Suggestions > Moratorium on ALL new changes for one year

Moratorium on ALL new changes for one year

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
182276.78 in reply to 182276.74
Date: 4/28/2011 3:10:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I guess I did midunderstand. It sounded like you were saying 'You are a noob, who cares what you think', in a nicer way. Apologies for reading it wrong.

I am not sure that the original poster's idea was what I would suggest, but I wouldnt discount his suggestion for any reason other than the merits of his ideas. In my opinion it wouldnt hurt to at least slow things down a bit to see the long term effect of what I consider big changes to the game the last couple of seasons. Stop non cosmetic changes altogether? maybe not. Slow them down to see how things go? Perhaps not a bad idea.

This Post:
182276.79 in reply to 182276.78
Date: 4/28/2011 5:29:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I guess I did midunderstand. It sounded like you were saying 'You are a noob, who cares what you think', in a nicer way. Apologies for reading it wrong.

I am not sure that the original poster's idea was what I would suggest, but I wouldnt discount his suggestion for any reason other than the merits of his ideas. In my opinion it wouldnt hurt to at least slow things down a bit to see the long term effect of what I consider big changes to the game the last couple of seasons. Stop non cosmetic changes altogether? maybe not. Slow them down to see how things go? Perhaps not a bad idea.

In any case i didn't want to be disrespectful with him.

All i think is that i dislike the idea of having 1 year without any change...

PD: I liked more the 2-3 of the past than the 2-3 we have now.

Last edited by Marot at 4/28/2011 5:31:41 PM

This Post:
182276.81 in reply to 182276.75
Date: 5/2/2011 5:00:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Charles has said 2-3 isn't broken

Here is a very superficial study.

BB-Charles used it once in a league game and lost and once to slaughter some lowly bot team in the cup.
BB-Forrest hasn't used it this season.
BB-Marin hasn't used it this season or last season.
BB-Patrick hasn't used it this season but did use it once last season. He tried it in the SF and was slaughtered.
BB-Uroš hasn't used it this season or last season.
BB-Edju hasn't used it this season.
BB-Jason hasn't used it this season.
BB-Mark has used it once this season but lost. But last season he used it 3 times!
BB-Tomer loves it! He hasn't used it this season but used last season a whopping 9 times, wow, mind you the first 5 games in which he used it he lost!

So the BBs themselves almost never use it, and when they do they lose. I will leave everyone to draw their own conclusion from this.

This Post:
182276.83 in reply to 182276.81
Date: 5/2/2011 11:13:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think they must have some moral code to lose in purpose. I personally would watch opponents skills all the time... even if its kind of lame.

This Post:
182276.84 in reply to 182276.83
Date: 5/3/2011 9:24:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have a (rather baseless, so rather pointless) theory as to why 2-3 zone doesn't work for frigging anybody.

Are you ready to hear it anyway?

OK, here it is: The point guard is important.

I know, can you believe it? It sounds crazy, but the guy bringing the ball up the floor actually needs to be guarded by someone or he's in danger of setting up a successful offense, which could lead to points or other such nonsense.

I'm not in the mood to dig up the matchids, but I'm certain I've seen a few games where a powerful LI team was thwarted by a 3-2 zone with lots of OD. I'm thinking Heathens pulled it off at least once, but can't be arsed to check.

As little sense as it makes, has anyone tried playing a 1-3-1 against LI teams?

Last edited by darykjozef at 5/3/2011 9:25:01 AM

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
Keep your friend`s toast, and your enemy`s toaster.

To: Coco
This Post:
182276.86 in reply to 182276.85
Date: 5/4/2011 12:19:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, after I posted I went through the trouble of finding his match history. It seems massive OD works best against LI teams, which is friggin retarded.

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
Keep your friend`s toast, and your enemy`s toaster.
This Post:
182276.88 in reply to 182276.81
Date: 5/4/2011 6:01:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm saddened that this has four balls, because it's utterly illogical. I'd think that anyone who's read this thread would realize the possibility that the BBs didn't use 2-3 because there is an insufficient number of players in the BB-verse trained to excel in 2-3.

Not to pick on you specifically, but I hope the argument doesn't get reduced to baseless points like this one. It's almost as bad as political debate now.

Advertisement