Bugs, bugs, bugs > Training says complete....but not

Training says complete....but not

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
197922.89 in reply to 197922.88
Date: 10/14/2011 7:50:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
They certainly care about it and we users believe in them, thus we are worrying about what's going on. Though the staff may lose some credibility: you can't allow yourself to do twice the same mistake.

This Post:
197922.90 in reply to 197922.83
Date: 10/14/2011 7:57:22 AM
Kitakyushu
ASL
Overall Posts Rated:
9:00 pm and still nothing....PL game starts in 1 hour and only one last chance for my training to complete(9:40 training update)...I always have my PL's start after the training but now that seems impossible.

This Post:
197922.91 in reply to 197922.81
Date: 10/14/2011 7:58:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm kinda confused here

Bugs are problem, but as a developer myself, I tend to understand. Not trying to fix bugs is a bigger problem. Denying that bugs exist is even bigger problem. You really don't care, do you?

Last Friday I couldn't set tactics for PL game on time. Apparently, this Friday will be the same. I know! The solution would be not to extend supporter and not play Friday games anymore. I'm sorry, but I feel that I left enough money while issues are not resolved, nor perfectly simple and useful suggestions implemented.

Concentrate on resolving bugs before implementing significant improvements that usually introduce more bugs.

or we can see differently.... I'm not saying that I appreciate when there are training delays. It pisses me off like you but that's not the point I want to talk about.

The pack we, supporters, are paying has nothing to do with those bugs. It's inherent to BB site. Indeed, all functionalities provided by the pack are all working pretty well. You can't deny it. So saying "enough I have given enough money" is not a smart move imo and it won't help BB and their staff since you pay or not, you will still have those bugs. And even, the less we pay, the less BB staff will have some chance to get those bugs fixed.

So here, I will continue to pay my package since I have nothing to say about functiunalities the pack provides.

Also, saying bb staff doesn't care about those bugs is a non-sense. How can you say such a thing ? Yes they are in trouble, but I'm sure they don't feel good about this ^^ Even if the frequency of the bugs is increasing, I'm sure they are doing their best to get this situation fixed.

Last edited by tom3714 at 10/14/2011 7:59:43 AM

This Post:
197922.92 in reply to 197922.87
Date: 10/14/2011 8:02:53 AM
Matrix Mighty Dunkers
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Charles, I hope this bug wasn't the same that week ago.

I know processes, and I know that rerun of scripts must take some time and i will wait for training.

but You have problem with this script, module, as I remember always were problems with trainig, maybe not permanently but few time a season, I think it is time to fix it for good, becouse few of our colegues, managers are pissed off.

this two new coders are in the team You say at the start of the season, maybe they can start from this case and fix it, optimize it, and gives us information that You start fixing problems with this functionality in comunication, I think BB-Ryan can do this, he could inform us that this functionality can be unstable till will be fixed.

regards

Last edited by aMORFIczny at 10/14/2011 8:10:39 AM

This Post:
197922.93 in reply to 197922.92
Date: 10/14/2011 8:05:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Training has been completed in Australia!!!!

This Post:
197922.95 in reply to 197922.86
Date: 10/14/2011 8:13:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't think that's very fair. Of course I care about the game, making it work, etc. Of course I want everything to run smoothly.

Sorry if I offended you, that was not an intention. By "you" I've meant "all of you", not you personally. And I didn't mean that you don't care about the game, but about our opinion.

You are acting like "headline without actual update" is a new problem. It happened on, I don't know, dozen occasions before, even when training was (almost) on time, and it was also reported here. Pardon me if I'm wrong, but that mean that developers had enough time to at least try to resolve an issue so it doesn't happen again. Restarting processing is not really a solution.

And we could add more bugs to "not-to-do" list that bother us. I think that neither one was resolved since I started playing (~2 years). If server is overloaded, you can focus your attention on optimizing code, distributing load to several servers, etc. For example, and I can't really understand why boxscore is delayed every time. If the game player is ready 10-15 minute before game start, why boxscore isn't?

And to be clear: we all love this game and care about it, even if we rant. Heck, otherwise we wouldn't rant at all - Logout and Forget would be much easier.

This Post:
197922.96 in reply to 197922.81
Date: 10/14/2011 8:13:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
They definitely care, and they have shown that many times, attacking them on childlike bases doesn't help anyone
The code of game is probably monstrously vast, and there are lots of small lines that could non-directly create some crashes, and besides that all of the new changes are implemented in old code, so it would be a big miracle if everything works fine from the first try
And you couldn't say that they didn't every time react in matter of minutes, maybe resolving takes quite longer, but as I remember debugging has always started immediately.

Last edited by LA-Kasie K. at 10/14/2011 8:14:12 AM

It is not so important how high can someone jump, more important is who is the last one standing
This Post:
197922.99 in reply to 197922.94
Date: 10/14/2011 8:21:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
you being open and honest with us is very welcoming.

however, training updates seem to be a bottle neck. like game reports after the game is finished (this worked well last night!!!) so lets hope this has been resolved now for good. The training report or game reports not showing up, is just at certain times at certain days. What i do not understand is (after what happened last week and before too), that there was noone checking the training being properly run when it should start. and i mean not only the error reports but also the forums etc.

You could have found the problem several hours before and therefor solved it earlier too... That there might be a problem with buzzerbeater in the future, knowing the code is very complex, i can understand. but many problems you can solve or spot alot earlier by being proactive...

Advertisement