Help - English > PR-Managers and Merchandise

PR-Managers and Merchandise

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
161577.79 in reply to 161577.78
Date: 10/25/2010 3:45:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The hypothesis is indeed that PRMs manager have a direct impact on merch.
This is vague, and does not explain why or how you believe there is an impact or particular relationship. Science doesn't begin with random data collection, and I don't think this is a good hypothesis. You are of course, welcome to disagree. I'm just trying to be helpful by pointing out where I think you may want to start. Good luck with your efforts.

This Post:
161577.81 in reply to 161577.80
Date: 10/25/2010 4:23:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Uhm.. you mean you don't use animals?

This Post:
161577.82 in reply to 161577.79
Date: 10/25/2010 5:14:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
First of all sometimes it does. I can't make a better hypothesis because there is no previous studies of any kind. The hypothesis can be wrong it's not really important, what's important is to start experimenting on the matter instead of just debating whether or not it has an impact. It's not that random anyway, when you think about it the game manual suggests that PRMs have indeed a direct impact on merchandising, yet we can't put a figure on it.
Public Relations Managers help market the team to the fans, encouraging more people to show up to games and be willing to pay more for tickets

We know it does affect affluence, but we don't know if it's profitable (is the salary compensated by the extra affluence?). Anyway I was replying just to inform everybody that maybe I'll know a little more about PRMs at the end of the season, maybe not, at least I tried. But I agree with you, the results could be proven totaly irrelevant at the end.

This Post:
161577.83 in reply to 161577.82
Date: 10/25/2010 7:38:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I can't make a better hypothesis because there is no previous studies of any kind. The hypothesis can be wrong it's not really important, what's important is to start experimenting on the matter instead of just debating whether or not it has an impact.
First of all, a hypothesis needs to be testable and falsifiable, so the possibility of it being wrong isn't trivial, it is critical. You missed every single point I tried to make, so I'm not sure where to even start. So, my answer is... Yes. Sorry, I'm not criticizing you, I actually feel at fault here for not being able to properly explain myself in a way that is understood.

Edit: OK, I'm giving this one more shot. After making another attempt to understand your post I think this may be a language issue. I have a feeling what you were trying to communicate was that it didn't matter to you about the quality of your hypothesis or objectives, as long as data is actively being gathered (not that it shouldn't be a falsifiable hypothesis). I disagree with this also, and I'll try to explain my position in a way that makes better sense.

The more specific your hypotheses are, the better you can focus your data collection. Otherwise your efforts are being wasted due to excessive data being collected, not enough data being collected, or due to applied variables not satisfying or conflicting with your requirements. It is better to have a detailed and clear hypothesis you really don't like than a fuzzy one you approve of, or what I can only simply describe as random data collection. Call it whatever you like.

It's not that random anyway, when you think about it the game manual suggests that PRMs have indeed a direct impact on merchandising, yet we can't put a figure on it.
Public Relations Managers help market the team to the fans, encouraging more people to show up to games and be willing to pay more for tickets
The quote you referenced to support your statement doesn't. Not only does it not seem to suggest a direct impact, it doesn't even suggest an impact to merchandising. I think this is referring instead to the indirect impact of the marketing of a team's attendance and merchandising through fan surveys. Whatever it means, this doesn't make mass data collection without an idea of what your looking for make any more sense.

I can't make a better hypothesis because there is no previous studies of any kind.
I don't see how a lack of previous study prevents you from making a more useful hypothesis. A hypothesis is an educated guess that does not rely on mounds of data. Experiments are done to test the hypothesis, not to come up with one. Also, what kind of animals do you plan to use? That is almost as important as the white coat

Last edited by bonespawn at 10/25/2010 10:03:48 PM

This Post:
161577.84 in reply to 161577.83
Date: 10/25/2010 10:58:26 PM
Koopasaurus
ABBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Guinea pigs cos they are more cute and fuzzy then the lab rats. On the other hand I believe the BB servers are now ran by a new type of animal instead of the hamsters which were the backbone of the former servers.

With that statement in my opinion it means that better PRM's will give teams with bad fan surveys a better chance at attracting more fans to their arena. This has no direct influence on the MR.

This Post:
161577.85 in reply to 161577.84
Date: 10/25/2010 11:16:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I've changed PR managers a lot over the seasons and every time I increase the PR level I get higher merchandise that week, and everytime I lower my PR manager level my merchandise drops. So that indicates to me that merchandise is definitely affected by PR managers. I don't think there is a way to prove if it is directly affecting or indirectly affecting.

To: RiP
This Post:
161577.87 in reply to 161577.86
Date: 10/25/2010 11:20:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Any numbers I provide aren't going to be helpful bceause I constantly change my roster.
For example I hired a level 4 PR manager this week (I had a level 1 before this), and my merchandise increased by 3k. However, I also bought 4.5 million dollars in players this week, so that could also account for the merchandise rise.

This Post:
161577.88 in reply to 161577.87
Date: 10/25/2010 11:27:48 PM
Koopasaurus
ABBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Your strategy puzzles me. When you were tanking your games you had a level 1 PR and now that your planning on winning games with those new players you go and upgrade your PR to level 4. I was always taught to do the exact opposite.

Get a good PR when you expect to lose a lot of games to offset the decrease in arena attendance.
Get a level 1 PR if you are expecting a 22-0 season since your arena will be packed to the rafters anyways.

This Post:
161577.89 in reply to 161577.88
Date: 10/25/2010 11:38:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well I upgraded the PR manager for a few reasons.
1. I wanted the Specialty to make games easier to win.
2. My arena attendance is low at the moment due to tanking so I'm hoping that winning tonights game plus winning the cup plus my PR manager at level 4 will help me get close to selling out.
Perhaps I should have kept my PR manager at level 4 the whole season, but I figured that the 20k I would save on salary each week is roughly the same as the amount the PR manager would increase my arena attendance by. So I didn't see a point in it.

Advertisement