BB Global (English) > B3 S10

B3 S10

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
112978.78 in reply to 112978.77
Date: 11/13/2009 6:06:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have to agree with Josef's comments about your skill on the transfer market. It is clear that you are a business man, and I imagine a very good one. I have no skill in that area, and I think the difference in success between our teams reflects this explicitly. We began about the same time and are in similar situations, country-wise. Hats off to you for the victory and hats off to BC Hostivar for getting to the title game. You both earned it.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
112978.79 in reply to 112978.77
Date: 11/13/2009 8:06:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Congratulations for your deserved title!

I believe this might be an interesting moment to know what the community think about HCA/enthusiasm in B3.

Here, I think the theme is wheter we want a more "realistic" competition or a more fair competiton. In the sense that there is a tradeoff between being "realistic" and fair.

- It is more "realistic" to have most of games played with HCA factor because, well, in the real world is pretty common. And, it is also more "realistic" to play final rounds in neutral arenas because in some real competitions it happens that way.

-Similar thing ocurrs with enthusiasm. The argument about the 1 point related to east/west location is something that needs to be somehow fixed.
Again, while it is true that small country teams can TIE with no problem and big contry teams con not, it is part of the "reality" of the competition to simulate somehow, I guess, some psychological effects related to it. Sadly, this in the practice depends a lot of something that none of us have control: The country we lived.

So, while many of the features present in B3 are "realistic" they are not fair at all. Maybe we want this "realism" over a more fair competiton where the better teams can compete. Maybe we prefer a fair competition where you can measured with other good managers without being, in some situations, frustrated by the luck of the draw or the league where someone else plays.

What is your preference?

Last edited by Zero, the Magi. at 11/13/2009 8:09:14 AM