Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
219433.8 in reply to 219433.7
Date: 6/4/2012 2:51:45 PM
Alley Up
IV.29
Overall Posts Rated:
the luxury tax actually egzist. for every skill level you pay more and more. For example 15 15 15 and 16 16 16 center would have nearly as twice the salary.

well, but in nba luxury tax is divided between other teams, that what you talking about is another thing that not help economy, but kill it...
my idea of salary cap and luxury tax is just the first I have thinked...i don't want give a suggestion, but give an input to improve economic management who is bad in this game...

This Post:
219433.9 in reply to 219433.8
Date: 6/4/2012 3:19:36 PM
Alley Up
IV.29
Overall Posts Rated:
other considerations about bad economy management are these:

1) At the end of last season, there was not a single team who joined later than season-4, on the first division of - Frace and Spain.

2) On Argentina, Italy and Germany there was 1 or 2 teams at their BB-nation's first division.
They have done that by tanking at their first seasons, getting great draft players and selling them for a bit too high price.
They where relegated at the end of that season...

Those 5 BB-nations (the only ones that I've checked) are more than 25% of all BB-community.

3) It is not surprising, as each season we all gain assets (better players, money, arena size, etc.) So, the only diffrentiator is the amount of seasons one plays...

these are other reasons for stable number of users in BB, and not increase because new users stay actice for 2 or 3 sesons, then leave because is very difficult win without have bankrupt...

This Post:
219433.10 in reply to 219433.9
Date: 6/4/2012 4:31:09 PM
Alley Up
IV.29
Overall Posts Rated:
well, this is a new thread on italian help forum: (219496.1)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come guadagnare?

Salve, la mia liquidità è praticamente sempre la stessa, non riesco mai ad avere piu denaro e quindi riuscire a migliorare il roster. Come fare?

I translate:

how to gain?

Hi, my money are ever the same, i never can have more money and then i can't improve my roster. how can i do?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can anyone answers?

This Post:
219433.11 in reply to 219433.9
Date: 6/4/2012 4:38:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
3) It is not surprising, as each season we all gain assets (better players, money, arena size, etc.) So, the only diffrentiator is the amount of seasons one plays...

Buzzerbeater is intended to be a marathon, not a sprint. Users who expect instant gratification will probably have more fun playing a different game. The NBA console series come to mind.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
219433.12 in reply to 219433.11
Date: 6/4/2012 4:46:57 PM
Alley Up
IV.29
Overall Posts Rated:

Buzzerbeater is intended to be a marathon, not a sprint. Users who expect instant gratification will probably have more fun playing a different game. The NBA console series come to mind.

yes, but not after 20 seasons...there are more managers since 5-6-7 season, and they played for 15 seasons, but they have not level the advantage of manager of 1, 2 or 3 season, yet...and after it will go worse...
this is not a marathon, it's the Hundred Years' War

Last edited by zecchin at 6/4/2012 4:55:35 PM

This Post:
219433.13 in reply to 219433.9
Date: 6/4/2012 6:04:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
other considerations about bad economy management are these:

1) At the end of last season, there was not a single team who joined later than season-4, on the first division of - Frace and Spain.

2) On Argentina, Italy and Germany there was 1 or 2 teams at their BB-nation's first division.
They have done that by tanking at their first seasons, getting great draft players and selling them for a bit too high price.
They where relegated at the end of that season...

Those 5 BB-nations (the only ones that I've checked) are more than 25% of all BB-community.

*yawn*

BB Nations making up more than 50% of the BB population have had managers more recent than that in their top league. Cherry picking 5 of the 17 or so nations over 1000 users and then ignoring the others when claiming a game-wide imbalance is pretty foolish.

these are other reasons for stable number of users in BB, and not increase because new users stay actice for 2 or 3 sesons, then leave because is very difficult win without have bankrupt...

I love this -- it's as if each season a team is logged in, the longevity fairy makes a deposit into their account and then they just add to their warchest. Never mind having to pay salaries, which also go up rapidly in the higher divisions. And somehow these five countries' imbalances are precisely the reason that people who join a lower level league, never log in, never participate in the forums and never bother to do a thing are leaving?

I think you (well, Pini, whose work you're parroting) should spend more time figuring out why newer teams in Eesti, Srbjia, Turkey, USA, etc. are able to make it up to the top leagues. If you want to move up, be better than the teams you're looking to compete against, and stop asking for them to be brought down for you, because managers just as new as you who are busy making themselves better instead of trying to play Robin Hood will pass you by.

This Post:
219433.14 in reply to 219433.10
Date: 6/4/2012 6:09:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
well, this is a new thread on italian help forum: (219496.1)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come guadagnare?

Salve, la mia liquidità è praticamente sempre la stessa, non riesco mai ad avere piu denaro e quindi riuscire a migliorare il roster. Come fare?

I translate:

how to gain?

Hi, my money are ever the same, i never can have more money and then i can't improve my roster. how can i do?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can anyone answers?

Next time, try investing money into building an arena and purchasing decent but cheap trainees rather than spending on players -- that team has spent over $1M over their time here on players and really don't have anyone worth training nor players that are really going to be helpful to promote, let alone when (or if) they promote.

I mean, you know, if you take all the money you get, spend it on players and raise your salaries, you'll have no money left over for arena expansion and you'll struggle.

This Post:
219433.15 in reply to 219433.13
Date: 6/4/2012 6:35:11 PM
Alley Up
IV.29
Overall Posts Rated:
in USA just 5 teams of first division born after season 4, and 2 of them are tanking to make money and be relegated in II...
are you sure go better in other nations??
maybe France, Italy, Argentina, Germany and Spain are more competitive nation than your...
in less competitive nations is simple make money without tanking, because you can have a positive balance and be save...last season I have a weekly active of 7/8k, and I'm not relegated thanks playoffs, and I have a 15k arena, just because all my division team was at limit of their balance with salary...
so, if you are not in this situations, have the respect to listen us without give sentences if you don't say...

ps: I'm not Pini parrot, I just take his words to another point of view of my critic...

pps: about other post, you are wrong in that too, because I take the specific case just to say that is not the first thread opened in help forum like that...

This Post:
219433.16 in reply to 219433.15
Date: 6/4/2012 6:48:54 PM
Alley Up
IV.29
Overall Posts Rated:
I see you team...you are in playoff zone in III with a roster that any single team of my old IV division can beat, but take my same tv contract...thank of that you have a 12k arena in 5 season of game...in italy is impossible that...
don't let me laugh...please...

Message deleted

This Post:
219433.18 in reply to 219433.14
Date: 6/4/2012 7:47:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Next time, try investing money into building an arena and purchasing decent but cheap trainees rather than spending on players -- that team has spent over $1M over their time here on players and really don't have anyone worth training nor players that are really going to be helpful to promote, let alone when (or if) they promote.

I mean, you know, if you take all the money you get, spend it on players and raise your salaries, you'll have no money left over for arena expansion and you'll struggle.

you're so smart... do you wear a moustache?

Advertisement