Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
247088.8 in reply to 247088.7
Date: 9/4/2013 10:52:45 AM
High Point Heroes
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Fair enough. It's nice to know it has at least been thought about. I would be willing to develop a draft of a new algorithm if it would help get the ball rolling on this.

This Post:
247088.10 in reply to 247088.1
Date: 9/4/2013 11:29:50 AM
HAHA001
IBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe popcorn are not good enough in your arena, so fans stayed at home and watched TV.

If you really want to complain about the attendance, I would blame the general manager who didnt employ the right person to make popcorn nicely.

If you really want some people crying out loud, you should install several speakers inside your arena. That would be loud enough. Unfortunately, BB does not have that function yet.

HAHA...

This Post:
247088.11 in reply to 247088.2
Date: 9/4/2013 11:45:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think you know your own answer here.

I lost my last game last season and knew what was coming, took my lumps and won't let it happen again. At least now you get half of the takings in your next game from a bigger Arena, selling more tickets, your poor last opponent gets gyped with a low paycheck from his one game.

It's still a badly designed game engine for it to work that way.

This Post:
247088.13 in reply to 247088.11
Date: 9/4/2013 5:31:49 PM
Surry Hills Peeps
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I understand that there might be a number of people that feel that it is not optimal and would love to see a change, and fair enough.

What I don't get, is how complaints spring up with so much gusto and blame towards a process or situation that the complainant already knew about, and because they didn't make the adjustment and suffered, they blame the process that is in place and not their own management of the situation (not just this example).

My point is that I knew about the drop in attendance in loosing away games, amounting to a drop in revenue, lost my last game of the season going into the finals (on a gamble), and took the hit, lesson learned.

Everyone has the right to voice their opinions for sure and offer some ideas or solutions (great job procta in this area) just, if you know the game works a certain way at the moment, manage it for now, use it to your advantage, learn from it.

This Post:
247088.14 in reply to 247088.11
Date: 9/4/2013 7:00:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I Really want to talk to bb Marin, I don't see him on the forums , please link me his team id. Because he has a lot of explaining to do for a lot to understand.

If everything is so hard to do, which is not true per-say , I thinks its actually very easy to do, I just think he lacks the funds to do it, that or he doesn't want to upset the bases of the game. A few of things on BB are not right.. They are very small things and do able, none would complain. Just like the op suggested.

I don't see how this hard to do. I really don't. I'm not asking for the formula, or change within it.. Like I said before a lot of managers need some solace on BB. A lot of these things are easy to do, we have some very knowing managers like yourself ,who give great advice in opinions and know what need to be fixed on the highest level down to the lowest. Its get so tired going in circles of the small issues. Its too much repeating of problems going on the forums.

No one is going to go for that for so long, Some may say "oh this manager quit because he couldn't compete and etc". but truth is the game needs some minor improvement in some very small area's the biggest area to me is fixing LI and defensive tactics.

Stuff like the op is suggesting is a easy fix. Just raise the level of the Pr manager over time with the team. He gets better over time as his costing wage rises. Make it so these survey's and etc are worth a actual dam. If the fans are happy 5 balls (stars) and only 8k come out for home game for the playoffs. Then those survey of fan happiness are far fetched.. I could understand a season game, a small market team being played( bad team), but the league division playoffs for the championship are a big big deal. I under stand there's a formula there.

Giving bad or good teams attendance money for making the playoff is not a crime, it actually helps the game. So again I agree with your statement somewhat.

Last edited by Mr. Glass at 9/4/2013 7:05:00 PM

This Post:
247088.16 in reply to 247088.13
Date: 9/4/2013 8:47:39 PM
Neverwinter
CGBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
I support your reasoning.

This Post:
247088.17 in reply to 247088.16
Date: 9/4/2013 11:46:55 PM
High Point Heroes
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Let me just say I did not start this thread to hate on the game or the BBs. Considering the amount of spare time the developers have to spend on it, the game as a whole is very impressive. However, the game has it's quirks and I want to see the game improve so that it's popularity will also grow. This brings me to the point I was originally trying to make.

I had more people(~1,500) attend a game against a 2-20 opponent at the end of the season rather than attending a first round playoff opponent with a much better record. Logically this makes no sense. Perhaps a special case should be made for playoff games? I don't think playoff games should be an automatic sellout, but surely +90% of the stadium should be filled.

Message deleted
Advertisement