Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
298776.8 in reply to 298776.7
Date: 4/1/2019 7:59:37 PM
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for the info. My knowledge is kinda outdated coz I've left the game for a few years, but yes, your explanation is pretty clear. Thanks a lot :D

This Post:
298776.9 in reply to 298776.7
Date: 4/14/2019 8:44:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
So what would you suggest? I know is a relative question but what is ur optimal center or pf with historical potencial? Now days what is more valuable; an inside scorer with low Def of a inside defender? What about driving in inside players?
Sorry for the long question but I've been out of the game for long time and I have a mix of knowledge that I don't even know if is even taking in consideration now.

This Post:
298776.10 in reply to 298776.8
Date: 4/17/2019 9:19:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The problem is that you will need to punt one of the 4 skills or have 2 subpar skills and to be honest nobody really wants to punt RB or IS. RB is the most important of the 4, although it's debatable how high it should be even among elite players and IS is valued because any player with low or mediocre IS, even if their overall TSP is very high and have with elite outside skills, will seriously struggle to score with decent percentages.

Notably teams built around players with SB and limited IS have had very limited success at NT and B3 level.

ID vs SB is an interesting debate, but mostly academical because while it's possible to build a player with 3 elite skills and very low IS/RB or SB, it's nigh impossible to build a player with elite SB and very low ID. ID prevents shots near the rim which in turn make IS on the attacking players less effective. Inside shots and dunks are also a factor of team flow vs outside defense, but generally speaking a player facing a high ID defender will take worse shots and farther from the basket, a player facing a high SB defender will miss more shots although they may be closer to the basket. Both skills will usually reduce the number of shots a player will attempt on offense everything else being equal, which means there are probably diminishing returns in increasing both.

A player with 20 IS will still score with pretty good efficiency against a 18/18 and even 20/21 player, especially if he also has good DR and JS. I know because Ma Anhui (a player I built) had 12/18/17/18, with very high sublevels in RB, and Katarzynsky had x/20/x/21 (SB might have been more, I can't remember) and neither was able to contain Innes (20 IS high DR high JS, mid 140s TSP).

So in conclusion: yes if you punt IS you will have a lower salary (by quite a significant margin) compared to punting other inside skills. Is it advisable for a big man? In my opinion no, even after they strengthened SB. The most effective players I have seen with high ID/SB are PGs with elite PA, low DR and IS and elite ID/SB/RB, they play at PG and defend C: this limits the shots they take, especially in inside tactics (something that would not be achievable playing them as a big man), but make full use of the SB/ID and reasonable use of the RB.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 4/17/2019 9:21:26 AM