Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
302506.10 in reply to 302506.9
Date: 12/14/2019 9:04:14 PM
Edson Rush
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
First, this effect is 100% a result of user behavior.

True but it's also because game mechanics make it possible. BB players differ from their NBA counterparts in many regards. BB players are much more raw when they're first drafted and peak later. Training works differently too. NBA players typically see most improvements happen in the offseason when they have time to develop their game, while BB players improve consistently throughout the season (if they're being trained).

This Post:
302506.12 in reply to 302506.6
Date: 12/15/2019 8:57:19 AM
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Training a player for 10 seasons just to have him competitive for 4-5seasons is abnormal

if your goal is training in general and not to dedicate yourself to a single player, after 6-7 seasons you should've already switched your focus to younger trainees

This Post:
302506.13 in reply to 302506.8
Date: 12/15/2019 11:13:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I feel like you either willingly understand whatever you want from what I said or my English dont let you get my whole point.

My first claim was indeed incorrect since you proved me wrong with your data.That's because in my thought process I didnt consider searching for further data and I just presented some of the not so few examples of players that remain at their prime even during their 34th-35th year of age.

That's where I refer in my first sentence of this post:"His second claim is a game balance/strategy consideration that basically boils down to: it would be nice to have NT level players spend more time at their peak skills before drops happen. There isn't much more to his argument than that."I mean its insane to me that you get that's my only argument for my suggestion but I will quote you again my arguments and hopefully this time you understand!

b) Now the important part of this suggestion is how it will benefit us, users. First of all, it will help teams, that like to train their players and use them to succeed either this is just advancing divisions or in the top level win National Tournament, 1st Division Championship and BBB, have a wider period of success since most players complete their training at the age of 29 so their owners have only 4 seasons to compete without having to suffer from pop downs which is a realy short amount of time considering it takes 11-12 seasons to complete their players' training. Secondly, it will benefit countries with less users, having more competitive National Teams since players will be able to offer their services while they are at their peak for 3 more seasons. That being said for the seasons that weren't drafted MVP+ potential players from non-bot teams, National Teams' ability to compete with countries with more users wont be restricted. Moreover, it will be less likely for new users to get in to the trap of buying players that are experiencing pop downs and hurt their team's success without realising it. In conclusion, users that get in to some kind of a bond with the players they either draft-start training at an early age or are related to their teams' success will have more time to enjoy and take advantage of their players' peak skills.

That's especially the case when essentially all changes related to players skills have gone in the direction of inflating skills. We've gotten the new buildings, the new youth trainer, the widespread adoption of elastic training all leading to increasing skills. If we reduce the age drops, then skills increase further. And yet for a player to still be "good" he'll still need to be trained even more, in order to rise above the new, inflated skill average. That's key here. And that increase in training, which takes a lot of real life time, is what is daunting for newer players. It strongly favors older, more established teams who have finished their arenas and can spend money on buildings and youth trainers. It increases the average strength between divisions, which makes the prospect of advancing up divisions more difficult.

You are vewing things very subjectively because your team is also relatively new so you are using only your point of view in order to comment on my suggestion.Older teams have finished their arenas and might have several millions aside but most of them did many mistakes that new users, which are willing to read the forums, can avoid and this way reduce the gap between the more established teams.Being able to avoid the salary floor for the first 24 weeks is also a huge advantage if used correctly.You can complete your arena in ~6 seasons and be in 1st division in a country, with enough actives users to complete 4 divisions,in ~10-12 If you devote enough time to learn the game at least at 85%.In conclusion,I think its fair for the older teams to have an advantage since this game is all about patience and they have all been exremely patient to play the game for so

Message deleted
This Post:
302506.15 in reply to 302506.10
Date: 12/15/2019 11:38:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
@Big Njord

Third, the only solutions you mention are to have careers extended or make training faster. Another solution is to make training speed 0% after age 27 or 28. That would also do the job. The small increase in average ability from 26-29 could be considered increasing experience, not actual skill increase.

That's a pretty good suggestion, that could have same effects as my initial suggestion since the amount of time that players would be at their peak is from 29 to 35 and in yours they would be from 26 to 32. I think it's better than mine and I realy think it would be benefitial if it gets implemented.

@O Bear

True but it's also because game mechanics make it possible. BB players differ from their NBA counterparts in many regards. BB players are much more raw when they're first drafted and peak later. Training works differently too. NBA players typically see most improvements happen in the offseason when they have time to develop their game, while BB players improve consistently throughout the season (if they're being trained).

100% agreed with O Bear on that and that's why I think Big Njord's suggestion would be closer to reality than mine while having similar effects.

This Post:
302506.16 in reply to 302506.15
Date: 12/16/2019 5:38:41 AM
Jerusalem TET
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jerusalem TET Utopia
IMO, the age of 33 is quiet fine for starting the popdowns, but I'd change the way and reduce the randomness effect for those popdowns to happen. For example, this season my 33 y.o. NT star suddenly double dropped in OD with another drop in ID during one training, while my 40 y.o guard who is 3-rd season in my team still has 17 OD without any single drop there during all those 3 seasons! I'm absolutely convinced that at the ages 33-35 double drops should never happen and there should be a max cap of fractural drop depending on the age, so maximum one season drop per skill at the ages 33-34. On the other hand, tripple and even quadrable drops should be very common at the ages near to 40. There are very few individuals like Duncan in reality.

Last edited by ig at 12/16/2019 5:39:04 AM

To: ig
This Post:
302506.17 in reply to 302506.16
Date: 12/17/2019 3:38:46 PM
Detroit Mercy Mavericks
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
GoFarsr Revolutions
I never had the issue of double drops but just as bad as that is one of my guys dropping in a skill every week for 7 weeks straight at the age of 33...People decline as they age yes BUT that's excessive...

Something else that may have already been brought up for this discussion... Add more value to certain members of the team staff that effect players health. If i'm not mistaken, the nutritionist only affects stamina. It would make sense that having a good team doctor and nutritionist would have a combined effect of slowing player decay. Take a good Doctor, Trainer with career extension skill, and good Nutritionist and players shouldn't really have much if any skill drops until 35 or 36.

Some of the staff both primary and secondary simply are not worth the money when looking at what they bring to your organization. A nutritionist that literally only barely affects stamina according to the game manual is almost definitely a waste and in real life, Nutrition plays a much bigger role on athletes than just a tiny effect on their stamina.

Last edited by Naeem at 12/18/2019 9:24:27 AM

This Post:
302506.18 in reply to 302506.17
Date: 12/18/2019 2:25:29 AM
Jerusalem TET
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jerusalem TET Utopia
I have a career extension trainer and still it did not prevent this astonishing double drop.