BB Rep. to Nederlands

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
30704.8 in reply to 30704.7
Date: 05/22/2008 05:23:27
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi Mark,

I am Rijswijker and NT Coach of NEDERLAND in BB. In real life I am a manager in a trading company and I am graduated in Marketing and Management. Having said this I thought I just give my two cents on this topic and give you a brief introduction of NEDERLAND:

NEDERLAND is soccer crazy. I believe many people here have watched the Champions League final yesterday seeing the dutch goal keeper block the decisive penalty. Being soccer crazy as we are; naturally soccer PC/ARCADE games are immensly popular.

The Online Soccer Manager has been mentioned before; of course HATTRICK is huge. Footbal Manager LIVE will be released soon. So drawing some attention from there can be useful. Of course you already have done Hattrick which is the truly MASTER move. Its sports; its management and free. It was very very unfortunate that exactly when the partners page was released at HT; the huge amount of traffic was not foreseen. I think that was a real oportunity missed. Our ducth community dropp from 500 to 300 range again. And my guess it will go down another 100.

But this topic was not meant for this but how to improve the community:

Sports forums: I dont know; if any.
Community forums like Facebook: www.hyves.nl and MSN LIVE.

Personally I believe it will be very challenging to attract more users (profit wise) from NEDERLAND. Basketball is not hugely popular as an activity; which is the opposite in your mentioned Lietuva or Latvia. Sports popular in Nederland: Football(soccer), Hockey, Tennis, All round skating. Much lesser community but about the same popularity ranking: basketball; volleyball; swimming; Judo.

I try to think of a media where BB can be introduced. But finding the correct target audience and media is pretty hard. Because as I mentioned earlier: basketball is not popular and you also need people who like PC management games. I hope some elses read this and may come up with a magazine or any other media which BB can be advertised.

www.hyves.nl and MSN LIVE attract the most PC users on a day in NEDERLAND but very few will be your target audience.

I would appoach similar web management sites(not only dutch users) and try to get attention there by banners: Hattrick, Planetarion; WOW; Conan and FOOTBALL MANAGER LIVE.

I would like to help out but do not feel fitted enough to apply for Marketing Associate. So this is a bit of nothing or something. I hope this helps you enlighten your view better.

See you guys on court,

Rijswijker

yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."

This Post:
30704.9 in reply to 30704.8
Date: 05/22/2008 05:47:01
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello,

I saw buzzerbeater for the first on the forum of real-life BB club. I don't if it's possible to maybe post some info about Buzzerbeater on sites of bb-clubs.

BGcc

This Post:
30704.10 in reply to 30704.7
Date: 05/22/2008 11:10:59
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't know if you are intrested in more users for Belgium too, but I do know a few Belgian basketball forums where you can advertise...

So maybe you can let me know anything about Belgium and the expansion of users?

Viva.

This Post:
30704.11 in reply to 30704.8
Date: 05/23/2008 01:19:47
Molson Canadians
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for the advice, Rijswijker! I'd certainly like to try talking with some of the Netherland forums and see if I can arrange a link, banner, or news post exchange.
Cheers!

To: BGcc
This Post:
30704.12 in reply to 30704.9
Date: 05/23/2008 01:21:49
Molson Canadians
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Good idea -- do you know of any such sites?
Thanks!

This Post:
30704.13 in reply to 30704.10
Date: 05/23/2008 01:22:39
Molson Canadians
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey Viva,
I certainly won't turn down Belgian users :-) Just let me know what sites you know of, and we can start contacting them about exchanges.

This Post:
30704.14 in reply to 30704.13
Date: 05/23/2008 07:46:47
Overall Posts Rated:
OK, I'll make a list this weekend! ;-)

This Post:
30704.15 in reply to 30704.1
Date: 09/06/2008 09:05:20
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi BB-Mark,

Advertising at the site of the 'Nederlandse Basketball Bond' might be a good idea. 'Nederlandse Basketball Bond' means Dutch Basketball Federation.

The site of the main federation: http://nbb.basketball.nl/content.php , E-mail:unfortunately I haven't found a e-mailadress of the webmaster.

It might also be an idea to advertise at the 5 regional sites of the dutch basketball federation in the 5 different regions of the dutch basketball federation. Namely:

Region Noord Holland
http://www.dunk.nl/
E-mail: nbb-nh@dunk.nl

Region North
http://www.bbrayonnoord.nl/
E-mail: rayonnoord@basketball.nl

Region East
http://www.rayonoost.nl/
E-mail: info@rayonoost.nl

Region South
http://www2.basketball.nl/rayon/zuid/
E-mail: rayonzuid@basketball.nl

Region West
http://west.basketball.nl/site/index.php?id=28
E-mail: info@west.basketball.nl

But I haven't got a clue, how much people visit those sites, maybe somebody else here can tell you those things. I'm not at home in the Basketbalworld in the Netherlands, that's why I'd like other dutch guys to comment the idea.

Greetings,

Arsjitekt

This Post:
30704.16 in reply to 30704.15
Date: 09/07/2008 06:02:41
Overall Posts Rated:
That is a really good plan, but it's also a smart idea to post something about BB on the forums of the clubs, especially the big ones.
I got in touch with BB through such a forum and I'm playing at a small club.
Maybe this can work also.

The only thing is, I don't know if all the clubs have a forum.
I think that the idea of Arsjitekt is really good!

This Post:
30704.17 in reply to 30704.16
Date: 10/28/2008 13:00:07
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok er gaat hier iets niet helemaal goed hehe. Er komen honderden users per dag bij en bij Nederland stagneert het of daalt het zelfs. 381 teams op dit moment dat mag wel wat meer.

Zijn er nog wat geweldige ideeen om hier verandering in te brengen?

This Post:
30704.18 in reply to 30704.17
Date: 10/28/2008 13:12:45
Overall Posts Rated:
Sponsors in het Eredivisie basketbal! :p Lekker duuuur! Dat gaat natuurlijk niet werken weet ik zelf ook wel, maar wat wel kan is bijvoorbeeld banners laten plaatsen op grote basketbalverenigingen van Nederland voor een kleine betaling. Clubs hebben altijd wel geld nodig!

Last edited by Wout! at 10/28/2008 13:13:53

Advertisement