA, I always get hammered. Simply because their teams are better than mine. They started later than I did. So how on earth are their teams so much better? Maybe because the stiff competition makes you better? ps no that doesnt make me a bad coach, i am training for the long term, so I bet that in a season or 2 my team will be better than theirs.

But on the other side, you havent given any facts or reasoning why it would be a good change. so hope not too many people take it as serious as i do :)

Last edited by Astragoth at 2/25/2009 6:10:35 AM

This Post:
72142.82 in reply to 72142.80
Date: 2/25/2009 6:17:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In England, a lot gets done on BB mail.
You don't need to compare stats, the NT coach just needs to lead training development. Hence no need to publish NT teams stats and harm the club competition.
But, yes, there was some irony in my post. I think you missed it.

This Post:
72142.83 in reply to 72142.81
Date: 2/25/2009 6:18:02 AM
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
wow, talk about overreacting... we don't even know what they mean with "fair to countries of different sizes"

Last edited by mark_lenders at 2/25/2009 6:18:13 AM

Advertisement