This Post:
182720.82 in reply to 182720.80
Date: 5/16/2011 1:10:00 PM
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
Some believe me and you ca even see it by yourself, you can earn 50k/week more if your draft players play in your championship team, 50k/week is a lot of money. Try and then let me know.

In Italy is not so strange to find 2 bot teams challenge each other in the Ivth cup games and you can find a second division team against a first division in the first match. I ask only to kill the bots asap.

About the TV game and the rival it can be good or not but you must say that the luck is behind these matters.

There is no difficult in the countries involved here, we are in the same situation, if I'm sure to have a good young, I will spend a lot of money to have it, cause this guy will bring me more merchandising and because after 14 seasons I prefer to train a player from zero but simply I can't have this option today. Believe me merchandising is strictly related to the "native" players you've in roster playing in a championship game.

1990-2022 Stalinorgel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-Xppl6h8Et

To: ned
This Post:
182720.83 in reply to 182720.82
Date: 5/16/2011 8:37:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Are people still complaining about the draft?

Wow...lol

This Post:
182720.84 in reply to 182720.83
Date: 5/17/2011 2:54:39 AM
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
What about the weather in USA?

This Post:
182720.85 in reply to 182720.82
Date: 5/17/2011 5:34:02 PM
Cruesli
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The Milk
you're externalising your problems too much.

Merchandise
Yes, if your good players are original drafts that earns you extra money. This is partly luck, but most of all A LOT of training them for seasons in a row and possibly spending money into the draft. Even if you have an excellent original drafted playe rin your team this difference will not even be close to 50k Merchandise in D.II.

Other options to influence this yourself:
- Buy Italian stars. Your 3 best players are not Italian -> you get less Merchandise -> Nothing to do with luck, just your choice in buying players.
- Train someone to be an U21 or NT star. This earns you nice extra merchandise -> Not luck, just takes some investment from you

If you have 50k less merchandise than others in your division it's mostly you that is to blame.

rival
Having a strong rival can be tough. Still I know that with my team whether I lose or win games depends most of all on how I handle my enthusiasm in the games prior to it and on gameday, what my tactics are, what my line-up is, how I handled my gameshape, etc.

You can say that luck is involved, but it's not "all" luck and not even close.

The following statement
Draft today is ONLY luck
is too extreme. The draftpool of your division is based on luck (and even this luck factor has a certain standard deviation and is not completely random). Whether or not you can get the best player out of it is mostly based on your own choices.

Last edited by Tesse at 5/17/2011 5:37:27 PM

Crunchy! If you eat fast enough

This Post:
182720.86 in reply to 182720.85
Date: 5/17/2011 6:10:19 PM
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
No dude sorry, I started talking about draft and then the discussion has taken the direction "the luck in BB".
Pls don't try to learn something that you don't know about your explaination, I try to be more polite as I can but I can't accept that you suggest something that is not true, merchandising in not related to the players that you've in the NT, this is only an aspect of the merchandising, the players MUST be drafted by you if you wanna have a good merchandising.

About the rival try to imagine to have as opponent Hostivar, you can try to do something when you play in your arena but I think that I will prefer to have a bot as rival, don't you agree? Who decides your rival? And draft is only luck, I will write your team name and at the end of the season I'll see what you choices made as draft result ;)

At the end coming back to your first sentence probably I'm the only one to have what you call "problems" I don't think so and in any case sometime is good to talk about buzerbeater instead of tons of useless posts. When you open a discussion the guys involved see black or white, random can be acceptable too much random = luck, I don't want to discuss again about draft I see a lot of people said enough about it the discussion left the draft and is now more about luck and BB, no flames so if someone wants to say something is not because they have some problems :p

This Post:
182720.87 in reply to 182720.86
Date: 5/17/2011 6:31:43 PM
Cruesli
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The Milk
Writing my teamname down for my draftchoices is fine. But this season I'm not planning to spend draft points sinc eI plan to be #1. With the new system I can safe my draftpoints for when I promote and will have a harder time.

Merchandising is related to having players play in the NT/U21. It's also related to whether you have players from your own nation or foreigners. It's even related to whether your players are at the top of their league when it comes to rebounds, assists, points, etc. And yes, it is also related to whether or not your good players were drafted by you or not.

Yes having a rival as Hostivar would be tough. That is however an extreme example and unrealistic/impossible for a second division team.

I called it problems, but the important part is the "externalising". Look at what you can influence yourself and start there. Looking at your team I can see that there's room to improve your merchandise by making different choices. Realising that your merchandise is most of all low because of the choices you made is called "internalising" the problem. Blaming outside sources for what is happening is "externalising" the problem. The word "problem" is not meant in an offensive way, but just a word I use to describe your mention of having a merchandise that you'd want to be higher.

Crunchy! If you eat fast enough

This Post:
182720.88 in reply to 182720.87
Date: 5/17/2011 6:41:56 PM
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
No problem at all with you of course ;)
It was a "common" post addressed to everyone. I can understand that for your BB is perfect and you don't want to change it writing post you can change my point of view and I can do the same with you. At the end only the BBs can take a decision and honestly they changed the draft just now so a new draft system will be here in season 32 :p

This Post:
182720.89 in reply to 182720.82
Date: 5/17/2011 10:11:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
No matter how many times you tell me that merchandising is only about your own drafted players, I don't believe you. Why? because I have only one draftee on my team (an 18 year old who has played a total of 84 minutes for me) and I make around 30k more than the league average.

Sure luck is involved, but in what sport is luck not involved in terms of scheduling? Do you think Blackpool wants to play Man U. on the final game of the season with relegation on the line? I can see your point about the rival, but only if I strip away all of the fun and light-heartedness and "game" aspect of it and look at BuzzerBeater with a cold and hardened eye.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
182720.90 in reply to 182720.89
Date: 5/18/2011 4:16:02 AM
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
Well in Italy is 50k/week, 30k/week is quite a lot don't you think? You can pay a salary of a decent player with this money or not? And then you don't believe me... O_o"

I agree about random and luck but I'd like to say: "pls not too much, thanks" that's all

This Post:
182720.91 in reply to 182720.90
Date: 5/18/2011 4:21:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
My point was that I make 30k more than the league average but almost every other team in the league starts at least one if not two draftees. I have one draftee on my team who never plays yet my merch is much higher.

This Post:
182720.92 in reply to 182720.81
Date: 5/18/2011 5:04:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well there is now on the market a 18 yo player that will be sold for 4 m

And if this happens, then you make 3,400,000.

So what's your point? Both things can happen. Why should anything be guaranteed? That is lame. If you do everything right (ie- spend max cash and scout as optimally as possible) and have a higher pick than someone and you get screwed it's your own fault for poor evaluation as much as it is for there being luck or random or whatever.
And if you spend even a nickel if you don't think there's much chance of you to get a decent pick, that is your fault as well. I have bought 0 scouting points since the draft was changed. And let me tell you, I have drafted what I've paid for!

Last edited by somdetsfinest at 5/18/2011 5:04:27 AM

Advertisement