no deflation?

Set priority
Show messages by

To: Coco
This Post:
48978.8 in reply to 48978.7
Date: 9/7/2008 8:45:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Just over a week ago 2 C's (Paolo Paranaense and Eddy Mathiot) were sold for around 5 million... Eddy went for 7 million last season.

This Post:
48978.9 in reply to 48978.1
Date: 9/7/2008 9:54:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
there are some teams which still have the possibility to earn money from their home matches, because they have a huge number of ticket holders and their national division is not so competitive (for exemple in canada, japan..)..so you can see some of these teams that have the monopoly of the market..Other teams in big nations (for exemple in italy and spain) are completely excluded from the market..

This Post:
48978.10 in reply to 48978.9
Date: 9/7/2008 10:08:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Wow, you think that division I in Canada is not competitive? I must really suck as a manager, then. Well, I guess I already knew that.

I understand that there is a 20-30% deflation for high level players and maybe some for lower level players. But I'm surprised that the best players in BB still sell for 5-6 million. These guys have salaries at around $60,000. My team could barely afford one of those guys - two of them would send me into an economic tailspin.

To me it makes sense that the balanced guys at $20,000-30,000 salary keep their value. I could afford 5-6 of them and still field a competitive team.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
48978.11 in reply to 48978.9
Date: 9/7/2008 10:12:29 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
there are some teams which still have the possibility to earn money from their home matches, because they have a huge number of ticket holders and their national division is not so competitive (for exemple in canada, japan..)..so you can see some of these teams that have the monopoly of the market..Other teams in big nations (for exemple in italy and spain) are completely excluded from the market..

Attendance from league games, cup games and bb3 games plus tv contract and merchandizing minus player salaries and staff nets my team about $25,000 a week (sales of back-up trainees netted profits to make two major purchases on the market for me). I am not sure how oeuftete is doing, but I suspect it is about the same. Canada is actually quite competitive - not enough to enter in the strongest league debates, but 4 or 5 of our teams could probably reach at least .500 in Serie A or the NBBA. So don't blame Canada ...

This Post:
48978.13 in reply to 48978.11
Date: 9/7/2008 10:29:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

Attendance from league games, cup games and bb3 games plus tv contract and merchandizing minus player salaries and staff nets my team about $25,000 a week (sales of back-up trainees netted profits to make two major purchases on the market for me). I am not sure how oeuftete is doing, but I suspect it is about the same. Canada is actually quite competitive - not enough to enter in the strongest league debates, but 4 or 5 of our teams could probably reach at least .500 in Serie A or the NBBA. So don't blame Canada ...

do you have the same record of stella rossa japigia(26839)(5-2) but you have a huge attendance (16000 toroo ticket holders VS 11000 stella rossa ticket holders, with the same ticket prices) who can let you to have better players and money to spend in the market..now it’s up to you to have the monopoly of the market, but in few seasons (when canada will become stronger) there will be some teams in al jazair, or in Hanguk, or in Nigeria (or in other little nations with a single leader for several seasons), which will control the market..I don’t think that it’s the right way..:)

Last edited by mr_burns (goodbye BB!) at 9/7/2008 10:30:28 AM

This Post:
48978.14 in reply to 48978.13
Date: 9/7/2008 10:39:54 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree that I have an advantage over teams like stella rossa japigia - primarily due to my early run of championships in Canada that gave me more season ticketholders (but are almost now equal). And that advantage is that I was able to secure higher price players more easily in the past. However, because I have higher salaries, I now have no further abilities to be active on the market than stella rossa japigia.

The point about smaller countries such as Japan or al jazair is quite valid as I know some teams that are trying to build up nest eggs for future big runs on the transfer market. I don't know a solution - I assume the BB's is to hope that those countries grow, preventing such a strategy from reaching success.

This Post:
48978.15 in reply to 48978.14
Date: 9/7/2008 11:04:03 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
im expecting next year to be much bigger effect on the transfer merket

a lot of players are still living on the money they have earn from tha pass seasons

eventually i think mostly of the teams will be balance by then

This Post:
48978.16 in reply to 48978.15
Date: 9/7/2008 1:45:30 PM
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
I've listened some rumors regarding a big bug in the season 1 or 2... With that bug some teams had let me say 6k fan basis instead of 2/3k, of course we can't compete with them in any way, they will have forever better incomes than us, that's the first point. The second one is still related to the DT that now seems finished but that was limited with a delay so you can still see teams with 9$ millions cash. When they will decide to buy a player 4/6 millions aren't a big problem. Third I've to quote Burns and Dr cause in a competitive regular season you don't have money to invest in arena cause you've to pay high salaries to your players if you don't want to play in second division next season. No matter if Canada, Nigeria or other countries everyone knows where there are teams making profit and where you've to care to keep the break even point.

1990-2022 Stalinorgel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-Xppl6h8Et

To: ned
This Post:
48978.17 in reply to 48978.16
Date: 9/7/2008 2:06:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
With that bug some teams had let me say 6k fan basis instead of 2/3k

Just to clarify, that is 6k season ticket holders. The first 3 seasons, teams that won D1 championships received a huge increase in STH as if they were promoting to a higher division. This was fixed starting for the season 4 league champs, and teams that won the first few seasons and had 5-6k+ season ticket holders are steadily coming back to the now roughly 4k cap.

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt
This Post:
48978.18 in reply to 48978.17
Date: 9/7/2008 5:10:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Coming back to the original topic I have the same reception stated above, that top players have lost value (or better: marketability) while there are way too many players going for 7 digits.

To me there are two explanations:

One is that many managers simply don't realize that they pay too much. Why too much? Because even good training won't make them much more expensive and worse: this particular type of players will soon be worth less, because e.g. OD8+JS8+7something wages (...) isn't that hard to produce...

Second - and really exiting - we have a tremendous wave of new users. Every day there are a lot of new users and this definetely leads to more money in the market. It takes some time before this will reach the top level. (More players buying selling at low prices first, then middle level, then high level and finally top level.)

Advertisement