BB Global (English) > The Value of the 3

The Value of the 3

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
244619.8 in reply to 244619.7
Date: 6/22/2013 6:23:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Its funny cause LI is actually punishing teams that have good outside shooters, so it should be stronger not weaker. If you have a good inside attack opposing teams have to collapse and double team inside which free's up wingmen for outside shots/threes.

In BB, LI lowers the effect of outside shooters, which is the opposite of reality. I remember the old bulls teams of the 90's would try to focus on bill cartwright, luc longley at the beginning of games to keep the opposing teams honest, attempting to create more space for jordan/pippen and bj/paxson. As a young fan that idolized jordan it always pissed me off, i just wanted to see MJ take over, not watch elbows cartwright awkwardly try to score inside

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt
This Post:
244619.9 in reply to 244619.8
Date: 6/22/2013 11:22:53 PM
Headless Thompson Gunners
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Canada Purple Haze BC
Amen, makes no sense
If you play LI, all of a sudden your good outside shooters can't shoot
and if you're patient, the ball rarely goes inside

This Post:
244619.11 in reply to 244619.10
Date: 6/23/2013 2:55:38 AM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
I played outside tactics a few times. From my experiences the opponent will try and go after the OS (Outside Shooter) Allowing my Big Man to get easy shots/Js inside (although this is just some small sample out of 30k samples)

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!
This Post:
244619.12 in reply to 244619.8
Date: 6/23/2013 4:01:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Its funny cause LI is actually punishing teams that have good outside shooters, so it should be stronger not weaker. If you have a good inside attack opposing teams have to collapse and double team inside which free's up wingmen for outside shots/threes.

In BB, LI lowers the effect of outside shooters, which is the opposite of reality. I remember the old bulls teams of the 90's would try to focus on bill cartwright, luc longley at the beginning of games to keep the opposing teams honest, attempting to create more space for jordan/pippen and bj/paxson. As a young fan that idolized jordan it always pissed me off, i just wanted to see MJ take over, not watch elbows cartwright awkwardly try to score inside :)

But what are you mentioning is not a LI problem,is a problem that have ALL the tactics in the opposite offense because of GE
LI is yet the most efficient tactics on his primary offense,do you want to get it stronger on outside shooting when the other tactics are worse than LI both in their primary offense and in their opposite offense???LI is yet the most used tactic because of that,a game where everyone is forced to play LI is boring

LI can get stronger on outside where all the GE improves.Actually,the opposite offenses receive a big penalty(a strong hit on outisde shooting for LI,a strong hit on iside shooting on R&G),when in reality the key should be in the quality of the shot:if an inside offense can produce a good shot from the perimeter,and the shooter is good,it shouldn't receive any penalty,nd the same should be for outside tactics(that actually suffer even more this problem)

This Post:
244619.13 in reply to 244619.8
Date: 6/27/2013 5:35:24 AM
Woodbridge Wreckers
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm no expert, but an explenation to this might be that teams running LI generally have teams geared towards it, i.e. they already have guards with lower Jump Range. Maybe outside shooting takes a hit because of the lower JR and not looking to create 3P options first, but saving it as a bailout. Maybe if your driving players also have great passing, they'll create better 3P shots more often, increasing the outside rating. But then again, you'd have perfect players that can score inside, outside, drive and pass. Much like Lebron, and we can't all have Lebrons in our team.

I don't know if this is the case, but to make it work you could try to have more diverse players, like a PG with high DR/PA/IS but no JR (like Tony Parker) and then a Danny Green type player with high JS/JR and no DR/IS. They could work together well in an LI offense, but my guess is not many teams look to add that Danny Green type of player since he has no DR/IS.

Again, I don't know how top teams look like but I think this could explain a little.

This Post:
244619.15 in reply to 244619.14
Date: 6/28/2013 10:37:59 AM
Woodbridge Wreckers
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Do the offensive tactics actually give boosts to the skills specific to the tactic? I thought the offensive tactic merely put the focus on creating certain types of shots, not actually boosting the skills of the player. I can understand the fact that outside shooting is bad because it's not a priority as opposed to running shooters off screens to give them good looks, but are you telling me that a player would have a higher % if he takes the same shot in LI or RnG?

Also, does the LI tactic completely ignore outside shooting by design, or is it because most LI teams don't have high JR so it's never a good option?

This Post:
244619.17 in reply to 244619.16
Date: 6/28/2013 10:57:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thats what data has showed as well. A good outside shooter's skills get boosted in an outside offense and weakened in an inside offense.

Its takes the GE a big step away from reality and not surprisingly, took the community quite some time to confirm.

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt
This Post:
244619.18 in reply to 244619.15
Date: 6/29/2013 2:39:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Do the offensive tactics actually give boosts to the skills specific to the tactic? I thought the offensive tactic merely put the focus on creating certain types of shots, not actually boosting the skills of the player. I can understand the fact that outside shooting is bad because it's not a priority as opposed to running shooters off screens to give them good looks, but are you telling me that a player would have a higher % if he takes the same shot in LI or RnG?

Yes,and that's the biggest fault of the actual GE

Advertisement