BB Global (English) > Season 8 Changes

Season 8 Changes

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
72142.86 in reply to 72142.77
Date: 2/25/2009 6:34:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'll highlight the most amusing part of this reply.

Japan, or any country, needs 15 managers prepared to one position train a domestic prospect alongside an international prospect to have a competitive u21 in two seasons time, an NT in four.

I think in my election speech when trying to once gain the England U21 managers role I outlined exactly this! Its nice to see that my words didnt fall directly on deaf ears...

but are you suggesting all managers directly competing with one another sit cosily around a table and divide out the fruits of our traning labour?!! HA

As Champ the example I show is to educate where possible how managers in the chasing pack and aspiring 1st division managers can better their decisions to help close the gap. These are merely opinions stemmed from my experience and done so in confidence that i dont need to keep information I believe gives me an advantage from anyone. Ive done this now for those that want to listen both inside and outside of Japan and will continue to do so.

What I wont do is as you suggest set an example that weakens my team uneccessarily. If your aspirations this season are to stabilize a position in the EBBL and not to challenge for honors then its 'nice for you' to be a community spokesman and lead the way admirably is single position training until you can compete at the business end of the table.

As for the swings and roundabouts quip; am I supposed to never aim higher than domestic success... if i opt to cut salaries and overshoot I can with bad luck/injuries lose my crown for what ($100k a week?!) at some point I will want to make a run at the BB3 and in 3 seasons I save $4mil odd which buys me 1 player (or more seats!) that at present i cant see how would improve my team considerably.

There is an angle and take on every new decision announced and my retort is an immediate reaction to how I initally read into how it will effect me (and in turn many more like me in smaller nations)

If you have a counter response, no problem at all but at least let it be one that makes sense.

Do you think I enjoy being in the position I am in.. Id rather be in an Asian Superleague or perhaps transfer across to my country of domicile... you better not hope for the 2nd as you will have a mighty bare trophy cabinet from here on in.

This Post:
72142.87 in reply to 72142.81
Date: 2/25/2009 6:35:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Get to the EBBL, then slag it off. You are some way from doing that.

This Post:
72142.88 in reply to 72142.87
Date: 2/25/2009 6:37:20 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Get to the EBBL, then slag it off. You are some way from doing that.

Transfer me to the EBBL I'm english i only live in Japan... please please.

This Post:
72142.89 in reply to 72142.87
Date: 2/25/2009 6:38:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i make a bet with you. my guards are going to be super players and in 3-4 seasons time they will challnge for MVP in the EBBL. I set up a plan to make the most from training and yes I am willingly and on purpose still miles away from the EBBL...

This Post:
72142.90 in reply to 72142.89
Date: 2/25/2009 6:43:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
yeah, right.

And another guard-training team is just what England needs. Let's see how they match up to Snyder and Shields in II.1 first.
Anyway, this is getting off topic.

This Post:
72142.91 in reply to 72142.81
Date: 2/25/2009 6:50:53 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You do understand that if you play in Div2 and they play in Div4 your arena revenue is a lot higher if you lose to them then you pay less salarys aswell meaning you overall profit is a lot higher than theirs.

This Post:
72142.92 in reply to 72142.86
Date: 2/25/2009 6:55:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm glad you got the reference.
I think coco made the point clear, you have had the advantage in BB3 to this point. This measure will redress that. You are yet to accept that you have had a financial advantage in BB3. Really, a man of your talents should've won the thing by now ;-)
What else it does is unclear at this stage.

By the way, I'm not dismissing Astra's point that the motivational boost caused by increased competition outweighs the financial advantage that you've received. Difficult to quantify, though.

I don't care about the position you are in, we're talking about whether this measure improves the game, not your position in it.

Go on, ask me whether I sympathize :-p

This Post:
72142.93 in reply to 72142.90
Date: 2/25/2009 6:59:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
people! just chill!

i understand the concern we all have, but the contingency plan of how the foreign players playing in a country is still not clearly given to us.

some of us have thought about the effects, some talk about the aspects. but its all going to the fact it deals with how we are going to manage our own team.

i felt as much as people wants to air their side others counter in the sense of not the issue but what was just brought to the table by someone. how can we disect something we dont clearly know.

i believe the bb's will release more info to us, for now take it easy. i fear we wont be hearing much of advance news or plans in the future if we end up arguing more.

its still season 10 and we have 2 more seasons, its a big thing so i expect we to be guided properly in this change.

This Post:
72142.94 in reply to 72142.92
Date: 2/25/2009 7:03:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm glad you got the reference.
I think coco made the point clear, you have had the advantage in BB3 to this point. This measure will redress that. You are yet to accept that you have had a financial advantage in BB3. Really, a man of your talents should've won the thing by now ;-)
What else it does is unclear at this stage.

I have certainly not had an advantage in BB3 in terms of enthusiasm entering the games. I have mentioned this repeatedly without any solution to even up the chances of teams in the east with teams in the west. As for winning it!!! Ha. i'm happy to make up the numbers in the last 16 and better if i get lucky.. its difficult to compare me with the beta testers that have been around since season 1. I know ive annoyed a fair few people on these forums for a while (awaits confirmation from the masses) but Ive only been around since season 3 and there are still a number of more talented managers out there than me!

]

By the way, I'm not dismissing Astra's point that the motivational boost caused by increased competition outweighs the financial advantage that you've received. Difficult to quantify, though.

I don't care about the position you are in, we're talking about whether this measure improves the game, not your position in it.

Go on, ask me whether I sympathize :-p

Yes and being from a smaller country i am course going to be in the minority!! If the change benefits the majority less than it hurts the minority is it therefore correct?

I think I have more sympathy for you and thats just because I know you have none for me (and nor should you!)!

Last edited by Superfly Guy at 2/25/2009 7:04:48 AM

This Post:
72142.95 in reply to 72142.91
Date: 2/25/2009 7:03:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You do understand that if you play in Div2 and they play in Div4 your arena revenue is a lot higher if you lose to them then you pay less salarys aswell meaning you overall profit is a lot higher than theirs.

so it is certain that revenue formulas for all division 4's are for every country the same? so it is certain my revenue is higher than an italian or spanish div. IV team??

This Post:
72142.96 in reply to 72142.87
Date: 2/25/2009 7:04:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i would like to know why i suddenly deserve all this criticism directed directly at my team???

Advertisement