BB Global (English) > Season 8 Changes

Season 8 Changes

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
72142.80 in reply to 72142.77
Date: 2/25/2009 6:03:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If it has 27, you better all communicate well. As the champ, shouldn't you be setting an example to your community anyway? In England, Da bomby has produced our best prospect among this year's 21 year olds.

sorry but this is way too funny. telling the japanees players too communicate better. i have been quite active, i think one off the more active players in the england community and i think there were 3 players that have visited and commented on the english NT forums. Even although we have tried to get players involved alot more.

when we wanted to show NT potential players skills noone wanted to disclose this info to the other players, because it would give competitors a huge disadventage.

What should they communicate in the japanees league? disclose players ratings so they can trade or train players and than at a later date trade them?

To: Coco
This Post:
72142.81 in reply to 72142.79
Date: 2/25/2009 6:09:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
we have had it too easy? LOL... i have seen many players in big leagues say this about the smaller leagues.

I can assure you that I have 1 regret and 1 regret only. That is that i picked a small league to start in. I want a fun game and not get promoted to the first league and not have a challenge getting there. you should feel priviliged that you get worth for your time/money.

Let me give you one example that you are oh so wrong that we are having it easy. If I would play a div IV team in Italy or USA, I always get hammered. Simply because their teams are better than mine. They started later than I did. So how on earth are their teams so much better? Maybe because the stiff competition makes you better? ps no that doesnt make me a bad coach, i am training for the long term, so I bet that in a season or 2 my team will be better than theirs.

But on the other side, you havent given any facts or reasoning why it would be a good change. so hope not too many people take it as serious as i do :)

Last edited by Astragoth at 2/25/2009 6:10:35 AM

This Post:
72142.82 in reply to 72142.80
Date: 2/25/2009 6:17:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In England, a lot gets done on BB mail.
You don't need to compare stats, the NT coach just needs to lead training development. Hence no need to publish NT teams stats and harm the club competition.
But, yes, there was some irony in my post. I think you missed it.

This Post:
72142.83 in reply to 72142.81
Date: 2/25/2009 6:18:02 AM
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
wow, talk about overreacting... we don't even know what they mean with "fair to countries of different sizes"

Last edited by mark_lenders at 2/25/2009 6:18:13 AM

To: Coco
This Post:
72142.85 in reply to 72142.84
Date: 2/25/2009 6:32:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i know what you mean. what is an active user? Basketball isnt a big sport in the uk. we might have 520 coaches loging in on a regular basis, this doesnt mean they are really active. I am sure you know what I mean. And yes, Japan has it even harder than us.

I know the thread you made a link too. I have read it. And the clear outcome might have been clear to you but it isnt that clear. if the smaller countries have had such an easy ride, why do they perform so badly in the BBB? Anyway. we have another thread for that :)

This Post:
72142.86 in reply to 72142.77
Date: 2/25/2009 6:34:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'll highlight the most amusing part of this reply.

Japan, or any country, needs 15 managers prepared to one position train a domestic prospect alongside an international prospect to have a competitive u21 in two seasons time, an NT in four.

I think in my election speech when trying to once gain the England U21 managers role I outlined exactly this! Its nice to see that my words didnt fall directly on deaf ears...

but are you suggesting all managers directly competing with one another sit cosily around a table and divide out the fruits of our traning labour?!! HA

As Champ the example I show is to educate where possible how managers in the chasing pack and aspiring 1st division managers can better their decisions to help close the gap. These are merely opinions stemmed from my experience and done so in confidence that i dont need to keep information I believe gives me an advantage from anyone. Ive done this now for those that want to listen both inside and outside of Japan and will continue to do so.

What I wont do is as you suggest set an example that weakens my team uneccessarily. If your aspirations this season are to stabilize a position in the EBBL and not to challenge for honors then its 'nice for you' to be a community spokesman and lead the way admirably is single position training until you can compete at the business end of the table.

As for the swings and roundabouts quip; am I supposed to never aim higher than domestic success... if i opt to cut salaries and overshoot I can with bad luck/injuries lose my crown for what ($100k a week?!) at some point I will want to make a run at the BB3 and in 3 seasons I save $4mil odd which buys me 1 player (or more seats!) that at present i cant see how would improve my team considerably.

There is an angle and take on every new decision announced and my retort is an immediate reaction to how I initally read into how it will effect me (and in turn many more like me in smaller nations)

If you have a counter response, no problem at all but at least let it be one that makes sense.

Do you think I enjoy being in the position I am in.. Id rather be in an Asian Superleague or perhaps transfer across to my country of domicile... you better not hope for the 2nd as you will have a mighty bare trophy cabinet from here on in.

This Post:
72142.87 in reply to 72142.81
Date: 2/25/2009 6:35:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Get to the EBBL, then slag it off. You are some way from doing that.

This Post:
72142.88 in reply to 72142.87
Date: 2/25/2009 6:37:20 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Get to the EBBL, then slag it off. You are some way from doing that.

Transfer me to the EBBL I'm english i only live in Japan... please please.

This Post:
72142.89 in reply to 72142.87
Date: 2/25/2009 6:38:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i make a bet with you. my guards are going to be super players and in 3-4 seasons time they will challnge for MVP in the EBBL. I set up a plan to make the most from training and yes I am willingly and on purpose still miles away from the EBBL...

This Post:
72142.90 in reply to 72142.89
Date: 2/25/2009 6:43:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
yeah, right.

And another guard-training team is just what England needs. Let's see how they match up to Snyder and Shields in II.1 first.
Anyway, this is getting off topic.

Advertisement