BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Nbrs are falling - Buzzerbeater whats wrong & how can it be fixed?

Nbrs are falling - Buzzerbeater whats wrong & how can it be fixed?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
251069.8 in reply to 251069.5
Date: 11/27/2013 3:37:54 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have argued for a long time that new players need at least one good young prospect on their team that they can identify as a franchise player and become attached to. When new teams start with nothing beter than a 19 year old 6th man they have to get random guys from the TL and it reduces the attachment to the game. I think all new teams should start with 3 trainable players of age 21 or less and at least star potential. At least one of them should be no more than 19, $3,000 or higher salary and at least perennial allstar potential. You can pick guys like that up on the TL for $1 but being given one, your guy, your foundation player is so much more classy and fun. Being given a roster of worthless duds just is not fun.

This Post:
251069.9 in reply to 251069.7
Date: 11/27/2013 3:38:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I had a friend sign up sometime ago. Got an 18 year old MVP big in his 1st team and then less then half a season later got a 18 year old HoFer and did not even last 2 full season before his team went broke. It was all too hard to compete with people who have played for seasons and seasons and had buckets of money.

Good point but in some ways its now easier than ever to climb through the ranks because of the capping on arena sizes and the cheap prices of players.

The biggest disadvantage that new Managers face is their lack of Knowledge in the game.

If I was to start off in Div IV, I reckon I could rise through the ranks a lot quicker than what I did the first time around

This Post:
251069.11 in reply to 251069.10
Date: 11/27/2013 3:55:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You might be interested in reading this message by BB-Mark a month ago, as well as the rest of the thread where it is written:
(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/forum/read.aspx?thr...)

In some ways I believe that the game has got better, but such a rapid fall off in numbers is really really scary.

Will the game live long enough, to be totally dominated by my trainees?

This Post:
251069.13 in reply to 251069.12
Date: 11/27/2013 5:02:52 AM
Neverwinter
CGBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
I actually like the market as it is. If there was no high salaried garbage players, BB would just go back through time. People would start training high salaried garbage players.

@Australian guy: Your son wants a chew and spit game, I don't want BB to become one. I like this game, because I plan to play it for a long time.

The best suggestion I can come up with is:
Try to attract more supporters, without making this a pay-to-win game. More money for developing, better gameplay. I guess we'll be able to hire someone to make those smartphone apps, make new skin and whatever.

The best idea I can come up with now:
Make supporters able to create a second team, in another country.

This Post:
251069.14 in reply to 251069.13
Date: 11/27/2013 6:00:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
@Australian guy: Your son wants a chew and spit game, I don't want BB to become one. I like this game, because I plan to play it for a long time.

Hey Mickeyster I think its you who he is referring to as Australian guy.

Back to the topic

Is it just the decline in the number of new Managers entering the game that is causing the decline?

or

Is the "churn rate" of experienced Managers, who drop out of the game, different to what it has been in the past?

Has any research been done of why Managers leave the game and typically who is the type of Manager most likely to leave the game?

Last edited by Sid Vicious at 11/27/2013 6:01:22 AM

This Post:
251069.15 in reply to 251069.14
Date: 11/27/2013 6:35:02 AM
Neverwinter
CGBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry, I didn't notice there were two Australian guys posting. I was referring to Mickeyster

Good point, BBs should analyze what kind of teams are going inactive, if it's experienced managers, maybe the second team idea would help? Give them a new challenge, and get money for developing.

This Post:
251069.16 in reply to 251069.14
Date: 11/27/2013 6:48:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
My 2 cents:

1) proper tactics have been lacking from the game for a looooooong time and that has made the actual games boring. The tactics side of things for the past few seasons has essentially just been "Can my Look Inside beat their Look Inside?".
I'm not sure why this has taken quite so long to address but we finally have something with the game tactics predictor so hopefully that will put some life back in to the gameplay again.

2) Too many benefits from tanking. Not enough is being done to combat tanking i don't think and even the soft cap that has been introduced is still far too low. If you're tanking, the main benefit should be an awesome new trainee or two, not millions of dollars that then gives you an unfair advantage over the teams that have been actually playing the game for seasons on end, putting together the perfect team, training players etc etc

I think most issues are identified by the vast majority of players reasonably quickly but then it can take multiple seasons before they are addressed and often when there is a change, it's so minor that it barely effects anything anyway until a more major change is introduced.
When you're looking at sometimes a year or two of broken gameplay, it's hard to stay motivated to keep playing.

This Post:
251069.17 in reply to 251069.16
Date: 11/27/2013 8:30:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In my opinion a big reason why BB does not generate more users and loses some of the existing user base is its terrible support of mobile devices. Today´s kids use their mobile phones 24/7. They communicate with the phone, they are online with it and most importantly they play games on them.

Last weekend I was on vacation and I experienced firsthand that BB on a mobile device is a big pain in the ass. The menu is not user friendly and when I finally finished in the “set lineup” section I could not change the lineup...we do not have 1998 anymore were you had to play diablo 2 with a ping greater than 1000 because there was no alternative. Nowadays there are too many good free games out there to have such basic flaws IMHO.

From the perspective of a businessman I see great potential in offering a basketball manager app. Especially when it comes to BB. The game has some flaws but in the end it is the best basketball managing game available. Having the best of its kind and not using its full potential is simply a waste of time. And I do not mean my time.

I read somewhere that the makers of BB do not know how to do a app…I also heard they are from Boston…hence go to the MIT, look for a white pimpled guy with big glasses and let him do it. You guys have your game available in the app store with thousands of new potential users and the white pimpled guy with big glasses has one more thing to write about in his flawless CV. Problem solved. ;)

I also agree with DireWolf about the tactics and tanking. Could not have said it better.

Last edited by m0nkey at 11/27/2013 8:31:40 AM

This Post:
251069.18 in reply to 251069.17
Date: 11/27/2013 2:06:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Step 1: Make a BB playable on Facebook
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit

Advertisement