BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Season 26 Feedback Topic

Season 26 Feedback Topic (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
252782.82 in reply to 252782.81
Date: 12/30/2013 9:27:09 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It has one more importent thing. I suppose that if i train my players during the season my training exception will increase too!

This Post:
252782.83 in reply to 252782.82
Date: 12/30/2013 9:45:54 AM
Neverwinter
CGBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Good point! But I don't think so, since, well, you're not paying that salary anyway :) Real salary calculation, during the purchase, is probably an exception, to prevent system abuse.

But yeah, we need definite answers from BBs on these two questions.

1. Does the salary limit take real salary into account?
2. Does the exception grow weekly?

Last edited by Aleksandar at 12/30/2013 9:47:04 AM

This Post:
252782.85 in reply to 252782.84
Date: 12/31/2013 8:04:55 AM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Last season there was a change to the salary formula to make JR and SB cheaper than before. A lot of players were bought or drafted before this change. The training exemption is said to calculate the difference between current salary and salary when signed. Does the calculation use the actual salary when signed, which would have been under the old formula, or what it would have been under the new formula?

This Post:
252782.86 in reply to 252782.84
Date: 12/31/2013 1:20:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Sorry for forgetting to add this to the questions BB-Marin have already asked.
Well the official answer is that the GDP is reflected in team ratings. The pp100 are affected similarly.

Could you elaborate this a little more?
1) If I guess inside oriented tactic and guess is wrong, is it mine inside defense rating which is lower or both defense ratings? And pp100 higher for opponents players and especially for outside players?
2) If I guess inside oriented tactic and guess is correct, again, my defense ratings are higher? What is impact for opponents pp100, all lower, only for inside players?

Another question, is the impact similar (size) for guessing orientation and pace? Is there some kind of bonus for guessing both (orientation and pace) right?

This Post:
252782.87 in reply to 252782.86
Date: 12/31/2013 3:10:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I will answer your last question about bonuses for the GDP.

Another question, is the impact similar (size) for guessing orientation and pace? Is there some kind of bonus for guessing both (orientation and pace) right?

From the Game-Day Prediction Feature post last season:

Just like we announced at the start of the season (we are a bit late with the implementation, though, sorry about that), the new feature enables you to prepare your players with a last minute pre-match talk, by telling them what kind of offense their opponents are going to use. It will give them an edge over the opponents if you predict it right using these two categories: focus (which can be inside, outside or balanced) and/or pace (which can be fast, slow or normal). On the other hand, in case you missed the prediction, your players will get a penalty due to a bit of confusion and wrong expectations. The penalty is not as severe if you didn't predict the exact opposite of the actual focus or pace, meaning, it's not as bad if you prepared them for an inside focused offense and they played a balanced one than if they played a outside based offense and you missed completely. Of course, you don't have to make the prediction about either focus or pace, if you don't want to. Penalty can also be avoided by not using the GDP at all.

I believe that only guessing the focus right has a slightly higher impact than only guessing the pace right. However, I am not completely sure about this and will need some clarification about it. Are the offense and pace prediction features weighted the same or differently?

This Post:
252782.88 in reply to 252782.87
Date: 1/1/2014 9:02:15 AM
Kitakyushu
ASL
Overall Posts Rated:
Question: Does the training exemption only count when calculating the Overextension Tax?

I was hoping the training exemption would be subtracted from my player salaries during the Financial Update too. But it seems that is not the case.

This Post:
252782.89 in reply to 252782.88
Date: 1/1/2014 9:51:37 AM
Ghost Masters
BLNO
Overall Posts Rated:
Overextension tax would definitely damage my economy, but information that I can buy a player with salary over 3.2 M cheers me up :)

This Post:
252782.91 in reply to 252782.80
Date: 1/1/2014 2:54:34 PM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
Let me try and answer a couple of your questions, here's the first set from Koperboy:
So the same applies to max salary you can buy? If a D.IV can buy players with max salary 50k, can he buy a 40k player whose real salary is 60k because of training? Following your logic, he cannot. But if he's a bit new to this, he may get confused.

Only the visible salary is limited when the rank based restriction is applied, so, to answer your example directly, a 40k player with a 60k worth of skill is acquirable by a team with a 50k limit.

Similarly, questions by Aleksandar:
1. Does the salary limit take real salary into account?
2. Does the exception grow weekly?

1. No
2. No

A question by GullyFoyle:
Last season there was a change to the salary formula to make JR and SB cheaper than before. A lot of players were bought or drafted before this change. The training exemption is said to calculate the difference between current salary and salary when signed. Does the calculation use the actual salary when signed, which would have been under the old formula, or what it would have been under the new formula?

New formula.

Another set by Codemasters:
1) If I guess inside oriented tactic and guess is wrong, is it mine inside defense rating which is lower or both defense ratings? And pp100 higher for opponents players and especially for outside players?
2) If I guess inside oriented tactic and guess is correct, again, my defense ratings are higher? What is impact for opponents pp100, all lower, only for inside players?

1) Just the outside defense rating. Pp100 should be higher for outside players of the opponents due to your lowered outside defense.
2) Yes, your inside defense ratings are higher. Opponents pp100 is lower only for inside players.
We do not want to disclose the focus vs pace impact ratio at this moment. We believe there should be some things left to our managers to find out for themselves. The same applies the to the bonus question.

This Post:
252782.92 in reply to 252782.91
Date: 1/1/2014 3:22:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Another set by Codemasters:

1) Just the outside defense rating. Pp100 should be higher for outside players of the opponents due to your lowered outside defense.
2) Yes, your inside defense ratings are higher. Opponents pp100 is lower only for inside players.
We do not want to disclose the focus vs pace impact ratio at this moment. We believe there should be some things left to our managers to find out for themselves. The same applies the to the bonus question.

Thanks for clarification.

How about guessing pace then? E.g. I guess only fast pace and opponent has selected Motion offense (not fast). Will this also impact (=lower) for my outside defense ratings?

Advertisement