This Post:
286274.8 in reply to 286274.7
Date: 04/14/2017 16:41:01
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
I suspect that's a poor choice of words on their part.

This Post:
286274.13 in reply to 286274.9
Date: 04/16/2017 08:04:41
Ratu BK
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Feels like kinda an insult to me.

An insult? How is it an insult if you get an option to use a player as a staff member? Just choose not to and move on with your team. I think its a fun offer and makes the staff feel more personalized.

This Post:
286274.14 in reply to 286274.13
Date: 04/18/2017 01:56:27
US DAGGERS
IV.33
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
US DAGGERS II
Feels like kinda an insult to me.

An insult? How is it an insult if you get an option to use a player as a staff member? Just choose not to and move on with your team. I think its a fun offer and makes the staff feel more personalized.

I think he has an obvious gripe. Sure you want a player you like as a staff member. But why do you want to pay more for him than the guy you can bid for? Either the salaries of the player staff members should be drastically cut, or the initial purchase price needs to be cut drastically. It's to celebrate 10 years but nobody will really use it because it's not cost effective in any aspect. You can bid on an exceptional trainer with a 20k salary for 2 million so why pay the same 2 million for a guy who's salary is 35k? Leave the high prices and make the salaries of all levels start at 10 to 15k a week. At least that way you will have your player/coach for a very long time before having to replace him. That would make the initial buying price worth paying since this is a 10 year anny one time deal.

This Post:
286274.16 in reply to 286274.15
Date: 04/18/2017 17:05:34
US DAGGERS
IV.33
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
US DAGGERS II
so, don't use it.

ppl also forget about the time it takes to bid for players. you either spend time bidding or wait to find a staff with a suitable deadline. turning a player into staff cuts that out.

we all play the game differently

Most people won't be using it. But I think his point was that they made it sound like it was special and some type of one time gift for the 10 year anny of buzzerbeater. It's a cool feature if you have tons of extra money to waste, but they made it where it's only usable for players with the luxury of wasting a bunch of extra money. Let me rephrase that, they made it where the only real helpful way that it could be used by getting a top tier trainer can only be used by players with tons of extra cash laying around. The Super rich can now waste a ton of money by getting an exceptional or WR trainer in an easier fashion than bidding but to everyone else it's pretty worthless unless you just want to waste it on a low level for the "cool factor". That's all I'm saying. It would have been awesome if it was something where everyone would have the chance to get a trainer level that they normally couldn't get at a decent price at least for a little while. The cost of trainers increases at a solid rate and for most teams it would only last a couple of seasons for them but they would have had some increased training rates for that time period and it could have helped some newer teams grow trainees faster. Since it's just a one time use I think that would have made it worthwhile. I'm not meaning for what I'm saying to come off as complaining about it because I won't be using it, but I think the points that I brought up are valid. It could have been something really cool and beneficial for everyone. Maybe make the prices based on which league level you are in. So D1 would cost you 6 million for top level trainer, D2 cost 4 million, D3 2 million, D4 1 million which is still a lot of money but it would make it possible for everyone to use the feature at least for a limited amount of time.

This Post:
286274.18 in reply to 286274.17
Date: 04/18/2017 21:51:22
US DAGGERS
IV.33
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
US DAGGERS II
I see the good it does when you look at it that way. I was just thinking it could have been something to help teams at all levels and actually been something to help celebrate BB's 10 years. Then again, that's the selfish in me thinking of a way that I would actually use it.

Last edited by AIRFORCE1 at 04/18/2017 21:53:11

Advertisement