Suggestions > new teams included in bot cleanup

new teams included in bot cleanup

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
189983.9 in reply to 189983.8
Date: 7/19/2011 11:36:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Putting new teams with a starting roster in a league where the will be facing teams with $300,000 rosters and get smashed by 100+ every game seems like a great way to scare them off the game forever.

This Post:
189983.12 in reply to 189983.11
Date: 7/19/2011 12:24:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It would require differents scripts for adding team in existing countries small enough to have Div 1 among lowest two level of league hierachy (i.e. not having Div 3) and for newly created countires (where it would be odd to place very first team somewhere else than Div 1 which would then be populated by bots only). Orplace teams in lowest level no t into to one of two lowest levels as it is now. problem with that could be unnecassary filled lowest levels causing creating new lowest level (like filling Div 4 pushing a creation of Div 5) which would be then empty once non-keeper new teams which won't stick up drop out off game and only slow down all calculations. other issues could be more bot infested holes in league hierachy, cause bots on other than lowest levels wouldn't be replaced by new teams thus creating a looser density of living teams in lower levels till season update and quite massive bot cleanup (again slower calculation because of higher number of bots not replaced during the season).

No problem with suggestion, would be great, simply each country is differnt in size, number of season existing, behaviour of its users, success of propagation of the game - new users and % of them staying,... and after all any tea moves should be automatic to ensure no accidental bias towards anyone (or better to avoid a possibility someone could feel like that) and without meaningless processing - probably hard to design to avoid unfavourable result here and there - and which those are is in the eye of behodler after all.

This Post:
189983.13 in reply to 189983.8
Date: 7/19/2011 1:27:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
After we lost at least twenty new users in Austria, right after they registered (cannonfodder in DIVII), I made two suggestions that would solve the problem of new teams leaving out of frustration after a short time.

Number 1 - the expansion draft -> (167576.2) give teams the option to pick their own players (up to a league dependant salary cap), so they wont be killed in every game and maybe win a bunch of games too.

That way old players can be recycled , the database stays small and new teams get a chance to hold their own, thus the user will be more motivated.

Suggestion number two, made even months before, was pretty simple: put new teams in the lowest possible division of their country. For Austria this would mean DIV IV, so team would play two carefree seasons in bot leagues, while slowly develop their first talents and expanding the arena, so they would be financially capable of supporting an expensive roster when finally reaching competitive leagues.

This Post:
189983.15 in reply to 189983.13
Date: 7/20/2011 12:58:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't really like suggestion one, but I totally agree with suggestion two.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.

This Post:
189983.16 in reply to 189983.1
Date: 7/20/2011 4:55:40 AM
BC Hostivaƙ
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jirkov
Firstly new teams should always be created in teh lower divisions, never replace bots in upper divisions. Bot clean-ups would then always give top league spots to teams that are the most ready and deserving, instead of some brand-new team thrust into division 1.

I support this suggestion. It's surprise for me, it's not already working like that in all countries. In our country new teams are created in the lowest division (IV) and spots in II and III keep empty till the end of the season. But in past it wasn't working like that.